PDA

View Full Version : PFS #3-05 Tide of Twilight, Fri 6 Nov, 7pm GMT

cmdisc
October 21st, 2015, 08:10
A Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for Levels 1–5.
In researching a recently recovered druidic lorestone, the Pathfinder Society learns of a powerful artifact with the power to turn men into bestial abominations. Amid claims of increased werewolf activity in the region, the PCs travel into the heart of the Verduran Forest to retrieve the valuable relic from a cabal of evil druids believed to currently hold it.

You can sign up on the Calendar, which you can find here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1661

However, to reserve a spot for this session, make a comment on this thread. Posting here takes priority over the calendar.

We're over two weeks out, so there's time to hammer out who is bringing what. I'd like all XMLs and latest Chronicles no later than 3 Nov, however.

If for any reason there are more than 6 people interested, go ahead and post on here anyway and I can make an alternate list and/or see about this running again.

xazil
October 21st, 2015, 08:17
Id like to come along although I can't make this time, if you end up having a second run at an alternate time Ill be up for it. :)

cmdisc
October 21st, 2015, 08:48
I had to edit the day. Not sure why I had the 4th as a Friday. But it's corrected now as it should be Friday the 6th.

Guess I'm still recovering from the CON. :o

bigboom
October 21st, 2015, 08:59
I'm not yet sure if I can make it due to the timing. If I can, I'll sign up.

But same as xazil, if you run an alternate time, I'll most likely be able to make it!

Werd
October 21st, 2015, 08:59
I'd like to play, don't have any chronicles but I do have a level 1 wizard.

Vladlock
October 21st, 2015, 09:15
Would love to play if you would be willing to bump it to sunday

cmdisc
October 21st, 2015, 09:42
I'd like to play, don't have any chronicles but I do have a level 1 wizard.

That's ok. I posted the request for Chronicles with the assumption that we were talking about 1+ XP PCs. Brand new builds are welcome too. :)

Would love to play if you would be willing to bump it to sunday

Let's give this a few days to see what others say. I will check my calendar. If not enough are lining up for Fri and if that Sunday works for me, we can think about moving it.

Hartha1858
October 21st, 2015, 09:43
I would like to reserve a spot.

Hartha1858
October 21st, 2015, 10:08
I do have a chronicle. I would use my monk but he was killed on the 17th during the Sky Key event. As far as characters how much gold do we get for equipment or if we have a chronicle do we get to use the gold collected from other scenarios?

Syaoran0503
October 21st, 2015, 10:15
I'd definitely be interested in playing this scenario. I have my level 3 wizard that could play in either subtier. Or I could bring something new along at level 1.

bigboom
October 21st, 2015, 11:49
Alrighty, I'm 90% sure I can make this time slot so I'll sign up, if that's ok? I've got a level 1 rogue and level 1 swashbuckler, and seeing as there's already a rogue signed up, I'll sign up with the swashbuckler. But I can always roll up a new character if needed. Thanks cmdisc!

Hartha1858
October 21st, 2015, 12:37
I forgot to ask what time zone the time of the game is. I am on Arizona time.

cmdisc
October 21st, 2015, 13:01
I forgot to ask what time zone the time of the game is. I am on Arizona time.

The gametime listed is for GMT/UTC. I believe as of right now Arizona is at -7 since it is Mountain Time.

Remember that many of us may be experiencing the 1 hour adjustment from Daylight Savings before the game. So keep that in mind when planning your schedule.

xazil
October 21st, 2015, 13:36
I do have a chronicle. I would use my monk but he was killed on the 17th during the Sky Key event. As far as characters how much gold do we get for equipment or if we have a chronicle do we get to use the gold collected from other scenarios? Unfortunately you'll have to make a new character, although you could make a brother monk (seeking to find a way to return his sibling from the timestreams). You start with 150gp for all fresh characters. Once you play that character you will acquire chronicles building up money to improve your gear.

Hartha1858
October 21st, 2015, 13:40
Ok that time works fine for me. Will it end around 5 or so? I can get some sleep before it starts but I would like to get a little more before I have to go into work around 2200.

Syaoran0503
October 21st, 2015, 15:04
Ok that time works fine for me. Will it end around 5 or so? I can get some sleep before it starts but I would like to get a little more before I have to go into work around 2200.

Most PFS scenarios are designed to play for around 5 hours. So I would plan accordingly.

kwarner1986
October 21st, 2015, 15:26
Would like to play, but 3pm is in the middle of work for me now. Have fun guys.

Hartha1858
October 21st, 2015, 15:33
Then yeah it will end around 5. Which means I will be able to get an extra 4 hours of sleep.

cmdisc
October 21st, 2015, 15:34
Would like to play, but 3pm is in the middle of work for me now. Have fun guys.

Didn't you play this one already, Kyle? I took a look at previous runs of this from other GMs before I posted and thought I saw your name while browsing through things.

But maybe I'm thinking of a different scenario.

kwarner1986
October 21st, 2015, 16:08
It maybe possible, I would have to double check my games played online. I lost all my sheets when my computer died.

cmdisc
October 21st, 2015, 17:14
It maybe possible, I would have to double check my games played online. I lost all my sheets when my computer died.

If it was reported properly, Paizo should have record of it on their PFS character page.

Syaoran0503
October 21st, 2015, 17:22
I have a friend who is interested in trying out PFS and would like to play. He is gong to check his schedule, but I just wanted to let you know cm. I will let hm know to make an account here and reply to the thread.

aerine
October 21st, 2015, 18:04
I would love to come and play. I have 2 characters who could play at this level. A level 4 cleric or a brand new character. Thanks a lot.

cmdisc
October 21st, 2015, 19:01
Looking like a lot of responses right out of the gate today. I'll have to take a moment to go through all this tomorrow when I have time and see what is what, but it appears from first glance that things are shaping up for a 1-2 subtier run.

I have no problem with offering this a 2nd time for more players....maybe a 4-5 subtier?...but I also don't want to step on any other GM's toes if they are wanting to run this while there are quite a few people interested. If there are GMs out there considering running this, let me know.

Brainpolice
October 21st, 2015, 19:28
Put myself pending with my level 1 Magus Zanth Ironhardt.

Syaoran0503
October 21st, 2015, 20:37
cm, if there is enough interest for another session at the 4-5 subtier I will play that and someone else can take my spot at this 1-2 table. Guess we will see the interest level for that over the next few days.

aerine
October 21st, 2015, 20:54
As I said before I could do either :)

Wraithraider
October 21st, 2015, 21:26
Hello there. Im Syaoran's friend. I would be bringing a prevent just to try things out. Looking to go arcane or I can be the front line if needs be.

bigboom
October 22nd, 2015, 01:25
cmdisc, I've signed on with a level 1 swashbuckler, but I'm happy to roll with a lvl 4 pregen on an alternate time/day as well, especially if you have enough people for the 1-2 subtier.

jshauber
October 22nd, 2015, 02:10
I signed up on the calendar but give my spot to a newer player if another signs up.

cmdisc
October 22nd, 2015, 06:45
There is actually quite a bit more interest in this than I had originally thought, so I'm going to open up Sunday 1 Nov at 8pm GMT (keep in mind, the time should shift 1 hour earlier for any of you locally if you haven't experienced DST yet but will before this date). Hopefully I've entered the times on the calendar correctly, but they should retain their times of 8pm (1st) and 7pm (6th) GMT in spite of DST kicking in. Guess I'll know by this weekend. :)

Do we have enough for this new day to make it a 4-5 subtier and keep the 6th as a 1-2?

xazil
October 22nd, 2015, 06:59
Sounds good to me. I've signed up. :)

Syaoran0503
October 22nd, 2015, 14:51
I can def play my level 3 wizard at the 4-5 subtier.

cmdisc
October 22nd, 2015, 15:43
The Friday Table is lining up strongly for a 1-2 subtier.

Is the Sunday Table interested in the 4-5? Or do you want to do the 1-2 also? I'm fine with whatever you guys decide.

Right now I'm tracking xazil, Vladlock, Syaoran, and Wraithraider for Sunday. Werd, Hartha, bigboom, Brainpolice, and jshauber for Friday. aerine can swing either grouping.

If I've missed anyone or you want to move anything around, please let me know. I'm requesting that you vote YES once on the calendar to show which group you want to be in.
If you want/need a pregen, there are many available on the forum. You can either download one of your choice or build it from scratch. If you need assistance with that, let me know.

kwarner1986
October 22nd, 2015, 16:04
Confirmed, that I haven't played this one. So signing up for Sunday.

cmdisc
October 22nd, 2015, 16:07
Confirmed, that I haven't played this one. So signing up for Sunday.

Great. You're confirmed on the calendar.

kwarner1986
October 22nd, 2015, 20:03
Looks like we are going low, so I will bring my Paladin 1/Bloodrager 1, Rose Whitehall. If somehow we get upper level, I can bring Evelyn who's a level 5 Ice Sorceress. Now to go digging for character sheets. BTW, Rose just hit level 2, so I'm going to completely retrain her. (Mostly, because I don't have her old file.) You'll just have to make a note of it. :D

I'll try to get her files on here as soon as I can.

aerine
October 22nd, 2015, 20:11
Argh, I want to play my level 4 more, I think, but that would be sunday and I'm afraid the time might be short. How long does the game run??

Aerine

kwarner1986
October 22nd, 2015, 20:36
5 Hours. Give or take 30 minutes.

mmoplayer79
October 22nd, 2015, 21:18
heya! my character, Kami Hiromi, died, being "lost in the timestream" like other players during the Sky Key game at FGCon too. I couldn't, even with given extra resources, resurrect him at that point and so I decided to recreate him and start completely over. Same character, some minor tweaks, born anew, would like to join this game. Seen that some folks prefer to play on weekend and I might add that I also would prefer weekends too. Anyway, hope to get back in game - starting same character completely over, Lvl 1, Gnomish Rogue, Kami Hiromi. Please keep me informed. Thanks.

Syaoran0503
October 22nd, 2015, 21:42
Looks like we are going low, so I will bring my Paladin 1/Bloodrager 1, Rose Whitehall. If somehow we get upper level, I can bring Evelyn who's a level 5 Ice Sorceress. Now to go digging for character sheets. BTW, Rose just hit level 2, so I'm going to completely retrain her. (Mostly, because I don't have her old file.) You'll just have to make a note of it. :D

I'll try to get her files on here as soon as I can.

I believe cm said we can try to shoot for subtier 4-5 on sunday if everyone playing there is okay with that. My level 3 wizard can go for that subtier i think, and my friend wraithraider will be playing a pregen anyways. Just need to know what the rest of the party looks like so he can choose accordingly. I believe he was looking at arcanist or bloodrager if we need a frontline.

Wraithraider
October 22nd, 2015, 21:53
Yep but I can be flexible if people feel strongly about which toon to bring.
Registered on the calendar for Nov 1st.

cmdisc
October 22nd, 2015, 22:30
Argh, I want to play my level 4 more, I think, but that would be sunday and I'm afraid the time might be short. How long does the game run??

Aerine

The typical length of a Scenario is about 5 hours give or take. Many of them have an optional encounter that can be removed in the interest of time. So if you can swing that, you'd fit right in for the Sunday group if we can get a higher subtier going there. I'll have the server up an hour before gametime and would recommend people trying to join early so we can get any technical issues out of the way. Then we can start on time, if not a bit before schedule. :)

heya! my character, Kami Hiromi, died, being "lost in the timestream" like other players during the Sky Key game at FGCon too. I couldn't, even with given extra resources, resurrect him at that point and so I decided to recreate him and start completely over. Same character, some minor tweaks, born anew, would like to join this game. Seen that some folks prefer to play on weekend and I might add that I also would prefer weekends too. Anyway, hope to get back in game - starting same character completely over, Lvl 1, Gnomish Rogue, Kami Hiromi. Please keep me informed. Thanks.

mmo, sorry to hear you got baptized by character death so early in your PFS career, but glad to have you aboard making another run of it. Right now I have you as my 12th and final notice here and my 10th sign up on the calendar, so you're good for a spot. :)

kwarner1986
October 22nd, 2015, 22:44
I'm okay with playing either tier. Good news with Evelyn being Level 5, she's got a good variety of spells now. Thank you Favorite Class Bonus Human.

9 Cantrips, 6 / 1st Level Spells, 3 / 2nd Level Spells, plus the ability to cast them several times. 3 More XP until Iceball mania!

Victor
October 23rd, 2015, 05:19
Cool, I see you added a 2nd time for this and possibly a slot open.
I'm in for Sunday's game.

ikemook
October 23rd, 2015, 05:36
I'm up for joining with a Level 4 fighter who might be Level 5 by then.

Gargomaxthalus
October 23rd, 2015, 06:52
I have a Bloodrager that I think is set up right that I just completed that I'd love to try out in that Friday game.

edit: Ughh these damned rules. This one may not work after all. Investigating further.

edit:2 The Bloodrager is out, but I have an Unchained Rogue Knife Master level1 and a Feral Hunter Level 1 that I didn't find any issues with.

cmdisc
October 23rd, 2015, 07:13
This is all filling out nicely. Things need a little shuffling still, but here's what we have so far:

Sunday, 1 Nov (4-5 subtier)
xazil, Paladin 4
Syaoran0503, Wizard 3
Wraithraider, Pregen 4
kwarner1986, Sorcerer 5
Victor, Hunter 3

Friday, 6 Nov (1-2 subtier)
Hartha1858, Rogue 1
bigboom, Swashbuckler 1
aerine, Alchemist 1
Brainpolice, Magus 1
jshauber, (whatever) 1
mmoplayer79, Rogue 1

Vladlock has dropped and Werd is not on the calendar yet, but has a spot open to him. ikemook is first Sunday alternate for the 4-5 table with a Fighter4 and Gargomaxthalus is second alternate overall (first Friday alternate) with a (possibly) Bloodrager 1.

If Werd wants the 1-2 table, I will need someone to bump over to the 4-5 on Sunday. If anyone's schedule changes and needs to drop, I will insert the alternates in order.

At this time these are both looking to be full tables with lots of new players. So it is possible that a session might run over the 5 hour mark. I will shortcut what I can to keep to the timeline, but in the interest of staying on schedule, I ask that during combat people plan out their actions ahead of time as best they can so when it is their turn things are running relatively smoothly. Hiccups happen. It's part of the game even for some of the old veterans out there. We'll just do what we can with it. But if anyone starts taking too long, I have an extensive list of terrible jokes that I will pull out and start to read as punishment. Some of my past players can attest to this cruel and unusual form of torture. :p (Although sometimes I think Victor delays intentionally just so he can hear them).

There....did I miss anyone?

mmoplayer79
October 25th, 2015, 00:22
Thanks for including me, cm. Very kind of you to have been there for me since the beginning, helping me to learn Pathfinder and FG. Thanks for your patience and kindness - I know I am not always very easy to get along with. It was pretty crazy to have been killed off so fast with this character but if it wasn't for learning hard sometimes some things I might not learn too well :). I had fun, and people were mostly very pleasant. That's more than I can ask for most days, and more than I deserve some times too. I am already quite pleased with the PFS community and everything and will do what I can to pass along the kindness. I will check the calendar for the correct time/date for this game (according to my own timezone) and hope to be there and ready to be a good teammate with everyone also. Again, thanks. I been sleeping more and more lately, and falling further into depression but I'll be ok if I can just wake up :) LOL :)

mmoplayer79
October 25th, 2015, 00:48
man, still haven't learned how to use the calendar very well for things like seeing time/date when we will be playing. what day(s) are you gonna run game for me and i am US Pacific (california) time. What time did you say you would do game too? sorry. Kami Hiromi, Lvl 1 Gnomish Rogue.

Victor
October 25th, 2015, 07:37
Right now the calendar shows the lower tier game is Friday Nov 6th at Noon PST. Between now and then we go from PDT to PST so i do not know if that will shift an hour. The best thing to do is set your time zone and double check the calendar. You also need to vote for the time you want to play.

To change your time zone, go to "profile" at the top of the page, not 'my profile', then go to 'general settings', at the bottom of that page is the time zone setting. You may also want to set things up so you get emails rather than PMs when people post, its much faster and easier.

When you go to the calendar main page, there is a secion near the top that shows you all the games you are signed up for, and to the right any games you have not voted on yet. You should vote for your time slot so hold your place.

Hope this helps.

On a more personal note, keep in mind that you are never truly alone. :)

mmoplayer79
October 25th, 2015, 20:29
Thanks Victor :) very kind of you to help me :) be well :)

mmoplayer79
October 25th, 2015, 20:47
so, the Nov. 1st game is for higher sub-tier then and I only need to vote for and thus secure my spot for the Nov. 6th game? Ok. I think I've done then. Thanks. I will save Kami Hiromi and start playing him on Nov. 6th here at this game. But, I want to play game earlier :(. lol. i think i will build another character then and try to also find game earlier too :). Thanks everyone for your helps :) Be well :)

cmdisc
October 25th, 2015, 22:57
so, the Nov. 1st game is for higher sub-tier then and I only need to vote for and thus secure my spot for the Nov. 6th game? Ok. I think I've done then. Thanks. I will save Kami Hiromi and start playing him on Nov. 6th here at this game. But, I want to play game earlier :(. lol. i think i will build another character then and try to also find game earlier too :). Thanks everyone for your helps :) Be well :)

If you are looking for a game before the 6th and can manage the time, HoloGnome is running another session of The Confirmation during the week. So if there is room at that table still, you can post on that thread and submit Kami's xml file for a spot there.

mmoplayer79
October 26th, 2015, 01:02
yeah, i looked and seen but that game is on Wednesday, the 28th, at 3pm PST and I have appointment with my psycho therapist then :(. until i find a better way to self-sustainability, i keep freaking out the psychos ;P. lol. or else, i would. thanks ;)

Syaoran0503
October 27th, 2015, 00:53
Here are the xml and last chronicle for Lucian.

JWMK
October 27th, 2015, 04:58
Hey there! Still recovering from FG Con but would love to get another session in sometime soon, and this looks like the perfect opportunity. I would be interested in playing Karsh whom has leveled to 5 at a local PFS session since FG Con. Still waiting on some chronicle sheets, but can send you Hero Lab converted to FG in XML and most recent chronicle by the time the game roles around.

All the best!

JWMK

cmdisc
October 27th, 2015, 07:51
Welcome JWMK! :) Right now I am tracking a total of 15 people, including yourself, who have expressed interest (plus 1 more who has since dropped). What the final tables look like, we'll see soon here, but right now I'm tracking:

1 Nov Table (4-5)
xazil (Paladin 4)
Syaoran0503 (Wizard 3)
Wraithraider (Pregen 4, any is fine although arcane looks covered leaving any melee, ranged, or divine that you wish)
kwarner1986 (Sorcerer 5)
Victor (Hunter 3)
?

6 Nov Table (1-2)
Werd (hasn't voted or specified)
Hartha1858 (Rogue 1)
bigboom (Swashbuckler 1)
aerine (Alchemist 1)
Brainpolice (Magus 1)
jshauber (hasn't voted but can play just about anything 1)
mmoplayer79 (Rogue 1)

Alternates
ikemook (1 Nov) (Fighter 4)
Gargomaxthalus (6 Nov) (Bloodrager 1)
JWMK (1 Nov) (Fighter 5)

I will need one person from the 6 Nov table to either drop or move over to the 1 Nov table. Werd, I haven’t heard from you as far as voting on the calendar or submitting a character idea. If you’re interested in retaining a space at the 6 Nov table, please let me know. Jshauber, if no one is willing to move, I’m going to ask you to either move tables or resign your space as we have a lot of new people looking to play and you had offered to give up your spot if needed.

