PDA

View Full Version : Out of the Abyss LF Players

briar8990
October 16th, 2015, 17:29
WHAT: Out of the Abyss
WHEN: Sunday nights 7-11ish CST
WHY: The last few games I have played have been rough mostly due to inexperienced players/DMs. I am looking for some experience players looking for a fun group.

Experience: Experienced DM relatively new to Fantasy Grounds. I have DMed and played 4e and 5e

How I roll: I enjoy both roleplay and combat. I run my games 50/50. That being said, this is the Underdark. I will do my best to keep the balance, but it may creep to 60/40 depending on players actions.
More how I roll: If you want to do something. Go for it. This is DnD. Imagination is the limit. I will work with the players so they can achieve the character they want.
Even more rolling: With the above being said - I will pretty much will run OotA right from the book. If you do stupid things, you will die
Rolling etc. : Don't metagame if you've read it. You may use standard array or point buy. You start this adventure at level 1 with no equipment. I also allow EE companion material.

How to get invited: Post below with a little about yourself and your experience with DnD. Sorry newbies, but I am looking for people who already know what they are doing.

Zacchaeus
October 16th, 2015, 17:49
You might want to say what timezone you are in. :)

briar8990
October 16th, 2015, 17:55
You might want to say what timezone you are in. :)

Yes, Yes I do. Thank goodness for Time Magic.

keeperofsouls
October 16th, 2015, 20:59
Sunday night game would be awesome and I am looking to play this adventure before I run it myself. I been playing 5th for 8months now and I love it. Been playing Dnd off and on for over 12 years now. I have played pretty much everything tho I would like to play a monk sometime. Will play anything for the group. I tend to like more complicated classes.

briar8990
October 16th, 2015, 21:25
Sunday night game would be awesome and I am looking to play this adventure before I run it myself. I been playing 5th for 8months now and I love it. Been playing Dnd off and on for over 12 years now. I have played pretty much everything tho I would like to play a monk sometime. Will play anything for the group. I tend to like more complicated classes.

Nothing complicated about Monk!

Sent an invite to the game calendar

Fenris4024
October 16th, 2015, 21:44
I'm in Briar... Probably looking at a Dwarven rogue or ranger or a bard.

Bubba_Nosferatu
October 17th, 2015, 00:09
I'm new to FG, but been playing/DMing DnD since early eighties.. Damn, that made me feel old to type that.

I'd like to get in on this game if you still have room.

Probably Human Paladin or Gish of some sort.

Vladlock
October 18th, 2015, 01:49
would love to get in on this, i have been playing since the mid 80's also, relatively new to the FG system but I'm learning quickly. I can do just about any class.

damned
October 18th, 2015, 02:07
Welcome to all the new(ish) people posting in this thread!

Fenris4024
October 18th, 2015, 20:58
Thanks for the welcome! Nice to find a group pretty fast! I tried looking for games in Roll 20, but it was hard to find a game it seemed.

Bubba_Nosferatu
October 18th, 2015, 21:11
I'm really looking forward to playing a 5e FG game, I'd really like to get into a long term group.

xwillfx
October 21st, 2015, 03:55
I would love to play. I have signed up on the calander. I hope there is still room. I can commit to every Sunday. I will play any class or race as needed as well. Let me know.

Fenris4024
October 21st, 2015, 21:57
Good to see all this interest! I hope there are still some slots open, cause ti sounds like there are some potentially GREAT players here...

Gertak
October 23rd, 2015, 16:39
Based on the calendar it looks like your game is full but if a spot does open I would be interested in joining. I applied on the calendar just so you have my name in case a spot does open.

A bit about me, I've been playing D&D for about 20 years now, I started with 2nd edition. I've been playing on FG for about 3 years and have played one game of 5e during playtest and into release to level 11 before the GM decided to call the game. I'm also currently in a Tuesday weekly game and a Sunday bi-weekly game (ends at 3pm pst).

BluePearl
October 24th, 2015, 06:30
Hi
I'm Interested. I play D&D 5e about five+ games a week with at least two being on FG.
I'm a friendly,calm player, a bit of a dice roller but definitely enjoy the role playing.

damned
October 24th, 2015, 06:59
Hey BluePearl! Is it time to try out your talents on the other side of the table too? Go on...!

BluePearl
October 24th, 2015, 09:04
Hey BluePearl! Is it time to try out your talents on the other side of the table too? Go on...!

I don't know FG well enough yet to do that. I have DM'd a couple of AL games in store.

damned
October 24th, 2015, 10:07
I don't know FG well enough yet to do that. I have DM'd a couple of AL games in store.

Good stuff. Its not a big step up or change to doing via Fantasy Grounds. And doing an AL one shot would be a great starting point.
Just something to think about.... :)

DMHERETIC
October 25th, 2015, 22:06
Just wanted to see if there is a game tonight? If so what time and will we be using Skype of something like that?

Bubba_Nosferatu
November 2nd, 2015, 00:02
I think we are. Which 6pm time zone?

