PDA

View Full Version : Rage of Demons sharing item glitch

Elihu
October 12th, 2015, 10:35
I'm kinda stuck in the middle of our rage of demons campaign b'cus of technical issues, here is what happened. From the module I selected an item, in this case it was a type of fungi found in the underdark. When i selected, dragged and placed the item on a player it shared it and it shared ALL and I mean ALL the the module. Whenever i try to un-click the circled S that shows I shared it with him, FG crashes.
So right now all the module is shared with him. and i cant "unshare" it.
Thanks.

Zacchaeus
October 12th, 2015, 13:09
Have you tried to unshare with no-one else joining the game. Have that player create a new character (the same as the old one) and delete the original character. You could start a new campaign but everything would be back at square one. I'm not sure what the result would be if you deleted the module and redownloaded it. But these are some things to try.

The next version of FG has options which will prevent sharing like this from happening; not much good for you right now certainly.

Trenloe
October 12th, 2015, 16:41
Try this (without any players logged in):

Make sure that the module in "Module Activation" is *not* set to "Force" or "Allow". https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Library#Module_Availability
In the chat window type /flushdb - this should remove all sharing so far for the whole campaign. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Chat_Commands
Before your players join the game, get them to clear their cache. On the "Join Game" screen, ask the player the click the nuke "clear cache" icon in the top right hand corner.

Then get the players to join the game. All sharing should be removed and the players will download just the info they need (not the whole module).

Elihu
October 12th, 2015, 20:08
Maybe i did a poor job of explaining my problem. I can still run the game with players. i just had to make 'Bob" change his name, the whole module is shared with bob but i made bob rename himself to Fred. There is no bob in the game now. My problem is every line of the module in the tabs has the circle S and says "shared with Bob". ON EVERY LINE. I cannot now track what is shared with who, I cannot remove the shared with Bob icon of the circled S anywhere or FG crashes. I did try the /flushdb on the chat line it wont work it crashes.
Thanks for trying to help.

Trenloe
October 12th, 2015, 20:31
We understand your issue, you did a good job of explaining.

If /flushdb causes a crash, then you're going to have to try re-syncing the base module - this will lose any modifications you've made to the module within the campaign only, it won't effect the base module.

I'd recommend making a backup of your campaign and trying this against the copy of the campaign, just as a precaution.

Try this (I'm repeating steps 1 and 3 from my previous post as these are important, just in case you haven't done them yet.

Make sure that the module in "Module Activation" is *not* set to "Force" or "Allow". https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Library#Module_Availability
In "Module activation" right-click on the module and select "Revert Changes" (the refresh icon in the top left of the radial menu).
Before your players join the game, get them to clear their cache. On the "Join Game" screen, ask the player the click the nuke "clear cache" icon in the top right hand corner.

Zacchaeus
October 12th, 2015, 20:33
No, you explained things very well. What we are saying is try to sort the problem without any joined players, but if you have tried all the suggestions then it might be better to export the characters, start a new campaign and import the characters into that one.

Elihu
October 13th, 2015, 03:06
We understand your issue, you did a good job of explaining.

If /flushdb causes a crash, then you're going to have to try re-syncing the base module - this will lose any modifications you've made to the module within the campaign only, it won't effect the base module.

I'd recommend making a backup of your campaign and trying this against the copy of the campaign, just as a precaution.

Try this (I'm repeating steps 1 and 3 from my previous post as these are important, just in case you haven't done them yet.

In "Module activation" right-click on the module and select "Revert Changes" (the refresh icon in the top left of the radial menu).

Thank You Trenloe your 3 steps solved my problem happy gaming guys.

Trenloe
October 13th, 2015, 04:02
Thank You Trenloe your 3 steps solved my problem happy gaming guys.
Great news! :)