And if you haven't done so already, I need people to send me their character's XML file and latest Chronicle (if they have one). This will cement your spot at the table. I would like these 24+ hours before game time, the sooner the better.

The 3 alternates can send me their information as well. They will be slotted in, in order, and at their table of preference as space become available. Having alternates is not an issue with this. I will be retaining everyone's names who have expressed interest but were not able to make the time or get a space at a table. That way I can either offer this a 3rd time at some point in the future or pass those names along to another GM who is interested in running this.

If you plan to run a Pregen, please either download it from the FG thread that's stickied here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?16900-Files-Pregen-Player-Characters-(FG-format)...or build it out from the PDFs offered at Paizo. If you need help with any of that, send me a PM telling me which Pregen you are interested in.

bigboom
October 27th, 2015, 09:21
Unfortunately, I can't do Nov 1, so I'll stay signed up for Nov 6. However, if you decide to do a third session (at any subtier...doesn't matter to me) on Nov 7, 8, or possibly some other dates after that, I should be able to switch dates to free up space.

As for my swashbuckler's XML and chronicle for Nov 6, I'll post it after holognome's session this Wednesday...assuming my character survives! ;)

ikemook
October 27th, 2015, 18:24
I will post my data on Thursday. I have a game this Wednesday which will put my character at level 5.

--David

xazil
October 28th, 2015, 01:53
Here is Sheperd Mordel.

Victor
October 28th, 2015, 06:16
Here is Sheperd Mordel.
Oh jeezaloo, try to keep my owlbear's feathers out of your mouth!

Brainpolice
October 28th, 2015, 08:50
Here's the xml for Zanth Ironhardt, fresh character so no extra sheet.

cmdisc
October 28th, 2015, 09:32
I've got Zanth downloaded and will take a look at him when I have time. I've cropped the portrait for you so that it's square. Otherwise FG will stretch it out and make him look funny.

Wraithraider
October 28th, 2015, 11:13
I'd like to stick with the Arcanist pregen to play test as I'm thinking of rolling one.
If you think we are too Arcane heavy for Sunday I'll use the war priest to back up the melee and supplement heals.

cmdisc
October 28th, 2015, 17:59
I'd like to stick with the Arcanist pregen to play test as I'm thinking of rolling one.
If you think we are too Arcane heavy for Sunday I'll use the war priest to back up the melee and supplement heals.

Sure thing. You play whatever you're interested in trying. :)

And just a reminder to everyone that I have 5 people lined up for the 1 Nov (4-5) table with 2 Alternates and 7 people lined up for the 6 Nov (1-2) table with 1 Alternate. If anyone from the 1-2 Table is able to move over to the 4-5, let me know. You have first dibs at that spot. Otherwise I will be slotting the 1st Alternate to it.

bigboom
October 29th, 2015, 07:18
As for my swashbuckler's XML and chronicle for Nov 6, I'll post it after holognome's session this Wednesday...assuming my character survives! ;)

cmdisc, my character did indeed survive! :D Once the chronicle sheet is ready, I'll post up my character's details (swashbuckler 1) prior to the Nov 6 session. Or if you prefer, I can post my XML now and chronicle later once it's completed. If so, just let me know!

ikemook
October 29th, 2015, 20:53
Here's my character, Kurig Ostogson, for the alternate list.

kwarner1986
October 29th, 2015, 21:13
Portrait and XML to follow up soon. Hopefully tomorrow.

mmoplayer79
October 29th, 2015, 22:19
when you want all the files for my character for game on the 6th, cmdisk, please email me for this stuff? my email is [email protected], thanks. happy halloween.

Victor
October 30th, 2015, 06:23
when you want all the files for my character for game on the 6th, cmdisk, please email me for this stuff? my email is [email protected], thanks. happy halloween.

mmo, there is a way to attach your files here and many people do that, particularly if they do not have the email of the GM. To do so click the "Go Advanced" button for replying to the thread, then type in whatever message you want to normally send, then click the paper clip to attach files from your computer to the message.

cmdisc
October 30th, 2015, 11:01
Yes, as Victor said, you can attach your XMLs, Chronicles, and Portraits to your posting here by "Go Advanced" and then "Manage Attachments". If you still need help figuring it out, let me know.

Victor, I just need your Hunter's information (unless I missed it somewhere).

ikemook, you are my 1st alternate for the 1 Nov table. I have your information here. I have 5 spaces full with the 6th in reserve for anyone who chooses to move over from the other table. If no one does, then it's yours.

