PDA

View Full Version : 5e Monster Manual Images

Overdog
October 15th, 2015, 00:20
I bought the full Monster Manual but I dont see the monster image library (Images and Maps). I only see Tables, NPCs, and Reference manual. Please dont tell me that is a separate purchase. Is there something I need to do to see them?

Trenloe
October 15th, 2015, 00:31
Images are linked on the "Other" tab of the NPC record.

Overdog
October 15th, 2015, 00:36
Images are linked on the "Other" tab of the NPC record.

Phew, I see it now. Thanks

whiteTiki
October 15th, 2015, 01:39
Happened to me too until I found the "Other" tab. You can then right click the image and share it with your players.

BTW is there any way to share an image (lets say monster image) individually with a player?

ddavison
October 15th, 2015, 01:52
Drag the image's link to the player's portrait on the upper left corner.

whiteTiki
October 15th, 2015, 01:53
Awesome! Thanks!

viresanimi
October 15th, 2015, 01:53
Drag the link on to the player portrait. Works for all link types as far as I know. If you look at the list of your images (or other) there will be a "P" next to a public image. An "S" indicates it is shared with one or more specific players. Mouse over the "S" to see whom it has been shared with.

Vires Animi

FSHSchmo
October 15th, 2015, 15:43
You can also right click on the picture and click on the share option on the radial menu.

whiteTiki
October 15th, 2015, 16:45
You can also right click on the picture and click on the share option on the radial menu.

Yea but that radial menu only shares the image with everyone right?

Zacchaeus
October 15th, 2015, 17:57
Yea but that radial menu only shares the image with everyone right?

Indeed.

Mixylplyx
November 29th, 2015, 13:05
I just came across this thread. I also didn't see the MM images in the Images & Maps window, but I knew I had. Turns out, I only had MM loaded. Once I loaded an adventure, in this case Out of the Abyss, then all the MM images were listed on a separate blue tab on the Images & Maps window, along with all the ones from the adventure. My best guess is that the MM module has to have some other tabs on the Images & Maps window before it shows.

Mixylplyx
November 29th, 2015, 13:10
Side note, apparently all of the images are not listed. The Aboleth does have an image linked in the Other tab of it's monster entry, but does not show in the complete list when you have another module loaded like I explained above.

Zacchaeus
November 29th, 2015, 14:08
When you open the Out of the Abyss Module all you see are the images from that particular module. It doesn't matter if you have the MM open or not. Opening the MM on it's own will not populate the images folder with anything. If the module you have open has monsters taken directly from the MM then those (and only those) images will appear in a tab on their own. There is therefore no circumstance where all of the MM images will show up in the images folder.

Wazoodust
November 29th, 2015, 17:01
It'd be kind of fun if you could put the players image in the monsters image for say when the Halfling got eaten by the Xorn !!!

Mixylplyx
November 29th, 2015, 17:26
When you open the Out of the Abyss Module all you see are the images from that particular module. It doesn't matter if you have the MM open or not. Opening the MM on it's own will not populate the images folder with anything. If the module you have open has monsters taken directly from the MM then those (and only those) images will appear in a tab on their own. There is therefore no circumstance where all of the MM images will show up in the images folder.

Really? Ok that makes sense. I assumed it was a bug.

So why can't we get the complete list of portraits from MM just by having the MM open? Is it because it's a reference book? If so, why that distinction?

Trenloe
November 29th, 2015, 17:31
So why can't we get the complete list of portraits from MM just by having the MM open? Is it because it's a reference book?
Yes, because it's a reference book.

It was removed in v3.1.1 as having NPC data in the campaign lists was causing issues. Mentioned in patch notes here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/patchnotes.html

"[5E] Monster Manual NPC data was incorrectly listed in campaign list, and left remnants when removed. Fixed."

Beltaur
January 8th, 2017, 01:41
I've read all the post and did the share and copy but the problem I'm having is that I am the DM, and I cannot see any pictures for the monster manual or any other module I'm running. All my monsters from A to Z are blank images as if there is a mask over them. I paid for the full D&D stuff and they are all blank, any help would be greatly appreciated because we are playing right now and I cannot share monster pictures.

I need to edit this, It is not all but alot of the monsters, some from the monster manual and some from Horde of Dragon Queen (Bullywug - is one).

ddavison
January 8th, 2017, 02:16
If you've run an update, you can try closing and then re-opening the Monster Manual in your Library > Modules screen and then right-click on the Monster Manual thumbnail and choose Revert ().

Beltaur
January 8th, 2017, 02:41
I've tried the revert, it didn't seem to work. But I have more details that I can put down for you.

I am currently doing Horde of the Dragon Queen. If I have that module open and the monster manual any monster that is in both will not show an image. I had both open and tried bullywog and it was a blank image, closed Horde of the Dragon Queen and then looked at bullywog and the picture was there. Could it be a conflict between each module?

Beltaur
January 8th, 2017, 02:45
With both open, going through NPC button it does as above. With both open but pressing the image button the picture is there for both. So I guess that I can use that method if I need to. But if the other is a bug should I post it in the Bug list or forum post?

Zacchaeus
January 8th, 2017, 03:00
There is currently an issue with images not showing up in HotDQ. It has been fixed in v3.2.2 which should be rolled out soon(ish). There should not be a problem with any images in the MM and you should be able to open any image from the NPC 'other' tab from there.

Beltaur
January 8th, 2017, 03:06
Thank you Zacchaeus for your info, looking forward to it.

Just wanted to also say that I like how nice and polite this forum is versus others I've been to. At other sites if you don't word something just right you get jumped for it. So thank you both.