PDA

View Full Version : Nameless Horrors - Anyone started the conversion?

MadBeardMan
October 11th, 2015, 23:16
Evening Folks,

Has anyone started the Nameless Horrors conversion?

Just asking as I forgot I owned it (I backed the 7th Ed KS).

Been reading it this afternoon whilst my kids ran around insanely in the house with their friends (very apt eh?).

So might actually convert (one adventure of the 6) ahead of Horror/BtMoM as it's 7th Ed and so means I can test Ianmwards 7th Ed ruleset.

Cheers

dberkompas
October 14th, 2015, 21:16
I've yet to find a mod/etc for 7th edition that didn't lag to the point of being unbearable.

I also backed the 7th Ed kickstarter, and would love to help with coming up with a mod to help us play 7th Ed.

I've got a little bit of FG coding under my belt, and would love to help out.

Wondering if it would be possible to use PAR5E?

BoomerET

MadBeardMan
October 14th, 2015, 21:24
Hi BoomerET,

Ianmward (can't link users can you?) has been working on a 7th Ed mod that I've used a bit (but not for gaming) as I'm using it for Horror on the Orient Express.

Have you tried it? This is the one I refer to (in case you haven't):

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?23483-CoC-7e-Rules-Extension-Release

Best look there and post there offering your help and see if he's/they're in need of it.

Cheers

dberkompas
October 14th, 2015, 21:27
I'm installing the mod right now, thanks MBM.

BoomerET

MadBeardMan
October 14th, 2015, 21:30
I'm installing the mod right now, thanks MBM.

BoomerET

Not an issue, the more the merrier testing it out. I can't wait for it myself.

Cheers

dberkompas
October 14th, 2015, 21:37
Just installed FG on my Mac using WineBottler, and the mod you linked is running dandy, no nasty lag like I've seen in the past.

I'll have to install it on my Windows 10 box and see how it behaves.

BoomerET

MadBeardMan
October 14th, 2015, 21:39
Just installed FG on my Mac using WineBottler, and the mod you linked is running dancy, no nasty lag like I've seen in the past.

I'll have to install it on my Windows 10 box and see how it behaves.

BoomerET

Cool stuff, of course it's in 'development' so any issues etc, report back to the other thread. Thanks for letting me know. I've not moved away from Win 7 yet for my dev machines....

dberkompas
October 15th, 2015, 21:02
MBM,

Care to work as a team on some 7th Edition stuff? Feel free to PM.

BoomerET

MadBeardMan
October 15th, 2015, 22:57
MBM,

Care to work as a team on some 7th Edition stuff? Feel free to PM.

BoomerET

Not sure at the moment, but might do :)

Just depends on what the other books the other folks are doing. Hence why I asked if anyone was planning/started Nameless Horrors.

Back to working on the House of R'Lyeh for the moment.

Cheers

dberkompas
October 15th, 2015, 23:13
Not familiar with that. I've never played CoC, but hope to at the next FG Con or FG Daze.

I was playing around, and started entering the pre-gens listed at the back of Nameless Horrors.

BoomerET

MadBeardMan
October 15th, 2015, 23:26
Not familiar with that. I've never played CoC, but hope to at the next FG Con or FG Daze.

I was playing around, and started entering the pre-gens listed at the back of Nameless Horrors.

BoomerET

Ok well GL if you want to do it, it's on my list to do though soonish. So, email Doug to let him know though and just post here if you want to do it.

However I'd advise that you play some CoC first to get into the swing of how it works on FG, and possibly on a shorter adventure just to get the knack unless you've done non-CoC ones before.

Cheers

dberkompas
October 15th, 2015, 23:39
I've played a few Savage Worlds games, and a couple 5E games in FG, but yea, you're right. I need to get some time on the pond, so to speak.

BoomerET

MadBeardMan
October 15th, 2015, 23:47
I've played a few Savage Worlds games, and a couple 5E games in FG, but yea, you're right. I need to get some time on the pond, so to speak.

BoomerET

Ok chap, I've started working on Beyond the Mountains of Madness (for 6E CoC) and started on Horror on the Orient Express (7E) - as what I do is flick between them. Of course Horror can't be released until the 7E is, not sure when that will be though as if you noticed Chaosium have changed hands recently and I wonder if the licence needs talking about - hence why I'd email Doug to get the all clear on doing a 7E book.

Currently though Fatal Experiments is done (in testing before release) and Canis Mysterium (also in testing before release) and I should be done on House of R'Lyeh next week.

If you need any help though just drop me a PM, or ask away here, the guys and girls on the forums are ace.

Cheers