PDA

View Full Version : ALL d&d 5e modules gone!

sebim
October 12th, 2015, 12:58
Ok, so I ended my ultimate subscription a while back and today I wanted to check some stuff on the d&d 5e campaign I had. Thought it would be ok to just open it and check before I decide to activate my sub again.
Everything I bought back then was gone! Complete class pack, Lost mine of Phandelver and My campaign is still there but no bought d&d stuff. Gone from the modules and extension folders.
Funny thing was that before I opened FG today I bought some Savage Worlds stuff and they are all there and can be opened in creating a Demo campaign.

Why doesnt it download it again when I update my setting with my user name password? Im pretty sure its not hidden behind a subscription. Or is it?!

Heres my order history from my profile

Date Product list Total price
27th Jun 2015 2 x Ultimate License Subscription $19.98
27th Jun 2015 1 x D&D Lost Mine of Phandelver
1 x D&D Basic Rules $22.98
27th Jun 2015 1 x D&D Complete Core Class Pack $49.99

12th Oct 2015 1 x Savage Worlds Deluxe Ruleset v4
1 x Deadlands Reloaded: Marshall's Handbook and Extension
1 x Deadlands Reloaded: Player's Handbook $24.97

Btw, I updated to windows 10 and rolled back to 7 a month ago or so. Any problem there maybe?

Please help.

Zacchaeus
October 12th, 2015, 13:13
I think you are answering your own question. You cancelled your subscription.

kylania
October 12th, 2015, 13:26
You still own all the modules, but unless you have an active licence you can't access them. Either sub again or purchase a Full or Ultimate license and your modules will be available again.

sebim
October 12th, 2015, 13:26
Sure, I know that. But I bought the dnd stuff outside of the sub. You only get the ultimate liscense with the sub not access to different modules. Those modules should be linked to my user name in FG (as they once were). As I wrote above, I bought some Savage Worlds stuff today and they are now linked to my forum name. What seems to have happened is that all my dnd things are un-linked. I see them in my order history but they dont show up when I update my settings in FG. So they dont download.

sebim
October 12th, 2015, 13:27
I mean, why do the Savage Worlds stuff show up?

Zacchaeus
October 12th, 2015, 13:56
I believe the problem is that the 5e stuff is not like other stuff because it is protected; and you will only be able to access it if unless you have a full or ultimate license. In other words the 5e stuff is linked to your license and since that has expired it's no longer visible. It's still linked to the license but until you re-activate you can't access it.

sebim
October 12th, 2015, 14:17
Ah, ok. To bad. I paid alot of money for the modules and I just want to check the campaign status a bit. Well heres another problem. I removed the liscence key from settings cause I figured it wasnt needed anymore and that it might help with updating my stuff. Now what happen is that it starts downloading updating but then stops with this window

HandleFile
Unable to save file (modules/DD Basic Rules - DM.mod) to content vault.

Whats up with that? =)

Zacchaeus
October 12th, 2015, 14:24
Same problem, I feel. You could put your license key back in to see if that helps.

sebim
October 12th, 2015, 14:48
Ok, one more question. Where can I find the key?. I can find my activation ID in a mail but I guess thats allready used.

Zacchaeus
October 12th, 2015, 15:10
Try here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/faq.php?faq=license_and_purchasing_issues#faq_lice nse_4)

Ikael
October 12th, 2015, 15:32
I might be wrong, but I really don't believe outside-subscription purchases are linking to your subscription. You should be able to download and use them anytime. Can you check Fantasy Grounds Settings, input your credentials there again and update again.

PS: D&D 5e suff are protected the same way Savage World Interface Zero 2.0 is, but it has nothing to do with subscription (correct me if I am wrong)

Trenloe
October 12th, 2015, 16:29
To clarify:

Your purchases are linked to your FG website login, or Steam login if purchased on Steam. They are not linked to a specific licence key.
Newer FG content (5E material, Interface Zero 2.0, recent CoC and Pathfinder modules, etc.) are encrypted and placed in the content vault. You must have at least a valid full or ultimate licence to access (and update) the content vault.
If you don't have a valid licence (your FG splash screen show v3.1.2 FREE) then you won't be able to access the content vault, or update it during an FG update cycle.
Older material (e.g. Deadlands Reloaded) has not been integrated into the content vault yet, so this is available even with a free licence.
You won't lose campaign data when a subscription expires, but you will lose access to the library modules stored in the content vault.
If you renew a subscription, or purchase a permanent licence, you will regain access to the content vault (once you enter your new, valid, licence key).

Some additional info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/faq.php?faq=license_and_purchasing_issues#faq_subs criptionexplaination

ddavison
October 13th, 2015, 03:18
Trenloe is correct. The protected content packs that require an active subscription or license will not work without one of those. If you change licenses, you will need to re-run a Check for Updates to download a new secured/protected version of your purchases that will work with that license number for your account. You don't have to re-buy any of the secured DLC... you just need a valid license again.