PDA

View Full Version : I've returned, and I'm ready to play again.

CthulhuHalo
October 21st, 2015, 16:53
Hey there FG community, I'm Halo. Some of you may know me, most of you probably don't. I took a break from FG for a while because all that was going on in my life, and all the 'Preset Campaigns,' as I believe I put it, that were going on here. I'm looking for something interesting, not something generic, and likely something with some homebrew mixed in. I prefer text over voice (almost to the point of refusing to use voice), I know 3.5e, nWoD (Vampire specifically), and a bit of Pathfinder. I am willing to try Shadowrun or 5e, but only if you don't mind explaining them to me. I like Iron Kingdoms and things like it, and I prefer statrolling over point-buy in 3.5e, but I'll do either.

Also, I prefer the actual "Roleplaying" part of RPGs over combat, and will not minmax, but instead I'll try to create a character with a personality, and pick skills accordingly. Saying that, when it does come to combat, I have a few preferred roles. Those are:

Melee DPS (Usually fighter)
Ranged DPS (Archer of some kind, or sniper-ish Rifleman of some kind if guns exist in the story)
Magic Support (Heals and buffs)
Ranged Magic DPS (in Iron Kingdoms, I would go Gunmage. Outside of that, I don't know any real examples, maybe something similar but with bows instead of guns?)
Melee Magic DPS and/or Tank (I don't really know any examples, I've never done this, but I always wanted to)

So if you don't want any of those roles in your game, I'm likely not the player for you.

Fair warning, I have a little bit of a temper (May be an understatement, I officially have anger issues), so if I seem like I start to get angry, try letting me know, and asking why I am. I also have an unpredictable schedule, and may miss sessions occasionally. If you don't want someone like this in your game, I respect that. If you don't mind having me and dealing with any possible situations that may arise from such, then you are truly awesome.

Despite my above flaws, I'm generally a nice person, or I'd like to think so at least. Some people say I'm hard to get along with, and they're probably right, honestly. But I will always try being nice at least once before I do anything, unless I feel I'm on the defensive from others' hostilities.

Any responses are appreciated, but I may have forgot to list a few criteria or details here. If you have any questions about what I'd do in certain types of situations, or about my game preferences, feel free to ask.

EDIT: I should mention that I likely wont be able to do anything until after Halloween, as I'm dealing with Halloween costume setup and a few other things, like reinstalling everything on my good computer after a recent factory reset. Just wanted to point this out before I forgot. If a game happens to be on one of the like 3 open days I have, then that is extremely lucky.

EDIT 2: Bleigh, I keep forgetting things. After Halloween is over, I can generally be in games on any day, from Sunday to Saturday, and I can usually be in games that take place between noon and midnight in my timezone (See 'Location'). If it starts earlier or ends later, it's a no-go. Also, I'm not the fastest at typing, and I like to make long, detailed entries (I usually include flavor text in my combat descriptions, and lots of it. I love detail), for example explaining my character's reaction in relatively high detail, including subtle cues and the like. My entries (or posts, whatever you want to call them. I just call them entries so as to not confuse them with forum posts) will usually be structured like an excerpt from a book, as I'm an amateur writer. Also, I have a tendency to create textbricks like this monstrosity of an edit that I've created. So if any of this is something you don't want in your game, I'd suggest looking for another player.

And please, don't ask me to GM, I can't come up with a story very easily without something to base it off, and I'm not a good leader, not to mention I really prefer only having to manage one character per game, and I don't really understand FG too well.

Another thing, I'm likely very rusty, both with using FG in general, and with using the individual systems. I may ask a lot of questions, and some of them may seem obvious, but I don't own any rulebooks of my own to base my knowledge off of, I'm working entirely off memory, so.

damned
October 22nd, 2015, 02:23
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?26410-Zeitgeist-The-Gears-of-Revolution-4e-level-1-30-campaign-Text-only

CthulhuHalo
October 22nd, 2015, 21:31
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?26410-Zeitgeist-The-Gears-of-Revolution-4e-level-1-30-campaign-Text-only

Thanks, the GM of this actually contacted me about it around the time you posted it here, and I've joined. ^_^