PDA

View Full Version : Auto-assign letter token extension

Ikael
October 12th, 2015, 18:52
This is very simple Savage Worlds extension sampler which will add letter token to NPCs automatically when NPC is dragged from module into Personalities list and it doesn't have any token. The letter-token is determined from NPC's name. At the moment this extension does not support Deadlands Critters and Humans, but any other module's NPC are supported. Enjoy.

Skellan
October 13th, 2015, 00:34
This is cool - thanks

damned
October 14th, 2015, 05:21
great extension!

Trenloe
October 14th, 2015, 16:33
Cool extension Ikael. Any chance of releasing this for generic, CoreRPG based rulesets? All that's needed is to reference the "Letter Tokens" module (it doesn't have to be opened), i.e.:

local sPrototype = "tokens/Medium/" .. sLetter .. ".png@Letter Tokens"
I've done some quick testing with the 5e and Pathfinder rulesets and it appears to work fine.

Moon Wizard
October 14th, 2015, 17:45
Just wait, it's coming...

JPG

Ikael
October 14th, 2015, 19:15
Cool extension Ikael. Any chance of releasing this for generic, CoreRPG based rulesets? All that's needed is to reference the "Letter Tokens" module (it doesn't have to be opened), i.e.:

local sPrototype = "tokens/Medium/" .. sLetter .. ".png@Letter Tokens"
I've done some quick testing with the 5e and Pathfinder rulesets and it appears to work fine.

Indeed it's easily possible to make this CoreRPG compatible, but I will leave it to Moon Wizard to make this part of the CoreRPG itself (if I understood correctly)

Moon Wizard
October 14th, 2015, 23:09
Here ya go, slightly different approach since I add the token on CT add, but same idea. I thought Ikael's idea was so simple and ingenious, I had to add right away.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?26330-Test-Release-v3-1-3&p=234705#post234705

Cheers,
JPG