Fenris4024
November 5th, 2015, 19:06
I don't know what happened, but has anyone heard anything from Briar? At this point, I'm just curious.

I am assuming that the game is dead (at least for now). Seemed to be a great group, and the time frame was perfect for me. If anyone decides to run something in this time frame, please, send me a PM, as I'd REALLY like to play in a weekly game.

damned
November 6th, 2015, 12:05
Sunday nights are typically very good for me to game. I've yet to GM on FG and am considering it if Ryan doesn't show up soon. I need to do a fair amount of reading and watch the videos before I can do a respectable job. In the meantime, if anyone else starts a game in this slot, very happy to play.

aflevine if you have a good group going here and you are even mildly interested in doing the GM thing discuss it with the players - let them know it will be a bit bumpy as you get the hang of things. Let them know if you are finding it too stressful, too hard, not fun etc that you will have to stop, and you might find they are willing to give it a go.

briar8990 might have something else happening that has over taken him or one of those things above might have happened and he doesnt know how to break it to you all... if you keep the group going he might be back in a few weeks and you can swap back or even take turns.

3 of my group have now taken turns GMing - in fact all 3 are currently running campaigns (5e, StarWars and Castles&Crusades) and Im (only) a player which is great all round.

Vladlock
November 6th, 2015, 12:35
I am willing to keep gaming in this time slot. And I will support your DMing as best I can with the grand total of 4-ish games worth of experience I have on FG hehe. Did you want to try something this Sunday or give it a week?

Fenris4024
November 6th, 2015, 17:01
Damned brings up some very good points, and they're certainly worth considering.

Aflevine- I'm in the same boat as Vlad... while I don't have as MUCH experience in FG, but I'm more than willing to help assist in anyway possible. Heck, I might even be willing to swap DM duties with you even.

What if we try and get the group together, same time this weekend on Sunday for a session 0 to see how things look? If nothing else, I can run LMoP for the group, as I know that one inside and out. (Still reading over PotA, haven't even looked at OotA yet). Thoughts?

Fenris4024
November 6th, 2015, 17:40
So, looking at an hour earlier? I'll have to check in with my better half, but as far as I know, I'm in. Assuming we're running same characters, and continuing OotA?

Fenris4024
November 6th, 2015, 18:20
Done and Done.

Vladlock
November 6th, 2015, 23:24
Good to go, see you guys tomorrow

Mphillips51501
November 6th, 2015, 23:42
Are you still looking for players

Vladlock
November 7th, 2015, 05:50
Your GM, through the magic of time control, inserts Saturday between today and Sunday. :P See you Sunday.

yeah that...damn 12 hr night shifts throw my how "day" perception off hehe. We could always just start over, say instead of going down the dumbwaiter we doubled back into the compound...if that is something the others would be up for.

Fenris4024
November 8th, 2015, 16:26
Ugh, Been there... night shifts can and DO mess up what day of the week it is! Out of curiosity, how long do we think game will go on average?

Fenris4024
November 8th, 2015, 17:46
Sounds good Aflevine! I'm CST as well, but I work Hawaii timezone... Its odd, I get to sleep in more than most folks, but work later than them as well. 10.30pm is a perfect cutoff for me though, as the missus turns into a pumpkin around then.

Vladlock
November 9th, 2015, 05:10
Sorry about tonight guys, was catching some serious wife agro, will try and make it next time but if this gets to be a pattern then I will bow out and let someone else have my spot

damned
November 10th, 2015, 01:05
well done Adam!

mightymax474
November 23rd, 2015, 20:28
If there is still any space left, Let me know where you are in the story. I have a (Healing/buffing) bard, a (Damage) paladin, an (Abjuration/control) wizard, and a (Tank) barbarian I can bring if there is room. my timezone is EST, but your times work out well for me.

Elite Hatter
November 28th, 2015, 03:49
Are there any spots open for this game?

WilliamCQ
February 2nd, 2016, 02:08
I'm an experienced player but I'm not so much interested in stories. I will not quit neither become grudging because a game doesn't lean toward my preferred hack & slash; however, I may phase out and wait for the rest of the party or that a vote take place, sometimes I'll suggest a vote.

I'd love it if the game was part of Adventurer's League (AL), but am ok if it's not.

In case I inadvertently unsubscribe to this thread and stop PM notification, here's my email: [email protected]

Odin
February 4th, 2016, 21:29
Hello Devotee,

I'm new to Fantasy Grounds as well, but i'm a long time DnD player/DM. I have played 2nd, 3.5, 5 editions (we wont talk about 4th), as well and several other games (WW, Mage, Vampire, Cyberpunk, to name a few).

I'm very interested in joining the group, i realize the post is a little older, but would like a chance to hop in if you think you can squeeze me in or if a player drops out.

Thanks a bunch, and look forward to gaming with you,
Odin

gamer5e
February 4th, 2016, 21:56
Hi

I have done a few games on FG so I am still very much new to the program and relatively new to 5e.

I would also be interested in joining the group as well if a spot ever opens up.