PDA

View Full Version : Phandelver Pregens contain data not accessible to players

tadkil
October 22nd, 2015, 03:19
I am running Phandelver. My plan was to run the adventure as is our of the box and use the pre-generated characters.

I ran the first stage of the adventure as a dry run. Built the character effects out and then ran the party through local host to make certain I understood the interface and could run the combat, etc. No problems. All looked good.

I opened up the server to my players so they could take a look at their characters and tweak spells and such if they wanted. One of the guys logged on and identified this as an issue: unless you make the module viewable to me I cannot click on the Criminal Background and see what it does. I get the error Could not open sheet with data from unloaded module. (DD Lost Mine of Phandelver) obviously this is not ideal as players need to check these tabs for information on how to play their characters

2 questions

Does anyone have or is there available the pre-gens as a separate module I can let the players load?
What are alternative solutions?

I was completely defeated searching the site on this issue. Zeus lists Phandelver and character in his design credits and the search function kept googling his posts into the answers. He posts a bit.

Thanks in advance for the help.

damned
October 22nd, 2015, 05:08
Hola tadkil I just tested this and it is as you say.
LMoP also comes with the D&D Basic Rules - Player and GM. Share the Player Module (Library -> Modules -> Activate D&D Basic Rules - Player and then drag the green shield/arrow onto the space beside the book icon) and then the player should do something similar (Library - Modules - Drag the book Icon open) and then they can drag the Background back in to the Char Sheet. Im pretty sure it doesnt mess anything up and it will fix that link. You can also do it with the Players Handbook if you have that.

damned
October 22nd, 2015, 05:09
you should also post the bug here - https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?23710-5E-Bug-Reports-and-Notices-of-Fixes-Rolled-Out - if it can be fixed properly thats the place the devs will see it.

tadkil
October 22nd, 2015, 05:29
Hola tadkil I just tested this and it is as you say.
LMoP also comes with the D&D Basic Rules - Player and GM. Share the Player Module (Library -> Modules -> Activate D&D Basic Rules - Player and then drag the green shield/arrow onto the space beside the book icon) and then the player should do something similar (Library - Modules - Drag the book Icon open) and then they can drag the Background back in to the Char Sheet. Im pretty sure it doesnt mess anything up and it will fix that link. You can also do it with the Players Handbook if you have that.

I have the PHB & have shared the modules. The only section that is restricted/linked to Phandelver appears to be the background section. My work around was low tech but worked. I found Pdfs of the the original character sheets and cut and pasted the relevant text into the notes field of the character sheet.