PDA

View Full Version : Zeitgeist - The Gears of Revolution 4e level 1-30 campaign Text only.

Starcrawler
October 13th, 2015, 18:52
Steam and soot darken the skies above the city of Flint, and winds sweeping across its majestic harbor blow the choking products of industrial forges into the fey rainforests that dot its knife-toothed mountains. Since the earliest ages when the people of Risur founded this city, they feared the capricious beings that hid in those fog-shrouded peaks, but now as the march of progress and the demands of national defense turn Flint into a garden for artifice and technology, the old faiths and rituals that kept the lurkers of the woods at bay are being abandoned.

The Unseen Court, the Great Hunt, and the many spirits of the land long ago conquered by Risur’s kings no longer receive tribute, but they cannot enter these new cities of steam and steel to demand their tithe. The impoverished workers who huddle in factory slums fear monsters of a different breed, shadowy children of this new urban labyrinth. Even their modern religions have no defenses against these fiends.

Times are turning. The skyseers – Risurs folk prophets since their homeland’s birth – witness omens in the starry wheels of heaven, and they warn that a new age is nigh. But what they cannot foresee, hidden beyond the steam and soot of the night sky, is the face of this coming era, the spirit of the age. The zeitgeist.

FG License: Full (Players require a license to play)
Game System: 4e

Time Zone: Eastern
Day of week and time: Tuesday at 7 PM Eastern time / 6 PM central
Planned Frequency: Weekly
Term: Long term - Full 1-30 campaign, so only join if you are interested in joining for the long haul.

Text or Voice: Text only

Roleplay & Combat mix: About 60/40 however I fully expect some degree of role play in combat.
Number of Players in game & needed: 4, need 1.
Character starting level & equipment: Level 9
Character restrictions: No power gaming or overpowered characters.

In this campaign you are part of the Royal Homeland Constabulary (RHC) an organization which is designed to protect and serve the city of flint by order of the King, due to the nature of the campaign please only join if you are a fan of role playing and enjoy playing characters that have flaws as well as strengths, also as stated above this is a full 1-30 campaign so please only join if you feel that you can commit to that. During the course of the campaign you will partake in various investigations, espionage as well as possible assassinations and other spy/agent activities. This game is set in a fantasy world with a steampunk environment, with technology not usually found in 4e campaigns, such as firearms, steam trains and ships (And yes, there's ship combat).

If you are interested please PM me or post a reply in this thread and I will send you the Zeitgeist players guide :)

Link to Gamecalendar page: Game Calender (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1653)

damned
October 14th, 2015, 05:12
Woot! This will be a long running campaign! 30 levels by Text - awesome work! You might need to bump your post every couple of days as the text only posts sometimes slip down the page.

Starcrawler
October 16th, 2015, 01:56
Thanks damned, I'm currently DMing another 1-30 campaign as well on Saturdays, so this will be my second long running campaign :).

Starcrawler
October 18th, 2015, 04:35
Currently have 3 confirmed players, will consider the group full at 5 players but will happily start with 4.

Starcrawler
October 20th, 2015, 11:29
Still need 1 or 2 more players for this :)

Ruso
October 21st, 2015, 00:30
Still need 1 or 2 more players for this :)

Could it be at 8pm EST??? I live in California and that is the time I get out of work. On weekends I'm free. Please let me know. Thank you.

Starcrawler
October 21st, 2015, 14:18
Could it be at 8pm EST??? I live in California and that is the time I get out of work. On weekends I'm free. Please let me know. Thank you.

Hey Ruso, thank you for your interest, however sadly I cannot bump the start time to 8pm Eastern for a few reasons, sorry :(

Oak
October 22nd, 2015, 00:44
Bump for an awesome DM and a pretty great cast of players to boot! :pirate:

professorpanic
October 22nd, 2015, 02:07
I would love to get in on this if you have room for a new player.

Starcrawler
October 22nd, 2015, 02:14
Thanks Oak :)

And professorpanic, just sent you a PM :).

CthulhuHalo
October 22nd, 2015, 03:46
I'm in, as long as it starts after the 1st.

Starcrawler
October 22nd, 2015, 04:46
With 5 players this campaign is now considered full, however if you are still interested in joining then please do not hesitate to let me know, as I may decide to increase the player pool to 6 or more players, and in the case where a player needs to drop out for whatever reason then I will contact those who have shown interest for replacement :)

bmoore1969
October 23rd, 2015, 00:28
yes still would like to join

Starcrawler
October 5th, 2016, 03:59
Hey all, sadly due to unforeseen circumstances, I am in desperate need of a fifth player, preferably someone who would be happy playing either a Leader or Controller.

To re-iterate what is said on the first post, the campaign runs on Tuesdays at 7PM Eastern time and is text only. You should enjoy RP when joining this campaign, as though combat is relatively frequent, this campaign is predominantly RP based. The characters are currently level 5.

If you are interested, please shoot me a PM, or reply here :)

We have a really friendly group, myself and a few others in the group have been playing together in various campaigns for over 3 years now.

spite
October 5th, 2016, 04:48
Are you open to people relatively newish to 4e? I have a basic grasp of how the game runs, but have only ever played from level 1-3 once.

Starcrawler
October 5th, 2016, 04:50
Sent you a PM Spite :)

Starcrawler
October 16th, 2016, 20:56
Hey all, we are still in need of a new player if anybody is interested :)

Mgrancey
October 17th, 2016, 17:53
Interested but will PM to check

Starcrawler
October 17th, 2016, 23:15
We are now full :)

Starcrawler
October 28th, 2016, 16:08
Hey all, a space has now again opened up should any of you wish to take it :)

Starcrawler
November 13th, 2017, 20:43
Hey guys! Been a while since I posted in this thread. Figured I'd just post here instead of making a new thread. This campaign is still going strong, however we require a new addition to our team! If you are interested, please look at the first post for all the relevant information.

Quick overview - This campaign is on Tuesdays at 7pm Eastern time (6pm Central) and the characters are currently level 9. We are on the fourth module.

If you are interested, please PM me, or post below with your interest and I will get back to you ASAP.

Just to add - All of the group are very friendly, and very accommodating to new players to FG and 4e! So as long as you show a willingness to learn, you are more then welcome to join no matter what your experience!

spite
November 13th, 2017, 21:09
Oooh ooh pick me, pick me!

EDIT: On second looking, I can't commit to this for as long as I'd like to. :(

Oak
December 5th, 2017, 02:26
Its a pretty fun game, but we could really use another person so I can quit playing two characters.... Im spending too much time talking to myself... and there's a giant Rabbit... oh, and cookies... and cowboys... and trains...

Basically its a ton of fun, and we need more people to share in said fun. :D