PDA

View Full Version : Feature Request: Better text and keyboard editing support

msd
January 24th, 2005, 15:44
This is hardly a backbreaker, but it is something that I have found mildly annoying.

Is there a way we can get better support for standard text-editing keyboard and mouse functionality?

As a specific for instance:

I routinely find myself trying to do a ctrl+shift+[left|right] arrow in order to select a word to either correct spelling, apply some formatting, etc. I am always dismayed to find the support not there (note that this is especially troublesome in the middle of the game when you are typing as a NPC, make a mistake, want to correct it)

Similarly, I'm one of those people who routinely use the double mouse click to select the word, triple to select the paragraph. That's also not there.

In short, there is a lot of standard text editing keyboard and mouse functionality that doesnt seem to be there that would make using the interface from the DM's perspective a bit easier.

Again, this is not absolutely critical, but is something that might slightly improve usability.

Just a thought.

Thanks,
Matt

WolfStar76
January 24th, 2005, 16:00
I haven't created a module of my own yet, but I use many of these standardized shortcuts as well, and can easily see where not having these would be a hidnerance.

I'll second the request for this support. :)

Delekahn
January 24th, 2005, 16:36
A couple keyboard related issues (IMO) I have noticed:

1. I like to use the numeric keypad. Please add a option to allow it's use.

2. When I type a two digit number on the charatcer sheet, you have to be quick. Many times now, I have typed one digit, then the other, only to see just my second number in the box. I then have to click the box again and quick type my numer. Not difficuly, but annoying when one hand is on the mouse and the number is say 19 (and I cant use the numeric keypad). Seriously, in the short time it takes to type 19, the sheet thinks I just want the one digit.

3. With the ammount of typing involved. Some small autocorrect program would be useful.

Thanks,
Delekahn

msd
January 24th, 2005, 18:07
1. I like to use the numeric keypad. Please add a option to allow it's use.

This is actually by design. See this (https://forums.fantasygrounds.com/viewtopic.php?t=35) thread (had the same issue myself :D).

2. When I type a two digit number on the charatcer sheet, you have to be quick. Many times now, I have typed one digit, then the other, only to see just my second number in the box. I then have to click the box again and quick type my numer. Not difficuly, but annoying when one hand is on the mouse and the number is say 19 (and I cant use the numeric keypad). Seriously, in the short time it takes to type 19, the sheet thinks I just want the one digit.

I've seen this as well.

3. With the ammount of typing involved. Some small autocorrect program would be useful.

Again, I agree. This (https://forums.fantasygrounds.com/viewtopic.php?t=163) thread might be of use.

Hope some of that helps!

Matt

Elric
January 24th, 2005, 19:23
I definitely wish there was a way to copy and paste from my Word based Module template directly into FG instead of having to edit the XML directly using Dreamweaver. :D

Ilwan
January 24th, 2005, 20:03
also my players miss text editing when they are offline. The notebook is missing and they canīt copy/paste their background story from another app. when we are online.

Delekahn
January 24th, 2005, 20:14
msd,
Thanks for the links, but I have read them. I was just throwing my opinion in the pile. :D

Thanks!
Delekahn

Legacy
January 24th, 2005, 20:15
I add my vote on this!

BTS