PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Connect

Aircop
October 23rd, 2015, 12:25
I have tried everything and this is not working, going to switch back to Roll20 if I dont get some help, this is crap to pay for a monthly subscription and there is not even a phone number for support. Every time I run the test it fails and I have done everything humanly possible and nothing works.

damned
October 23rd, 2015, 12:31
Woah. Relax Aircop. If you dont ask for help no one knows you need it.
Are you a player or a GM?
What is the actual issue and what errors are you getting?

ddavison
October 23rd, 2015, 13:59
Hello Aircop, the support is provided by email and via the forums. We generally respond very quickly. The email is listed on the launch screen when you launch, under Send e-mail to Fantasy Grounds support. The address is [email protected]

If you are planning to host a game, then the connection test is what you should ensure works first. If this is failing, it usually indicates that a firewall on your computer is blocking port 1802 or the router you use for your Internet is not set to port forward 1802 traffic to your local computer's IP address. Most people get the first step without issue but miss setting up the latter issue. If you post the name of your service provider here, there might be a user who can provide you with the specific steps and screenshots you will need to set up your router. If you have ATT Uverse, for instance, these are normally something that you can easily Google.

-Doug

Aircop
October 23rd, 2015, 16:32
ok, first i have set it to port forwarding 1802 and used the right IP address, I have a ASUS RT-AC68U router and have a web guy who walked it through with me and set it up, I have Norton Security and have not only set it up but then turned it off to see if that was the problem, Widows Defender is turned of as well, I have Brighthouse cable with a Motorola surfboard with the Firewall turned off, what else can I do?

Aircop
October 23rd, 2015, 16:33
Oh and I am hosting the game, i am the GM......i hope

damned
October 23rd, 2015, 20:33
Hi Aircop - I will be home in 4 hours. If you are still up at that time send me a PM and I will get you sorted.

Aircop
October 23rd, 2015, 22:38
yeah i am here till 0100 EST

damned
October 24th, 2015, 00:08
Im online now - send me a PM and we will get you sorted.

Aircop
October 24th, 2015, 00:48
how about I give you my teamspeak info and you climb in?

Aircop
October 24th, 2015, 00:50
my Teamspeak is easy.teamspeak3.com:9617 password is tankwar, we use this for our World of Tanks clan I am in now in lobby

Aircop
October 24th, 2015, 00:54
ask for Glothmog if I am out of the room

Aircop
October 24th, 2015, 01:40
i am on now

Aircop
October 24th, 2015, 01:50
wow a lot of help here, again why is there no such thing as a support phone number? and I am paying monthly for this?

damned
October 24th, 2015, 02:08
ive sent you 2 PMs which you havent responded to.

Aircop
October 24th, 2015, 02:20
why is there no support number for a product I am paying monthly for?

Aircop
October 24th, 2015, 02:21
what is a PM and where do I find it?

Trenloe
October 24th, 2015, 03:04
why is there no support number for a product I am paying monthly for?
There are plenty of software products that don't provide support phone numbers - some costing a lot more. It's rare for software that costs $4/month to have a support phone number.

The support email was provided in Post #3 above, but I'd recommend taking damned up on his offer of assistance.

Moon Wizard
October 24th, 2015, 03:06
A PM is a private message on the forums. A notification usually appears near upper right of forums page to view your PMs.

Regards,
JPG

Aircop
October 25th, 2015, 17:26
Hey got it working,I have 2 routers, a cable surfboard and a ASUS, made the cable into a bridge and everything now works, thank you for your input.

ddavison
October 25th, 2015, 18:35
Great to hear. Thanks for sticking with it.

Ollie
October 29th, 2015, 02:34
Saw this thread and I was wondering if I could get a hand in getting this set up. I have the player version and haven't been successful running the test. My DM is a deadbeat too and gave up after not being able to figure it out. Full disclosure - I have no clue what I'm doing. I'm in Canada - EST time

damned
October 29th, 2015, 08:07
Hi Ollie - we cant fix it from your end. It needs to be fixed from the GMs end. Put the deadbeat in touch with me... sent you details via PM.

ddavison
October 29th, 2015, 15:05
The player doesn't typically need to configure anything. If they do, they normally just allow the program their their firewall when prompted by Windows.

For the GM, the most common thing people miss is setting their router to either allow for UPNP (Universal Plug N Play) or to route the port 1802 traffic on their router to their local computer. Please *do* encourage them to contact us at [email protected] or to post to the forums requesting aid and we would be happy to assist them. This is normally only set up once and then it will work from then on.