PDA

View Full Version : Tokens and the Combat Tracker

kridak
October 13th, 2015, 16:30
Hey Everyone

Using DnD 5e ruleset.

One of my groups plays around the table, so they roll their own dice for most things which is ok as i created an NPC to do damage and healing...my problem is with the tokens themselves and visibility on initiative turn....

When rolling through the combat tracker and the next actor is an enemy, and i have say 12 frogs on the battle map, i have to hover over each frog to tell which one has initiative....i thought i saw in a video a pair of crosshairs under the token so you know which one has initiative but all i see is a circle that appears around the token that has initiative...but it is REALLY hard to see....

I have looked through options and there does not seem to be a way to really have the current token standout on the battle map....am i missing something?

Thanks all!

Kridak

Trenloe
October 13th, 2015, 16:36
You can either make the tokens a little smaller - so that the circle is more obvious (use CTRL+Mouse-wheel to zoom the token) or (this is what I do) click the visibility icon next to the entry on the combat tracker to briefly change the icon to hidden (less opaque to the GM) and back to visible - this is like flashing the token.

Nickademus
October 13th, 2015, 17:36
If you double-click the token on the Combat Tracker entry, it will go to the token on the image, centering it as close as it can. This can help you find which frog has the initiative. It will even open the image the token is on if not already opened and pan the image if it is outside of the visible area.

Griogre
October 14th, 2015, 06:37
Instead of turning visibility off and on you can just hold down shift and roll the mouse wheel up and down. The will increase and decrease the size of the token rapidly which can be easier to notice if you have a lot of tokens on the map.

This in combination with Nickademus' suggestion should allow you to find the right token.

damned
October 14th, 2015, 12:47
hehehe - I do the blinking token thing! I guess we all do it differently!

Zacchaeus
October 14th, 2015, 13:11
Also, turn the option to show token name to 'Title' and set NPC numbering to 'Append' or 'Random'. This will make the names - complete with a number visible on the map and combat tracker and makes it easier to find the correct one.