PDA

View Full Version : Router Woes, need a heal

Sando
October 23rd, 2015, 05:01
Gang

I have been struggling for days trying to read the threads and solve this problem myself but I cant seem to get anywhere. Like many others, I cant get others to connect to my hosted game (or pass the network test). I have tried port forwarding on my router(s) to no avail. I have an Actiontech M1000 modem/router from Qwest, followed by a ASUS RT-N66U router. I have forwarded the ports from the Actiontech to the external address of the ASUS, and the ports from the ASUS to the PC i am using. I am pretty sure I have done that correctly, but as I was doing so, noticed that the Actiontech does NOT support UDP. I am guessing this is my problem, as I have read that FG requires UDP support. Can any confirm this, or help me with a work around. Already paid for the license and not being able to use it is a real downer. Id rather not go back to Roll20, but I tell you, they sure do make connections a LOT easier...

Thanks in advance for any help.

Frustrated but hopeful,

Steve

damned
October 23rd, 2015, 05:33
Steve send me a PM.

damned
October 23rd, 2015, 06:00
Basically you do this:

find your PC IP Address and gateway
log on to ASUS RT-N66U and note down its WAN and LAN IP Addresses
log on to Actiontech M1000 and note its WAN and LAN IP Addresses

Your PC gateway should be the ASUS LAN address
The ASUS gateway address should be the Actiontech LAN Address
The ASUS WAN address should be on the same range as the Actiontech LAN address

On the ASUS create a Port Forward for TCP 1802 to the PC LAN address
If there is an option to give a static DHCP lease or reservation do that too.

On the Actiontech create a Port Forward for TCP 1802 to the ASUS WAN address
Usually you wont need to create a DHCP lease/reservation here as no other devices will likely use this network in between the two routers

hope that makes sense.

Yes... networking on roll20 is easier.

Oh yeah - one last thing - you need this port forwarding thingamy only if you are the GM - players will rarely need to make any changes to their networks.

Sando
October 23rd, 2015, 18:38
Hey thanks for the quick reply Damned. I think Ive done that correctly, Ill post a few screens to see if you can check my work.

I am the GM.

Thanks again for the help!

damned
October 24th, 2015, 00:11
Sando - send me a PM on back online now and can work this through with you.