PDA

View Full Version : Actions from a Table

ArteF
October 17th, 2015, 21:26
Is it possible to set an action to use the table when a player uses the action?

Like automatically casting from the wild magic table?

Moon Wizard
October 17th, 2015, 23:27
No, but you could drag the table roll to a hot key to be able to quickly use when needed.

Regards,
JPG

whiteTiki
October 17th, 2015, 23:38
I tried to do the same thing for the Sorcerers Wild Magic table with no success. There's a thread about it in forums. The best way to solve the issue it's definitely what Moon Wizard said

ArteF
October 18th, 2015, 00:09
Yea that's what I ended up doing.

I'm also trying to figure out a way to make it do a str saving throw automatically at the start of every turn but can't figure it out. Oh well.

kylania
October 18th, 2015, 00:17
Maybe just put an effect on the player saying str check and display effects on so that it'll remind you to roll it each round? Seems excessive to try to automate something that specific perhaps?

Zacchaeus
October 18th, 2015, 13:30
Yea that's what I ended up doing.

I'm also trying to figure out a way to make it do a str saving throw automatically at the start of every turn but can't figure it out. Oh well.

There isn't a way to do this automatically. The solution is as Kylania says; put an effect on as a reminder that the player needs to make the saving throw.

ffujita
October 23rd, 2015, 02:45
Edit: Just saw the "Unconsious" effect workaround.

Will this get fixed in the 3.1.3? -- I'm thinking specifically about the Wizard spell Tasha's Uncontrollable Hideous Laughter. Assuming no, you should be able to double click on a stat on an NPC sheet to roll the saving throw. (and remember, I'm not that experienced, so maybe you really can do all this, and I just don't know about it.

Moon Wizard
October 23rd, 2015, 05:39
I believe there's a circled S button next to each ability score in the NPC detail sheet to roll saving throws.

Also, I believe you can hold Shift key and double click the ability in the Abilities subsection for that creature in the combat tracker.

Regards,
JPG

Zacchaeus
October 23rd, 2015, 13:30
Will this get fixed in the 3.1.3? -- I'm thinking specifically about the Wizard spell Tasha's Uncontrollable Hideous Laughter. Assuming no, you should be able to double click on a stat on an NPC sheet to roll the saving throw. (and remember, I'm not that experienced, so maybe you really can do all this, and I just don't know about it.

There isn't anything to 'fix' at the moment.

Effects come into play when a target is either making an attack or damage roll, or when they want to make a saving throw, ability check or death saving throw or when something is doing those things to them. In the case of Tasha's hideous laughter the target can make a save at the end of it's turn and if it takes damage. At this time FG doesn't check for effects at the end of each turn. It will look to see if an effect might end or in the special cases of REGEN and DMGO will regenerate or cause ongoing damage to be taken.

Also currently you can't test for a condition such as IF: (target has Tasaha's hideous laughter on them) then do something.

In 3.1.3 the effects for Tasha's Hideous Laughter are set up as shown in the screen shot and you can duplicate this on the current version manually. As you can see the saving throw is set up as a cast and whenever the victim is required to make a save the caster will drag the cast button onto them. If the victim gets advantage then they (i.e. the victim) need to press the ADV button before the cast is done.