PDA

View Full Version : Oone's Add on not installing

Graylock
October 18th, 2015, 15:03
I recently purchased several add-on's and when updating FG most of them showed up in my modules/token folders except for the 2 Oone's items I purchased. I'm sure there's an easy fix to this but I'm not sure what it is. Anybody have some advice that can help. Thanks much!

Zacchaeus
October 18th, 2015, 15:10
Since you are running on a mac I assume that you bought the modules via the FG store and not from Steam. If not then that is your problem since I believe the Steam modules are not compatible or some such. An email to FG support should sort out your problem.

Trenloe
October 18th, 2015, 15:18
I recently purchased several add-on's and when updating FG most of them showed up in my modules/token folders except for the 2 Oone's items I purchased. I'm sure there's an easy fix to this but I'm not sure what it is. Anybody have some advice that can help. Thanks much!
Wht did you buy? More recent items won't show up in the directories. It will be installed in the encrypted content vault, so won't be obvious. Start up a campaign of the correct ruleset type and see if the modules are available for activation.

Graylock
October 20th, 2015, 02:04
I purchased 0one's colorprints #1 and #7 through the FG store. I don't have a clue about the encrypted content vault or why a purchase would be hidden and not obvious to me. Loaded several campaigns and don't see any of the 0one's stuff anywhere. What is the full email address for FG support?

Thanks

Trenloe
October 20th, 2015, 02:40
I purchased 0one's colorprints #1 and #7 through the FG store.
Assuming these are the same as #9 Woodland Glades, as these have been available for a few years now you will have received a link to download an installation file. They aren't in the update system. If you bought these on the FG Store, go to the "Store" page and click "Order History" in the top right and then click on the date of the order. Within the order there will be a download link. Download and run the installation. This will create the module files - something like OGCOL01FG2.mod and OGCOL07FG2.mod. It might install them to the old "Fantasy Grounds II" location - you might have to manually copy them from <username>\appdata\roaming\Fantasy Grounds II\modules to <username>\appdata\roaming\Fantasy Grounds\modules

damned
October 20th, 2015, 02:51
Have you got your settings setup correctly?

https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/settings.gif

Trenloe
October 20th, 2015, 02:56
@damned I don't think these are in the update system, they need to be installed manually.

ddavison
October 20th, 2015, 14:55
I was going to say something about posting a screenshot of your Settings with your key displayed... but then I read your key. For others, though, do please be careful about posting screenshots so that they don't show your key.

You can email support by emailing [email protected]. The link is displayed in your launch screen for Fantasy Grounds under Send e-mail to Fantasy Grounds support.

Zacchaeus
October 20th, 2015, 16:28
Aright damned I need to know how you got that need little animation thingie in that post above please.

Mellock
October 20th, 2015, 19:19
You do not know the pleasures of the gif? *falls to knees and cries out to the heavens: "noooooo"* Get thee to a google search for kitten gifs!
https://media.giphy.com/media/12ELmx0C4EFKcE/giphy.gif Look at it!!

Mellock
October 20th, 2015, 19:21
Woops, double post

Zacchaeus
October 21st, 2015, 15:14
Hah! More of a dog person me :)

damned
October 22nd, 2015, 02:27
Aright damned I need to know how you got that need little animation thingie in that post above please.

Yep - just an animated gif. I used GiMP but many graphics programs can output layers as animated gifs.

Graylock
October 25th, 2015, 20:52
Download and run the installation. This will create the module files - something like OGCOL01FG2.mod and OGCOL07FG2.mod. It might install them to the old "Fantasy Grounds II" location - you might have to manually copy them from <username>\appdata\roaming\Fantasy Grounds II\modules to <username>\appdata\roaming\Fantasy Grounds\modules

Sorry for the delay, been outta town.
Anyway, I downloaded the two products from my order history but since they are .exe files I can't run them to install on my Mac. I suppose I could do this somehow through wineskin, but I would have to figure all that out to do so. It seems like it should install from the FG store. I was advised not to install from Steam, but it seems that installing through FG store has its own set of problems on a Mac. I should note that these 2 0one's are the only items I've purchased that didn't install when updating. 0one's has a lot of products. It seems like they should find a way to get them to install with the FG updates.

Thanks again for all the help

ddavison
October 25th, 2015, 21:08
Hey Graylock,

Send me the product IDs you don't see downloaded with the update to [email protected] and I will get these loaded into the patch system so you won't have to use the EXE.

-Doug

Graylock
October 25th, 2015, 21:19
Hi Doug. I sure will, thanks. I've managed to run the exe through wineskin to install but can't find where the damn things are installed! I don't have a Fantasy Grounds 2 folder. I like your solution better! Cheers

Graylock
October 25th, 2015, 21:20
And when you say IDs, do you want me to send you the entire exe file, or just the file names?

ddavison
October 25th, 2015, 21:45
OGCOL01FG2 through OGCOL09FG2 have all been added to our patch system. You can now install by entering your username and password into your Settings window on Mac, Linux or PC.

-Doug