JWMK, you are my 2nd alternate. I'd like your character info just in case someone drops and a space opens up for you.

mmoplayer79
October 30th, 2015, 22:14
I am uncomfortable with the use of these forums for stuff, I am being presented issues when I try to do things I would otherwise find really simple. I already knew of posting attachments here, thank you, yet I find that even the simplest actions I attempt here are met with strife. Nevertheless, I try.
Here are all my character files -->

mmoplayer79
October 30th, 2015, 22:17
And, my PFS ID Card here --> 11547
I still feel more comfy with doing all this by email :(.

mmoplayer79
October 30th, 2015, 22:17
Oh, well :(

cmdisc
October 31st, 2015, 12:54
Kami seems to have come through just fine. So no worries there. You got it just right. :)

For the 1 Nov table, I still need Kyle's XML and Victor's Chronicle. As of right now no one has expressed interest in moving from the 6 Nov table. If this doesn't change by tomorrow morning, I will be calling it and giving the spot to ikemook.

JWMK, you can still send me your information in the event that someone has to drop.

I will have the server up an hour before start time. Keep in mind that some of you are experiencing DST this weekend, so make note of the time adjustment. 8pm GMT, 3pm EST, 9pm CET, 7am Monday Sydney (I think).

Wraithraider, as you are new to this and running a pregen, I would like for you to sign in early and meet me 30+ minutes before start time, so we can go over the basics. The earlier the better. I will make myself available an hour before when I put the server up.

Any questions, let me know.

aerine
October 31st, 2015, 17:46
I tried to upload something ,but it wasn't in a format allowed :(

kwarner1986
November 1st, 2015, 01:15
XML & Portrait

cmdisc
November 1st, 2015, 06:40
Ok, I have everyone's XMLs and Chronicles for the 1 Nov game. ikemook I am moving you into the final table spot since no one else before you has taken it. JWMK if you are still interested in being 1st Alternate, please send me your character information.

As mentioned I will have the server up an hour before start time. Please arrive on time so we can get through any technical issues and get going. Wraithraider, I haven't heard from you, but I'd like you to arrive 30-60 minutes early so we can go over the basics and maybe put you through a quick practice-combat.

I tried to upload something ,but it wasn't in a format allowed :(

What type of file were you attempting to upload? .jpg, .png, .xml, and .pdf should all work.

Victor
November 1st, 2015, 07:37
Hey Folks,
Just a reminder because this always seems to come up. :)
The clocks change tonight, but not for everyone.
Please be sure to arrive on time, check early tomorrow on the game time if you are unsure if the time moved for you. I will. Thanks :)

cmdisc
November 1st, 2015, 07:39
Thanks for the reminder, Victor. :)

ikemook
November 1st, 2015, 17:46
Thanks. I'll see you at the game.

Quick question: Would it be possible to do a retrain on one of my characters feats? Before or after the game is fine with me, but I need it added to the Chronicle and approved by a GM. I can send or post details if you want, and a screen capture of the Ultimate Campaign cover to prove I have the materials. It's just one feat, and I have the resources for it.

If it's not possible, no problem! I can try doing it at a future session.

--David

Wraithraider
November 1st, 2015, 18:46
I will be on shortly after 2 for the tutorial session. Apologies for not staying in touch better. I am not getting updates for new posts or messages and such on the forums consistently.

cmdisc
November 1st, 2015, 18:59
ikemook, yes you can do a retrain before we get started. When you sign in and change it, just make note of it on your character's NOTES tab so I have it for reference.

Wraithraider, that is fine.

Server is up now.

cmdisc
November 1st, 2015, 19:14
Looks like the alias isn't working properly. Find me in TeamSpeak and I will pass along my ip address for direct connection.

Victor
November 1st, 2015, 21:34
Thanks for the reminder, Victor. :)

useless tho it was, what with my settings set correctly to automatically adjust to DST, then not doing it. Checked when I got up and everything looked fine, but it really wasn't. I got to the game almost an hour late with no time to set up my guy.
Thanks FG Settings :(

kwarner1986
November 2nd, 2015, 02:57
Fun Times with Evelyn Blinding Everything. She's getting a lot more fun to play since she has more spells than Mage Armor & Magic Missile. Iceball in 2 XP.

Pre-Chronicle Attached, Sorry Mr. GM, she has a lot of equipment bought and sold. She was my first character, so I need to clean her up a bit. Thanks for running.

cmdisc
November 2nd, 2015, 17:31
First table Chronicles are ready. If you see any errors or need anything changed, let me know and I'll update and reattach them here.

cmdisc
November 2nd, 2015, 17:32
And these.

cmdisc
November 2nd, 2015, 17:39
For the 6 Nov table, I have XMLs currently from Werd, Brainpolice, and mmoplayer79. Gargomaxthalus is my 1st alternate, JWMK is my 2nd if he can make that time, and jshauber is my 3rd.

I would like all XMLs (and Chronicles if possible) by Thursday. If you are an Alternate, I will still take your information in the event that someone has to drop last minute and a spot opens up for you.

