PDA

View Full Version : Mundane Equipment Library

Ken L
October 21st, 2015, 01:00
<removed>

Ken L
October 22nd, 2015, 16:52
Updated to a formal 1.0, now contains all mundane items under the sun, as well as all listed magic items current to date.

This goes perfect with item identification being on. Add some mystery to your parcels without the pain.
Update 1.0: More is Better!
https://i.imgur.com/knV0C2s.jpg

damned
October 23rd, 2015, 00:48
Well done Ken L - you are on a bit of a roll :)

darrenan
October 23rd, 2015, 04:49
Dragging weapons from your module into a character's inventory does not automatically create a weapon entry on the actions tab like several of the other modules do. It might be that "weapon" in the type field is not capitalized?

darrenan
October 23rd, 2015, 04:55
Would also be nice if the weapon sections were sorted in the same order as the web site/rulebook. Although with a search box, that's not as important, assuming you know what you're looking for.

Ken L
October 23rd, 2015, 10:19
Update 1.02 unicode + weapon fixes
Changed: Damage types are now unified, information such as (B or S) or (B and S) has been removed in favor of simple CSV. Reason: I'd assume that the most effective damage type is used for auto-damage calculations.
Fixed: Weapons should now drag-drop (by changing case to upper)'
Fixed: Stripped all unicode as it made interesting problems, sometimes d20pfsrd had graves rather than apostrophes, same with left-apostrophes and right-apostrophes as well as other odd, unexpected constructs

Would also be nice if the weapon sections were sorted in the same order as the web site/rulebook. Although with a search box, that's not as important, assuming you know what you're looking for.
The sorting is automated by alphabetical order of the item title type (books before containers etc..). I'm not fond of hand-editing anything as I automate wherever possible. Doing things by hand is 19th century for me, especially large data-sets (hello yahoo). I could have sort options for each major item category, but that would essentially be using a context sort. The way I have structured my data heap at the end doesn't preserve the page-load order (up->down) for the read in items. For now, I'll probably leave it as is. As a bonus, I cheated for weapons by sorting in reverse so it kinda looks like the normal page order, but only for the weapons page.

kuthulu
October 23rd, 2015, 14:46
Awesome job Ken L!

darrenan
October 23rd, 2015, 18:25
Update 1.02 unicode + weapon fixes
Changed: Damage types are now unified, information such as (B or S) or (B and S) has been removed in favor of simple CSV. Reason: I'd assume that the most effective damage type is used for auto-damage calculations.

You should actually make sure (I'm at work, not at home, so I can't verify whether this is working or not) that the damage types end up being "bludgeoning", "slashing", or "piercing", particularly after they are auto-populated in the actions tab. These are the actual damage types recognized by the ruleset for the purposes of bypassing DR. And make them comma-separated (looks like you did that part already) which is the form FG expects them in.

Ken L
October 24th, 2015, 21:44
It does.

darrenan
November 7th, 2015, 05:45
Noticed one more thing, all your armor entries have positive numbers for armor check penalty instead of negative.

Ken L
November 28th, 2015, 20:56
Noticed one more thing, all your armor entries have positive numbers for armor check penalty instead of negative.

I'll look at it when I get the chance. I wasn't sure how the ruleset did any of its auto-population. I've been pre-occupied with a family medical emergency so I haven't been keeping up on any of my side projects.

Let me know if there are other issues so I can do a bulk patch as opposed to piece-mealing these tiny fixes.

Here's a list of known issues I won't address:

1.) Magic Item not using the Magic item template: The magic item template's main difference from the standard equipment template is the caster level attribute as well as aura if I recall correctly. Given the variety of parsing that needs to be performed already, I'd rather not raise the error rate by attempting to ply out more specific datum.

2.) Match the layout order of d20pfsrd: The displayed order is alphabetical based on item category title (simple weapons, exotic weapons etc..) and within, by item name. Given the way I organize my heaps after data collection, I do not preserve page read order of the items so this information is lost. I could re-arrange this to attempt to preserve order but frankly I don't see it as of terrible importance so I probably won't address this until the next time I run a full re-scan.

