PDA

View Full Version : Adventure Deck

dpmoring
October 13th, 2015, 08:49
I purchased the Adventure Deck and it only appears as an extension in SavageWorlds3 (release 3.5). When the campaign first loads (Create New Campaign) there is a box that tells me that I am using an old version of Savage Worlds and my new campaign will be upgraded to the latest version (presumably 4.0). After this update the Adventure Deck is present as (1) a tab on the character sheet, (2) a deck of cards in Tools, and (3) the Library. Everything seems to work perfectly normal until I leave the campaign. When reloading the saved campaign the Adventure Deck is missing. The (1) tab on the character sheet is absent and (2) the deck of cards in Tools is no longer there. Oddly enough the Adventure Deck is still present in the Library but I don't see any use for it as all of the functionality is now gone.

If I create a campaign in SavageWorlds (release 4.0) then there is no option to select the Adventure Deck as an extension and I am only ever able to see the Adventure Deck in the campaign Library -- and as above this means there is no game functionality. I am assuming that there is some issue with release 4.0 "seeing" the Adventure Deck but I don't have any idea how to remedy this. Does anyone have a solution?

Mask_of_winter
October 13th, 2015, 09:24
In your settings (from launcher) is your forum name and password entered? Have you tried running an update?

dpmoring
October 13th, 2015, 15:38
In your settings (from launcher) is your forum name and password entered? Have you tried running an update?

I didn't have that information in the launcher (I purchased Fantasy Grounds through Steam so I thought that it was taking care of everything) but once I added my Forum Name and password the Adventure Deck updated and now runs perfectly. Thanks so much for your help!

Trenloe
October 13th, 2015, 15:42
As Mask_of_Winter says, have you ran an update with your FG Website username and password in the update settings? The Adventure Deck extension has been updated to run with the SavageWorlds (v4) ruleset, so it sounds like yours hasn't updated.

If you purchased the Adventure Deck from the FG website store it should be linked to your user ID - check your order history (link in the top right of the store page).

Did you order the product with a different user ID? I'm asking this as the ID you posted with is brand new.

Where did you purchase the Adventure Deck? It might be that your purchase needs assigning to your user ID.

dpmoring
October 13th, 2015, 16:26
As Mask_of_Winter says, have you ran an update with your FG Website username and password in the update settings? The Adventure Deck extension has been updated to run with the SavageWorlds (v4) ruleset, so it sounds like yours hasn't updated.

If you purchased the Adventure Deck from the FG website store it should be linked to your user ID - check your order history (link in the top right of the store page).

Did you order the product with a different user ID? I'm asking this as the ID you posted with is brand new.

Where did you purchase the Adventure Deck? It might be that your purchase needs assigning to your user ID.

I purchased Fantasy Grounds and Deadlands Noir through Steam but I bought the Adventure Deck and Horror Companion directly from Fantasy Grounds after I realized that the FG website had a wider selection of content for Savage Worlds. Once I entered my FG User ID and PW into the launcher it seemed to update the Adventure Deck so that it now works. As a bonus it added additional extension functionality to the Horror Companion so that sanity is now on the Character Sheet! Thanks for your assistance!

damned
October 14th, 2015, 05:14
welcome dpmoring! do come and check out FG Con running this weekend - LOTS of Savage sessions to whet your appetite!
https://www.fg-con.com/events