PDA

View Full Version : Combat tracker loosing tokens

bullywug
October 13th, 2015, 20:06
I am testing my setup prior to launching Fantasy Grounds with my group. I've created the adventure/encounters and two characters who are both controlled by a user using one computer (our setup is multiple local players and 1 remote player). Everything goes fine the first round of combat but after the first round the tokens seem to become disconnected from the combat tracker. When I try to use an attack the characters/monsters attack die just fall flat and the chat window says the token isn't connected to any characters in the combat tracker.

Any idea what I've done wrong?

Trenloe
October 13th, 2015, 20:09
Which ruleset are you using? What message, if any, are you getting saying the token isn't connected?

Verify the targeting is still showing in the combat tracker and make sure that the targeting icon on the modifier stack below the chat window hasn't been deselected.

bullywug
October 13th, 2015, 21:01
Which ruleset are you using? What message, if any, are you getting saying the token isn't connected?

Verify the targeting is still showing in the combat tracker and make sure that the targeting icon on the modifier stack below the chat window hasn't been deselected.

When I went back and tried again, it worked. Hopefully it was something I missed. While testing this out I discovered something else. It seems that the software does not automatically take hit points off PCs or monsters listed in the combat tracker. That's okay, no problem. But I can't seem to figure out how to indicate the creature is bloodied, or dazed, or even dead. I'm sure there's a way but a quick glance over the Internet didn't yield any results.

I'm using the 4e ruleset.

Trenloe
October 13th, 2015, 21:04
WhIt seems that the software does not automatically take hit points off PCs or monsters listed in the combat tracker.
It does if you roll damage after your attack roll (and you have a creature targeted).

Moon Wizard
October 13th, 2015, 21:18
Bloodied and Dead will be shown as the health status on the player combat tracker. It's indicated by colors in the GM combat tracker.

Dazed is an effect that can be applied. Effects are one of the sections for each combat tracker entry. Just create a new effect, and type Dazed. Or you can apply directly from the button in the Campaign Effects list via button in upper right of tabletop.

Cheers,
JPG

Trenloe
October 13th, 2015, 21:33
Re-reading your question regarding HPs. The HP entry shown in the combat tracker isn't adjusted when damage is applied - this is the max HP the creature has. Damage is applied to the Wnd field, ascending from 0.

bullywug
October 13th, 2015, 21:58
Re-reading your question regarding HPs. The HP entry shown in the combat tracker isn't adjusted when damage is applied - this is the max HP the creature has. Damage is applied to the Wnd field, ascending from 0.

oic. Thanks.