PDA

View Full Version : Phandelver by Kilgore

tadkil
October 12th, 2015, 03:42
FG License: I have the Ultimate License.
Game System: 5E

Time Zone: I am in Arizona & on PST for now. Looking for folks within one time zone.
Day of week and time: Weekends with some flexibility based on group need
Start date: 10/24 to 10/25
Planned Frequency: Weekly
Term: Looking for a group of people to DM for long term. Phandelver seems like a good place to start. As an FYI, it covers about 5 levels of play. At the end of this series, we can shift into a Forgotten Realms campaign of my own creation using the same characters or use some of the material from Goodman Games or Frog God Games.

Voice: Voice preferred
Voice software used: I am familiar with Google Hangout.

Roleplay & Combat mix: The adventure looks like a 25/75 roleplay to combat campaign. That being said, I am trained as an actor and playwright and can support whatever role-playing players desire.
Number of Players in game & needed: I am recruiting 4 players as I have one friend of mine from back east who will be joining us.
Character starting level & equipment: 1st level
Character restrictions: We'll start the campaign with stock characters included with the boxed set. The available characters are:

Dwarven Cleric with Soldier Background
Human Fighter w/ Noble Background
Human Fighter w/ Folk Hero Background
High Elven Wizard with Acolyte as a background
Lightfoot Halfling Rogue with Criminal Background

Expectations: Female players are welcome. Every campaign I have run has involved women. I hope the same can be true online. I am new to FG but have run online games using Roll 20, but this will be my first campaign using FG. I have been a DM for 36 years, starting the game when I was 12. If you google Tad Kilgore you will find one D20 book I wrote for Dave Arneson as well as numerous modules for Blackmoor and Living Greyhawk. I have run over 600 tables at conventions and game days. I have newly moved from the east coast and I am looking consistent play. The three hour difference has made online play impossible for my old cohort on the east coast. I would love to develop an online group and develop campaigns for those players. I am currently running a game for my sons, wife and their friends on Saturdays and really like 5E so far. I'd like to develop a game with adults also.

Please let me know what time works best for you. Also, please give me your character preference from the above, ranking your top 3 choices. If you have played with me before at Gencon or Dragoncon any other place, please let me know & remind me how we met.

Looking forward to trying this out with some great people!

Tad Kilgore

Colfen
October 12th, 2015, 23:00
Mr. Kilgore,

I would absolutely be thrilled to join your game and learn from your vast experience as a DM. I DM a 5E game myself in person, but have not had much experience playing any version yet, despite being a fan of D&D for almost as long as you've been running it. I'm in Arizona as well and it's hard to find a game in the right time slots. Weekends are great, weekday evenings work too.

Preference by rank:
1. High elven wizard
2. Dwarven cleric
3. Halfling rogue

Preference is negligible. I'm absolutely ready and willing to play any of the above.

Gargomaxthalus
October 13th, 2015, 02:02
I have no experience with this sort of game play, despite looking for a groups for multiple systems for a year and a half, but have been reading the basic rules for 5E and have seen it played. My schedule is.... well, indefinitely empty to put it nicely. So I should be able to make most days and times work, my Central timezone is a non-issue. Either one of the fighter or the rouge should work best for me at this time. I also bought a Players Handbook which should arrive well before the first session so I will be well informed going into the game.

illithid123
October 13th, 2015, 05:26
i have just recently begun testing the waters in 5e after playing for years in 4th and even some 3rd edition and have really liked the system. i am in the central time zone and would be available my time from 9:30 p.m. Wednesday through Saturday or after 6:30 p.m. on Sundays if those times work, and just about any time on Mondays and Tuesdays. i would really enjoy the wizard or cleric but would be willing to play anything.

Vladlock
October 13th, 2015, 07:08
I would also be interested in playing. My ideal times are Sun, Mon, or Tue night anytime after 8. I am also in Arizona.

Artmaton
October 13th, 2015, 08:49
Hi Tad,
I'm new to FG and i'm at CEST zone (quite far away).
I wanted to ask how long will be the standard session?
And if you mention about weekends you prefer morning or evening?

briar8990
October 14th, 2015, 00:23
Much the same as above. Preferred nights are Tue, Wed, Fri, Sun. Experienced with 5e but first time user of Fantasy Grounds.

Top 3
-----
Rogue
Fighter (Folk Hero)
Wizard

Look forward to hearing from you!

Dan Brandt
October 16th, 2015, 00:38
Hi my name is Dan, Im 31 and love RPGs. I have extensive backstories for 3 characters
WoodElf Ranger with Unearthed Arcana variants. Raised by wolves. doesn't speak a language(gm house rule beastspeak?) My favored enemies are Orcs and Woodelves. Orcs coz they raided my village. Woodelves because they abandoned me and left me to die.

RockGnome Wizard. Tinkerer looking to create a mana battery. End game with GM approval i'd MC into Warlock (old god) my patron would be Darth Sidious(Emperor Palpatine) and he would give me insights into making a lightsabre and force training.

Human Variant Life Cleric. Found as a child by a Druid of Yggdrasil. With GM approval would MC into druid and become a Treant as a reincarnation of Yggdrassil.

I have more extensive back story upon request. I can play Thursday Friday and Saturdays and every other Wednesday. Get back to me. I'd love to play.

tadkil
October 16th, 2015, 04:24
https://media.wizards.com/downloads/dnd/StarterSet_Characters.pdf

Link to available characters.

Vladlock
October 16th, 2015, 05:57
Dibs on the folk hero

Gargomaxthalus
October 16th, 2015, 06:22
I'm definitely leaning towards the Noble Fighter more than the rest. It gives me ideas, not ones leaning towards evil or anything inappropriate like that. It's just what best caught my attention. Really, stop looking at my screen name. <(<_<)> <(>_>)>

Vladlock
October 16th, 2015, 07:26
Also, if you guys are interested, the guys that are running the FGcon right now have a teamspeak server set up that they are going to leave up year round, we could use that for voice.

Trenloe
October 16th, 2015, 07:29
Also, if you guys are interested, the guys that are running the FGcon right now have a teamspeak server set up that they are going to leave up year round, we could use that for voice.
It's actually been around, in various guises, constantly for 3 years. More info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17071-Voicechat!-Community-TeamSpeak3-Server

Colfen
October 16th, 2015, 15:31
Push-to-talk is always nice. DM's preference trumps all on that though.

PS: I'm ready to wizard.

tadkil
October 17th, 2015, 01:17
PMed everyone who made initial requests to me for the game. Once I have heard back, I will let folks know if I have any chairs available and also what characters are still up for grabs. PM if you have questions. Trying to get us started next Friday.