PDA

View Full Version : Chat Logging?

ArrowQuivershaft
January 25th, 2005, 02:24
Does FG autolog, or even log at all? And if so, where?

Edit: Where are the logs, I mean.

msd
January 25th, 2005, 02:38
Does FG autolog, or even log at all?

Yes.

And if so, where?

Edit: Where are the logs, I mean.

Under your FG installation, there should be a folder called 'campaigns'. Within that folder, there is a folder for each campaign you have started, participated in, etc.

At the root of each campaign folder is a chatlog of the campaign - look for a file called chatlog.html. This file is created automatically.

-Matt

P.S. - I only know how to disable the chatlogging on a temporary basis. If you right click on the chat window, an option comes up to disable chat logging. Right click again and you can re-enable (good for extended OOC conversations if you are trying to keep your chatlog more or less a clean representation of the game). To the best of my knowledge, though, this only lasts for the session. If you were to exit the app and restart, chatlogging would be back on by default.

ArrowQuivershaft
January 25th, 2005, 17:20
I don't see it there; then again, only my DM and I were on last night testing a few things, so maybe it doesn't log when there's only one player.

msd
January 25th, 2005, 17:29
I don't see it there; then again, only my DM and I were on last night testing a few things, so maybe it doesn't log when there's only one player.

Ahh...I don't know, but I suspect that it only logs on the DM's side. Again, I would have to check my home machine and compare campaign folders in which I have been a player and in which I have been a DM.

You might ask in the support forum as well.