PDA

View Full Version : New DM to FG. Looking to run a start up campaign for The Lost Mines of Phandelver

weadyen
October 11th, 2015, 23:25
Hello, I am fairly new to FG. I have watched some tutorials on how to set it up, and get it situated. I have done that, and i have also am a GM for the paper version. I was looking to start up a starter group for the Lost Mines of Phandelver. I have an Ultimate License. If you would be interested PM me, or post here about your character.

Looking to possibly play Wednesdays at starting at 7PM EST, and possibly sometimes on Fridays Starting at 7PM EST.

This is the calendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1651

We are currently full on our "first" group. So I have created another calendar for a second group: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1658 : Feel free to apply on the new calendar, or PM with any questions.
This new session Will Hopefully be played on Sundays at 12pm EST.

damned
October 11th, 2015, 23:32
Hey weadyen! Welcome.

Check that you have set YOUR timezone correctly and suggest a date/time - it will help you shorten the recruitment process.
LMoP is a good adventure - you will pick up players quickly Im sure.

weadyen
October 11th, 2015, 23:32
Thank you for the welcome, will do.

Colfen
October 12th, 2015, 03:15
Aw man, didn't realize game calendar doesn't have "Arizona" time where we don't do daylight savings. Game calendar said 4PM my time, but it's actually 3PM. Can't make it sorry. I removed myself from the game register on the calendar.

weadyen
October 12th, 2015, 03:17
No worries.

Trenloe
October 12th, 2015, 03:35
Aw man, didn't realize game calendar doesn't have "Arizona" time where we don't do daylight savings.
You set this in your profile. Click the "Profile" link in the top right of this page, then select "General Settings" from the left sidebar. Scroll down to "Date & Time Options" and select "(GMT-7:00) Mountain Time (US & Canada)" and change "DST Correction Option" to "DST corrections always off". Then any time you view in the game calendar (assuming the GM has their time zone set correctly) will be adjusted to Mountain Standard with no DST, what you need in Arizona.

Colfen
October 12th, 2015, 03:45
Thanks Trenloe. Didn't even notice that option.

Doesn't seem to work correctly though. 6PM EST is 3PM Arizona. With daylight correction off, it's telling me 4PM. With it on, it's telling me 5PM. Neither of which is right.

Is the game on the calendar set for 6PM EST weadyen?

weadyen
October 12th, 2015, 03:47
Yes it is set for 6PM EST

Trenloe
October 12th, 2015, 04:10
Doesn't seem to work correctly though. 6PM EST is 3PM Arizona. With daylight correction off, it's telling me 4PM. With it on, it's telling me 5PM. Neither of which is right.
The calendar entry is set for 6PM EST (Eastern Standard Time) - i.e. not Eastern Daylight Time. Thus, it showing 4pm for you in Arizona is correct. It sounds like weadyen's date and time options are probably set to EST with no adjustment for daylight savings.

weadyen
October 12th, 2015, 04:12
That is correct. My date and time options are set to EST.

Colfen
October 12th, 2015, 04:14
Ah. Thanks for clearing that up Trenloe!

Trenloe
October 12th, 2015, 04:14
That is correct. My date and time options are set to EST.
Cool - sounds like everything is now showing correctly. :)

DMHERETIC
October 12th, 2015, 17:05
Hi Weadyen,
Im sort of new to FG and also have the Ultimate license. I would like to join your game. Currently i have created 2 characters(Gnome Wizard & Dwarven cleric) using the standard array scores of 15,14,13,12,10,8. I can play either or whatever the group may need.

weadyen
October 12th, 2015, 17:09
Hi, and welcome to the Group.

DMHERETIC
October 12th, 2015, 19:16
Thank you!!! Looking forward to it. Will you be using anything like Google Hangouts or Skype or will it be strickly text based?

weadyen
October 12th, 2015, 19:34
We will be using Skype.

briar8990
October 14th, 2015, 19:42
Hey there, new to FG but experienced with 5e. Willing to role any class as the party needs.

Fenris4024
October 15th, 2015, 05:29
Hi, i, like so many of the others here, am new to FG (regular license), but have been DMing pnp 5e since it released. I'd actually LOVE a chance to play in a game for once. Couple of questions:
Standard array?
Any house rules we should know about?
Cake or pie?
I can roll up nearly any class and play, though I prefer ranger, rogue or cleric.

weadyen
October 15th, 2015, 10:11
well, we do use the standard 5e rule book. We are currently full at the moment... Sorry

Fenris4024
October 15th, 2015, 15:53
No worries at all mate, Good luck on the module, and hoping its a good group for ya!!

dwg1996
October 18th, 2015, 23:43
Hello
I am new to fg and 5e as well I am in the process of creating some characters. Willing to play any type needed. Wednesday's at seven or Friday Saturday are fine for me. Please let me know what I need to do next and thanks.

dwg1996
October 18th, 2015, 23:45
I saw on an earlier post that the first game was full, but that you created a second. If you are still looking for players, I would be interested. As I posted above, I am available most evenings, am new to FG but not RPG's. I hope to be ready to go with everything by this coming weekend (I've ordered a headset with mic from Amazon, I hope to have one or two characters rolled up in 5E and maybe Pathfinder just to cover the bases). Please let me know what the next step(s) is or are. Thank you.

sporty786
October 20th, 2015, 19:12
Fairly new to fg and somewhat new to RGPs as well, though I've been around them for years. If there's still room in your second group and you don't mind a somewhat new player, I'd be willing to play whatever character you guys still need.

Frankplsr
October 26th, 2015, 18:00
I was wondering if there was other spots open, I have been playing D&D since 1978. Started with the white pamphlets. I've played other systems too, But i have always come back to D&D. I am getting the Ultimate license at the end of the week, with the Core Class Pack, Monster Core pack and a few add ons. I'm also heavily involved in DDAL as an AL-LC South Shore Montreal.....let me know if any spots open up. I've been so busy DMing for others that I don't get to play as a PC very often. Never got the chance to play LMoP...