PDA

View Full Version : 1000 Places To Meet Your Doom!

Xydonus
October 13th, 2015, 15:42
Please visit MapWorks for all future maps - https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/10375/MapWorks

Thanks!

Zacchaeus
October 13th, 2015, 17:53
Jolly fine maps.

Oh, and someone will say. Why the grid?

Szabtom
October 13th, 2015, 19:34
Cool stuff and kudos for sharing! Any chance of sharing the images without grid? :)

Xydonus
October 13th, 2015, 21:26
Jolly fine maps.

Oh, and someone will say. Why the grid?

Never been one to use the FG default grid use. Personally not a fan of it cause its hard to see (at least on the old WFRP2 ruleset) so I set all the maps to use the Dundjinni grid. Just a personal preference on my part.

As for getting them without the grid, I'm afraid not as it would require re-doing them all in terms of saving them without it.

May do future maps though without the grid, but prior to that, sorry.

Zacchaeus
October 13th, 2015, 21:42
Never been one to use the FG default grid use. Personally not a fan of it cause its hard to see (at least on the old WFRP2 ruleset) so I set all the maps to use the Dundjinni grid. Just a personal preference on my part.

As for getting them without the grid, I'm afraid not as it would require re-doing them all in terms of saving them without it.

May do future maps though without the grid, but prior to that, sorry.

Told you someone would come on and say why the grid :)

Certainly in 5e you need to use the FG grid in order to use the map in game. If there's already a grid on the map it can be a pain lining the FG grid up with the map grid; it will depend on what scale the map was drawn to and how many pixels per inch or something like that :)

Xydonus
October 13th, 2015, 23:14
Told you someone would come on and say why the grid :)

Certainly in 5e you need to use the FG grid in order to use the map in game. If there's already a grid on the map it can be a pain lining the FG grid up with the map grid; it will depend on what scale the map was drawn to and how many pixels per inch or something like that :)

True, although I've never found the scale at which I've done the grids to be a problem, and this is the first time someones requested no-grids, as I've shared maps here before. Thing is though that I've been making maps way before I ever started sharing them on the FG forum, so I've always made them with the foresight of personal preference first, rather than the considerations of others :p

However for future maps I may indeed make a no-grid version. And if the grid proves to be troublesome on a specific map for anyone downloading them, I may indeed re-do it if its only the one map or two.

Szabtom
October 13th, 2015, 23:21
Grid or no grid, your sharing the maps will be appreciated, Xydonus. :)

Trenloe
October 14th, 2015, 22:23
Yeah, great work - thanks for sharing. I don't mind the grid. :)

Xydonus
October 20th, 2015, 02:52
Received a request via PM to redo my dungeon map with no grid and to change the outer wall, so I've uploaded it in the OP.

https://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h297/Dpsav/DungeonNoGrid_zpsdlf8j3gs.jpg

Xydonus
February 25th, 2016, 17:01
A pair of maps I've recently done for a Star Wars campaign -

https://img42.com/5aGAr+

Xydonus
March 8th, 2016, 09:10
Here's a preview of a map I'm currently working on. It's going to be a large inn, with another floor to do -

Bear in mind it's nowhere near finished.

damned
March 8th, 2016, 11:31
I can see some serious fights going on in there!
"Elvis! Play something with balls!"

Ellspeth
March 8th, 2016, 11:38
Another awesome map my friend, remind me to ask you about doing a couple of maps for some stuff I am working on. BTW is this newest one for the warhammer campaign? Hendell is trying to teach me how to use GIMP, sadly with learning to master the FG tools at the same time it has been slow going. Last maps I drew was in college, on a table with pencils and vellum, oh that was before CAD.

Xydonus
March 8th, 2016, 17:32
Yep, this is just a 'generic upmarket inn' that has a few more bells and whistles than your common inn. I needed something with a bit more flair.

And sure, I'm happy to work on any maps you need doing, just let me know when.

Xydonus
March 10th, 2016, 08:13
Map's done, I've uploaded it to the first post.

Milke
August 6th, 2016, 17:29
That Star Wars map could also work for a site in Numeria in Golarion.