PDA

View Full Version : Sudden connection Issues

SolidusPrime
October 14th, 2015, 23:19
Hi guys,

My group has been playing for some time now. When we went to start the game tonight, no one could connect, and I keep failing the connection test.

Windows firewall and router firewall are turned completely off. Network sharing is all set to on, allow ect. This is the way we've always connected. I keep my gaming network isolated from the home so I don't have to worry about virus' ect, and I am definitely not infected. Nothing has changed on this end at all...anyone have any idea what might be happening?

Trenloe
October 14th, 2015, 23:28
Has your local IP address changed?

Are you using port forwarding on your router or are you relying on UPnP to set the port forwarding automatically? Either way, I'd double check that the setup is correct for your current local IP address.

SolidusPrime
October 14th, 2015, 23:31
Ip hadn't changed, and like I said the firewall was off so I was no using port forwarding.

I restarted the router though, and the server started right up. It's odd, because my internet, games, streaming music and work VPN all worked and connected just fine. There was just some small minor hiccup in the routing somewhere that FG didnt like I guess. Thanks for the assistance.

damned
October 14th, 2015, 23:51
Ip hadn't changed, and like I said the firewall was off so I was no using port forwarding.

I restarted the router though, and the server started right up. It's odd, because my internet, games, streaming music and work VPN all worked and connected just fine. There was just some small minor hiccup in the routing somewhere that FG didnt like I guess. Thanks for the assistance.

It was the NAT/PAT that got messed up and it does happen occasionally. Happy gaming!

SolidusPrime
October 29th, 2015, 03:55
Sorry to res this thread, but it is happening again.

I didn't realize until we were about to game, because literally EVERYTHING else in my house and on my PC work, and have worked forever, including some pretty heavy VPN's I use for work. FG is the only thing not working, and resets haven't fixed it. Any ideas Damned?

damned
October 29th, 2015, 07:56
Sent you a PM.