PDA

View Full Version : Tracking usage countdowns on Combat Tracker?

lachancery
October 15th, 2015, 13:37
Has anyone figured a clever way to track effects that have "usage countdowns" on the Combat Tracker? I'm thinking of spells like Protection from Energy, Ablative Barrier, Defending Bone and Mirror Image?

The two methods I have been using were either a manual edit of a numerical value in an effect by the GM, or the player coding a bunch of effects on his sheet and using the Remove Effect extension.

I don't know if it would be possible, but an extension using similar syntax as the Remove Effect extension that would allow players to code effects such as "DefBones: 30" and "DECREMENT: DefBones: 5". Whenever the player would get damage, he would tap the decrement button to reduce how much is left.

Thanks.

Zacchaeus
October 15th, 2015, 14:15
You might find this (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?26394-New-character/page2) from post 12 onward helpful

Nickademus
October 15th, 2015, 16:57
I did. I had a STACK tag for effects. It was in the REMOVE section but was extracted when Trenloe moved the REMOVE code to a separate extension.

Basically it added and subtracted to/from the leading number for a text effect. For example, mirror image:

STACK: Mirror images
REMOVE: STACK: Mirror images

The first creates an effect (if one doesn't already exist) and sets the number to 1. Or it increases the number by one.
The second decreases the number by one. Or if the number is 1, it removes the effect.

darrenan
October 15th, 2015, 19:51
I normally just put the count in an effect and adjust it manually: "Mirror Image; Images Remaining: 4".

Protection from Energy is even worse because you can't really control the order between it and any other existing RESIST, so it needs to be totally manual I think.