PDA

View Full Version : Lfg-5th edition d&d

DMHERETIC
October 9th, 2015, 01:03
Hello Everyone,
New here and looking for a group have checked the boards and cant seem to find one. Hope someone can help- thanks in advance:

FG License: ULTIMATE LICENSE
Time Zone: Eastern Time(NJ)

Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Weekdays 7-10 or 11(MON-THURS)(FRI & SAT: Will require "prior clearance"):SUNDAY=anytime.

Term: I would like to find a long term group that plays D&D 5e regularly. Im new to FG but not 5th Ed.

Voice: I’m willing to use whatever voice client the DM wishes us to use.

Experience: I started with OD&D,then AD&D 1st & 2nd ed.,3.5,4th,5th(since playtest)

Fantasy Grounds Experience: New- I have played 1 session with a buddy who was testing dm'ing.

Character Type Preferred: I can play any class the group may need.

About me: I am 42 yrs old-been roleplaying since the age of 10- and im sure there will be a PHB,DMG, & MM in my coffin:)

briar8990
October 15th, 2015, 19:23
I am thinking of starting a game. Experienced DM. Probably Sunday nights. I might post something pretty soon. I'd like to try get an experienced group together, as the last few games I have played have been a bit rough.

I never actually ran Phandelver so maybe I'll start there.

Fenris4024
October 15th, 2015, 19:40
I'm also interested in playing in a 5e game. While I haven't played using FG yet, I've been DM'ing 5e since release, and would love to play in a game. I played 3.5 prior since... good god, I don't even remember.... haha. I started on 2e waaaaaaay back in the day, so I've been DMing and playing for a long while (at least 20 years).

I can fill any role the party needs, but would prefer Ranger, Rogue or cleric if at all possible (I always seem to end up as the tank somehow in groups I do get to play in)

I'm CST (US) and would be available 6pm-10pm (same as DMHERETIC) pretty much any day save for Thursday and Monday nights.
I'm good with whatever VOIP used.

briar8990
October 16th, 2015, 00:38
I invited you guys to the game calendar. Let me know if you are interested

Fenris4024
October 16th, 2015, 02:07
Crap, I forgot we're going to a concert this Sunday... (not something we do all the time of course), I accepted, but won't be around for that session... If you need someone else to take my spot, I totally understand it.

DMHERETIC
October 16th, 2015, 14:53
I would be interested in an Out of the Abyss game!! been dying to play or Dm it myself. I have played "Phandelver" recently but i dont meta game so i would be into that as well. Just have to check the time on sunday(grocery shopping and preparing for work stuff) Let me know what time your shooting for. I currently have a Lvl 1 Dwarf Cleric(life domain)(used standard array 15,14,13,12,10,8) i could use. I just remembered i have a b-day party on sunday so for me the time would have to be later in the afternoon.

briar8990
October 16th, 2015, 15:53
Since Fenris can't make it this Sunday, I am thinking of starting it next Sunday. Standard array or point buy is fine. The more you power build... the more nastys that come out of the dark..

Fenris4024
October 16th, 2015, 16:23
Appreciate you being willing to move to next sunday for me! (Sorry guys, the missus REALLY wanted to go see Shinedown, and I can't really blame her...)
Out of curiosity, are we looking for more of a balanced RP/ Hack-n-slash feel here? (That's the style I generally run, but I'll play just about anything), and we are looking more like OotA is the game? mmmmm... DEMONS...

briar8990
October 16th, 2015, 17:30
See post - Fenris and DMHERETIC, I invited you to the Calendar.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?26448-Out-of-the-Abyss-LF-Players&p=234975#post234975