PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Question

StarDebut
October 21st, 2015, 22:14
Can I, and how do I, roll 4d6 drop 1 in the chat window (but not when using manage characters)

I am trying to roll attributes in game, so that the GM can see.

What I am trying to figure out, is the best way to roll attributes without cheating.

Ta.

Zacchaeus
October 21st, 2015, 22:29
No, you can't do this outwith the character manager. However all you need to do is roll the 4d6 into the chat window and add up the three highest to achieve the same thing.

Edit: Actually have a look at this. (https://dmfirmy.com/downloads/dmfirmys-drop-lowest-extension-for-fantasy-grounds)

StarDebut
October 21st, 2015, 22:38
Yeah Ill take a look

I did what you said then inputting the dice roll into the ability score, doesn't drop the lowest roll... Ill take a look. Thanks

EDIT: Cool I will use the extension.

Zacchaeus
October 21st, 2015, 22:42
Em, you misunderstand me. Roll 4d6 into the chat box and say you get 6,5,4,3 for a total of 18. Add up the highest three to get 15 (by using mental arithmetic) and type 15 into the ability score box. :)

Moon Wizard
October 21st, 2015, 22:42
I usually just do this manually, since you only do it once per character.

The roll 4, drop 1 option is available in the Manage Characters mode for the D&D rulesets. Check the tabs above the chat window.

Cheers,
JPG

Nylanfs
October 21st, 2015, 22:44
On the Chat screen when you are in the character creation mode, click the "Roll" tab at the top

Zacchaeus
October 21st, 2015, 23:09
He's wanting to do this not in the Character Manager but in FG proper Nylanfs.

StarDebut
October 21st, 2015, 23:39
Yeah thanks, I couldn't actually type into the ability score box. But thanks, problem solved.

Also.... another newbie question.

Can I change/assign a token for a character or monster. Plus if I am taking a Monster from the D&D DM Basic Rules and there is no token assigned can I assign a token. Pluuuss... How do I resize a token to make a medium creature into a large creature.

StarDebut
October 21st, 2015, 23:40
On the Chat screen when you are in the character creation mode, click the "Roll" tab at the top

Yeah but if the DM can't see that, then you could just pick any die rolls you wanted right?

(Sorry I double posted)

damned
October 22nd, 2015, 01:48
Yeah thanks, I couldn't actually type into the ability score box. But thanks, problem solved.

Also.... another newbie question.

Can I change/assign a token for a character or monster. Plus if I am taking a Monster from the D&D DM Basic Rules and there is no token assigned can I assign a token. Pluuuss... How do I resize a token to make a medium creature into a large creature.

Change/Assign Tokens - yes 0 unlock critter first and drag token from the token bag/box over the current one
If you change the creatures size from Medium to large and you are using a Grid it will autoscale teh creature token. Or you can scroll wheel over the token in the Combat Tracker t increase/decrease size.

damned
October 22nd, 2015, 01:49
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9U0MuWEzGI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjtnAhWkaSQ

StarDebut
October 22nd, 2015, 17:11
Thanks Champion Immortal. I do enjoy the videos, but thanks for answering the question. Simple things are often trickier to work out than you think. Often it is not mentioned in one specific video and there are quite a few to watch. Ill watch em.

damned
October 23rd, 2015, 00:50
Thanks Champion Immortal. I do enjoy the videos, but thanks for answering the question. Simple things are often trickier to work out than you think. Often it is not mentioned in one specific video and there are quite a few to watch. Ill watch em.

I understand. I did answer the Q as well as post the videos. The Videos are only about 4mins each I think. Low production quality but useful I think.

Nylanfs
October 23rd, 2015, 02:26
Just a note, Champion Immortal is his post count title. :)

damned
October 23rd, 2015, 03:10
Just a note, Champion Immortal is his post count title. :)

No its not. Its my name - it goes well with my very big head!

dulux-oz
October 23rd, 2015, 03:36
No its not. Its my name - it goes well with my very big head!

So what does that makes us - twins?

Mask_of_winter
October 23rd, 2015, 03:58
A damned champion immortal... I'm sure there's an interesting story there hehe

damned
October 23rd, 2015, 04:20
So what does that makes us - twins?

Are you my Evil twin or is it the other way? Mwahhahhahahaha.

A damned champion immortal... I'm sure there's an interesting story there hehe

The story is always better after a few beers... perhaps Crusader StarDebut was worried about offending me calling me damned...

dulux-oz
October 23rd, 2015, 05:13
Are you my Evil twin or is it the other way? Mwahhahhahahaha.

Aren't we both the Evil twin? :ogre: