PDA

View Full Version : Good Job Fantasy Grounds Devs and Community

limpinjezus
October 16th, 2015, 15:01
I just wanted to give a thumbs up to Fantasy Grounds and it's contributors. :) I ran our D&D group using Roll20 for over a year, with all the bells and whistles it provides with its Pro level subscription and my group went from a 'it gets the job done' attitude, to 'wow, this is cool'. I run our games for at the table and remote players at the same time. I usually have 2 or 3 players sitting at my table using a central laptop tied to a central monitor, and 1 or 2 remote players linked up with video and audio. I sprung for the Ultimate License and told my players we were going to try it out. They immediately took to Fantasy Grounds. My local players, always wanting to roll their own dice, and not any computer simulated dice, quickly decided Fantasy Grounds offered so much benefit with automation and speed that they where no longer worried about angering the dice gods, even bringing in their own laptops to run Fantasy Ground on while at the table. No more need for a central monitor, so I reclaimed it for my use!

Anyway, great job all. I was amazed how quickly my players took to Fantasy Grounds after being rather meh about Roll20. Keep up the good work. I eagerly await the Unity conversion.

Zacchaeus
October 16th, 2015, 15:42
Welcome to FG and the community limpinjezus.

gaara6666
October 18th, 2015, 06:45
Glad you could enjoy it. Great community I have been here since 2010

ddavison
October 18th, 2015, 06:52
Thanks for the feedback. We are glad that you and your players are enjoying it.

damned
October 18th, 2015, 11:45
Hey limpinjezus - what system do you mostly use?

limpinjezus
October 19th, 2015, 14:52
Hey limpinjezus - what system do you mostly use?

We are playing 5th edition D&D.