If anyone has any questions, let me know.

kwarner1986
November 3rd, 2015, 02:08
Looks good, thanks.

Victor
November 3rd, 2015, 03:55
Yep, looks good. Thanks for running and the salient comment as I was fumbling about that relieved my funk and made me focus on the game and running 2 guys at once. It deserves immortalization.
"Victor, you are doing an amazing job of masking your competence at this game."

:) Always a pleasure.

cmdisc
November 3rd, 2015, 06:41

Running 2 characters at the same time can be more than twice as hard as 1. Plus you were trying to get those minor fixes done on the character sheets all while keeping pace with what was going on. So lots to juggle there.

Besides, I'm all about the positive spin. :)

Victor
November 3rd, 2015, 07:45
Yea I suddenly realized posting your comments may make those with no Irony, Sarcasm, self-effacing Dark Humour bit get the wrong impression.
Then I thought..Screw those guys anyhow! :)

Syaoran0503
November 3rd, 2015, 10:46
Everything looks good with my chronicle. Thanks again cm for an enjoyable game. Look forward to your game you plan to run in the future.

bigboom
November 3rd, 2015, 11:05

I laughed out loud when I read this. Is it a bad sign when, after reading the quote, I think to myself, "I wanna group up with that guy!!" ???

cmdisc, attached is my swashbuckler's XML, last chronicle, and portrait. I think with this, I'm good to go!

cmdisc
November 4th, 2015, 08:44
Everything is coming together so far for Friday's game. I have 4 XMLs. If you haven't posted yours yet, please do so soon. aerine, I know you mentioned having technical issues with yours. Let me know if you need any help there.

The Alternates for this are Gargomaxthalus, JWMK, and jshauber in that order. Go ahead and get me your XMLs just in case and stay posted as we approach gametime for any last minute drops or no-shows at the table.

Hartha1858
November 5th, 2015, 08:18

Gargomaxthalus
November 5th, 2015, 12:55
Here is my XML and Chronical for my Lvl 1 hunter.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/n0htoew098b1rxz/AAC_9nPUos-T_B6NChgi88Zya?dl=0

aerine
November 5th, 2015, 16:45
please let me know if it fails...

cmdisc
November 5th, 2015, 18:36
aerine, it looks like there's an issue with the way the xml file was exported from Herolabs.

Here is a link to a tutorial on youtube that might help with how to export it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sXnQpA2j6Y

I don't have Herolabs, so I'm not sure what pointers to offer, but maybe someone else might be able to suggest something if the video doesn't help.

Hartha1858
November 5th, 2015, 18:48
Trying to connect but it says that the server address is wrong.

Hartha1858
November 5th, 2015, 18:51
Nevermind. I had a brain fart. Just looked at the damn calendar and it is Thursday not Friday. I get confused because I work Overnights.

cmdisc
November 5th, 2015, 19:43
Nevermind. I had a brain fart. Just looked at the damn calendar and it is Thursday not Friday. I get confused because I work Overnights.

A good friend of mine works overnights too. He never knows what day it is. heh :)

But now that we have DST behind us, just to be sure everyone is on the same page; Friday 6 Nov at 7pm GMT. Make sure that jives with what the calendar is telling you. Last week we had 2 near misses because of the DST change.

aerine
November 5th, 2015, 19:47
If this doesn't work, I give up :)

cmdisc
November 5th, 2015, 22:16
Unfortunately it will not upload to Fantasy Grounds. When I open it, I see there are lines at the beginning that talk about HeroLab information. This is different than other xml files. Hopefully someone who knows about how to export this into a file that FG reads can help.

In the meantime, if you have the standard license for Fantasy Grounds, I would suggest "Create New Campaign" with the PFRPG ruleset , call it whatever you want, and then build your character within FG. That's how I do it anyway. But if that's not an option, perhaps someone can offer some assistance beyond the video I linked. :(

cmdisc
November 5th, 2015, 22:18
Also, it looks like FG has an update; v3.1.3 So keep that in mind before logging in.

I will have the server up an hour before game time. If you wish to go over the basics or have a quick practice combat run at a 200hpt orc punching bag, sign in early and I'll help you with that.

aerine
November 5th, 2015, 23:20
I have already created the character in FG, but I don't know where to export that. You won't have to type everything in at the start I promise. I can come early if you want to tweak anything. I understand if you need to replace me though. I did watch the video and I did what it said to do, so... I'm sort of stuck on the .xml idea.

Aerine

bigboom
November 6th, 2015, 02:09
Aerine, if you're trying to export a character from hero lab, perhaps I can help. What steps did you take to create the xml you've posted above? It appears to be a hero labs-specific xml rather than one formatted for FG.

