PDA

View Full Version : Install at home and at work?

BrettB
January 24th, 2005, 22:29
Okay, I admit I didn't read the EULA - i was too eager to play with the app I'd just bought.

Anyhow, I primarily want to use FG at home, from which I'd be running any of my games. But I'd also like to have an install at work so that in my occasional free moments I can tweak and experiment, where I have access to a whole range of professional-grade XML tools. I would not be running any games from there or anything, just want to have a second install to work with.

If that's all I'm doing, am I crossing any lines? I can't imagine I am, but wanted to ask. I realize it's a slippery slope kind of question, but usually the "only ever in one place at one time" rule of thumb is acceptable.

Thanks in advance.

Being
January 30th, 2005, 04:23
If I may suggest an alternative... you might try using LogMeIn,
a free, remote access tool that runs inside a web browser.

https://www.logmein.com/

You sign up, install a small gizmo on your home PC, and then
you can control it remotely from any other PC with a web browser
and an internet connection. It's a secure connection so whatever
you do is kept private.

I'm using it right now and it works great. Check it out.

Dupre
January 30th, 2005, 14:12
The EULA states that you have a license to use one copy of the software on any one system and that the license is not transferable to any other system.

In other words you are not allowed to install the software on several computers.

The software itself cannot tell what computer it is running on and as long as no two players in a game are using the same license, the software will assume the above to be true.