3.) Correction of oddball equipment entries: Given the nature of d20pfsrd, the equipment format varies in some strange instances since the editors have varying styles. I've accommodated for this, but at times there are simply typos and errant entries which I cannot contextually isolate. These entries are pretty rare, perhaps 10 or so in total so I don't dwell on parsing their particulars.

Known Issues that will be addressed in a future version:

Some items have 'source unknown' despite somewhere in their description denoting their source. I'll address this later as I developed a template searching paradigm from my spell parser.

If Item X is on d20pfsrd from some new fluff material and it's not here yet, I'll update it after a week or so. I'll release an update every book or so as it populates into d20pfsrd as It's a simple scrape operation. If it takes more than a month, drop me a line so I can run a fresh scrape as I likely forgot.

Ken L
January 18th, 2016, 01:39
Update 1.03 ACP
Fixed: ACP is now negative

Ken L
September 24th, 2016, 01:42
Did another fresh scrape, it was about time:

Update 1.1 More Equipment
Added: More equipment from fluff as well as a number from Ultimate Intrigue

See the main post for the updated download link.

Note that the 'bo-staff' is missing as it's not clearly defined in the weapons section on d20pfsrd, caused a flag from my script to pop up.

There is also a strange new category of weapons called 'Advanced Shadowcraft Weapons' which are not parsed. I'll get to that eventually.

kelth04
September 26th, 2016, 13:49
Hi, I can't access to the updated download link. I don't know if the problem is only mine or if there are others with the same one. Thx for help.

damned
September 26th, 2016, 13:55
Hi, I can't access to the updated download link. I don't know if the problem is only mine or if there are others with the same one. Thx for help.

Hi kelth04 you will need to wait a little there is some ongoing maintenance - it might be an hour or three or a day or two :)

ddavison
September 26th, 2016, 17:05

We temporarily tightened things down yesterday as we were dealing with server issues. I have re-enabled downloads for attachments. Please try again now and let me know if you still have any issues.

Thanks,

-Doug

kelth04
September 27th, 2016, 14:10
I've downloaded without any problems. It's ok. Thx for module and for resolving the issue.

madman
September 4th, 2017, 18:05
@Ken L
Let me start by saying this module is one of the most used things I have! Love it! Thank you for keeping up with it...

I have to ask if you have plans to add an ALL to it. When I am looking for A magic item I am not familiar with, I can never seem to find it without opening up three or four windows to get to the spot I need to plug in the name to find it.

I noticed that you added it to your spells module some time ago. (great help with search Fu).
Thanks again

Madman

Ken L
September 4th, 2017, 23:46
I have no immediate plan to, not to mention the all-list would freeze FG for a few seconds as it struggles to load everything (similar to the all-spells index).

I don't run PF on FG for much outside of a rolling-one-shot group at the moment so it's not currently on my docket. I may do it when I next update the item library. D20pfsrd however has changed around their templates so It broke a few of my x-paths which is annoying so that's also a delaying factor.

madman
September 5th, 2017, 07:16
Well I shall hope for the best...
Thanks
Madman

DrTank09
December 23rd, 2018, 08:24
Did something happen to this?

Bidmaron
December 23rd, 2018, 11:48
Ken got upset about a policy SW hasn't used that gives them the right to pull community content if they come out with an official product. It appears that he pulled all of his stuff in a (kind of childish) way. This after MW went out of his way to program into the base game several specific requests that Ken had made. Unfortunate, as Ken's material and extensions are popular and great....

damned
December 25th, 2018, 23:58
If anyone has a copy of this can they please upload here including any accompanying license notices.

madman
December 26th, 2018, 04:40
Here you go!

damned
December 26th, 2018, 07:16
Thankyou - Ill update the first post once I upload it.

damned
January 2nd, 2019, 05:13
This module is no longer available for distribution - closing this thread.