If you've already got your character in FG and trying to figure out how to export to xml, just go to the character selection screen, click the red button at the bottom with the white slash, then click the blue/white down arrow on the character you want to export. A save file dialogue box should pop up where you can save the FG xml wherever you like.

bigboom
November 6th, 2015, 02:25
Aerine, at a high level, the steps needed to create the FG XML from Hero Labs are:
1) In hero labs, under File, run "save custom output" and select Fantasy Grounds. This will create a .hlfg file
2) Then go to the FG Character Converter and run that program on the .hlfg file. For input, select PFRPG and select the .hlfg file. For output, tick the XML box and specify an output location (Note: Do NOT change the .hlfg file name to .xml)
3) Click convert

And that's it, the FG xml should be in whichever folder you specified!

At this point, I'd suggest importing the newly created FG xml into your FG locally to make sure it works okay. You can also verify your stats, equipment, etc. to make sure it's all good. Personally, I find that sometimes racial abilities or feats aren't listed after this conversion process, in which case I manually add them in via FG. I'll also add spell effects for some feats/abilities in FG. After that, I'll export my manually updated character from FG into an XML file, then post that newly exported XML file up here for the GM.

bigboom
November 6th, 2015, 02:29
cmdisc, Aerine, I took a look at the XML that Aerine posted and I think I've got it figured out. It looks like that XML is the .hlfg created from hero labs and the file extension was then changed to .xml. I changed it back to .hlfg and ran it through the character converter. The result is a XML I was able to import into FG locally on my computer.

cmdisc, take a look at the attached and see if you can import that info FG. It worked for me, so I figure it should work for you too!

aerine
November 6th, 2015, 02:53
OMG Thank you so much!

cmdisc
November 6th, 2015, 07:26
Kaw is loading just fine now. Thanks for the assist there, bigboom! :)

aerine, when you connect in before the game, we can go over either the converting from Herolabs or the exporting/posting of FG-built files to make sure you're good with either setup.

And again, anyone that might need time to review the basics and/or try a mock combat, I will have the server up and be available an hour beforehand.

bigboom
November 6th, 2015, 08:24
No problem, see you soon... online, of course!

cmdisc
November 6th, 2015, 13:16
It looks like Werd has to drop. So the table right now is:

Hartha1858, Rogue 1
bigboom, Swashbuckler 1
aerine, Alchemist 1
Brainpolice, Magus 1
mmoplayer79, Rogue 1
Gargomaxthalus, Hunter 1

JWMK and jshauber are Alternates in case there are any more issues. I'll be putting the server up in about 4.5 hours.

jshauber
November 6th, 2015, 13:51
I have been travelling all week, but keeping an eye on the thread. If you need me, email me directly, you should have my email and I can jump in. XML for my cleric is all set up.

Hartha1858
November 6th, 2015, 14:27
I am going to have to drop. I have to work tonight and the session takes place smack dab in the middle of my sleep time. I will just have to keep an eye open for other sessions that take place on my days off.

cmdisc
November 6th, 2015, 16:17
I am going to have to drop. I have to work tonight and the session takes place smack dab in the middle of my sleep time. I will just have to keep an eye open for other sessions that take place on my days off.

Ah yeah, I understand how that works. When is generally best for you for game times?

cmdisc
November 6th, 2015, 16:20
I have been travelling all week, but keeping an eye on the thread. If you need me, email me directly, you should have my email and I can jump in. XML for my cleric is all set up.

With Hartha having to drop, you have the last spot. I've emailed you. Just make sure to get me your cleric as soon as you're able.

JWMK
November 6th, 2015, 17:35
I don't think I will be able to jump in - Gotta get ready for a big trip today... Looking forward to same adverntures when I am back later this month!

cmdisc
November 6th, 2015, 18:04
Will catch you the next time around, JWMK. :)

Server is up.

Sibia
November 6th, 2015, 19:00
yeah a bit new to this for sure. put it on the calendar and decided to check your profile and found it. lol. oh well missed it darn lol.

cmdisc
November 9th, 2015, 09:00
Sorry you missed this one, Sibia. But we'll catch you the next time around. There are plenty of different games being offered, so you shouldn't have too much trouble finding something that works.

See you around the boards! :)

cmdisc
November 9th, 2015, 09:03
Here are the latest batch of Chronicles. Alex, I didn't hear back from you yet, but I went ahead and posted. If you need anything changed please let me know.

bigboom, as you haven't played this PC at 2nd, you are still "technically" 1st level and enjoy selling your armor back at full price. Not a huge gold difference, but anything in your favor is a good thing. :)

bigboom
November 9th, 2015, 11:16
bigboom, as you haven't played this PC at 2nd, you are still "technically" 1st level and enjoy selling your armor back at full price. Not a huge gold difference, but anything in your favor is a good thing. :)

Awesome! Thanks cmdisc!

aerine
November 9th, 2015, 16:59
Thank you! I'm officially a character now!

cmdisc
November 9th, 2015, 17:30
Thank you! I'm officially a character now!

You might not want to go around admitting to people that you're a character. ;)

This world has enough of those already (and no, I'm not talking about either of you, Victor or Farnaby.....mostly). :p