PDA

View Full Version : Newbie - I want to learn/play Pathfinder via Fantasy Grounds :)

mmoplayer79
October 9th, 2015, 00:49
I'm still hoping to find anyone at all who would be willing to run a short scenario of Pathfinder via Fantasy Grounds with me and teach me, meanwhile, more about how to do all this. I am free between hours of 6am - 9am PST weekdays and anytime at all on weekends. Software I will want to use is TeamSpeak for voice chat, PCGen for character generation, and Fantasy Grounds as Virtual Playtable. I have played one small and casual session of Pathfinder via RPTools (with lots of GM help) before finding Fantasy Grounds and have played D&D in the past + too many RPGs (NWN, Baldurs Gate, etc) to name/count so I have a little familiarity with systems. I have built a Pathfinder character with PCGen and imported to Fantasy Grounds Character Management. Besides having skimmed thru some Pathfinder guides, this is all I know for now though. Please, anyone, please help me become familiar with the Pathfinder game and Fantasy Grounds? Ultimately, I think I might like to play via the Pathfinder Society. Thanks, I hope someone will reply soon.
I wanted to link/attach the character I generated in PCGen to this thread. I built him (1st lvl Gnomish Rogue) according to Pathfinder Society Core Assumption rules. I wanted to get the character evaluated by the community, and especially those used to Society play - I wonder if he's legal and ready to play game yet.
If I could only know how to link/attach the XML :( 11269 (is this <-- it? hmm? maybe ;P)
I already registered and got my Society # at Paizo, got me the Core Rulebook and Society Guild Guide (currently reading them), everything but having my character build okie-dokied should be completed already or in the works, right? I mainly just need to learn Fantasy Grounds and practice, practice, play Pathfinder.

cmdisc
October 9th, 2015, 09:16
I know it's last minute notice here, but if you want I can see about meeting up with you on TeamSpeak just for an hour or so from 6-7am or thereabouts today. I can host FG and toss up a few maps and even put you through a simple combat run to give you an idea of how things work. It will give you a little practice before the CON anyway.

If today doesn't work, then I might be able to do something on Saturday or Sunday, but later...like 11am your time.

mmoplayer79
October 9th, 2015, 19:42
either tomorrow, Saturday, or the next day, Sunday, would be awesome! I would be all for this! I would be so very thankful to you too. I will look for you on TeamSpeak today - you would be on ts.fg-con.com server then? and if i don't see you there today, i will continue looking for you throughout the weekend. your name is cmdisk on TeamSpeak too? TY TY TY!

mmoplayer79
October 9th, 2015, 19:59
you can find/poke/PM me on that same teamspeak server (ts.fg-con.com) under Pathfinder channel. My handle there is the same as this one :)

cmdisc
October 10th, 2015, 00:09
Sorry about the poor connection. But hope that helped some. :)

mmoplayer79
October 10th, 2015, 06:24
the connection bit did suck, lol, but it ain't your fault so . . . no, you're not sorry (ok?), lol ;P the tutoring you gave me was awesome, i don't feel much smarter but i know that, somewhere in the midst of all my braindeath, i have a lot of new found knowledge (ie, i learned a lot) :) ty again and again :) you are awesome, stay that way :) hope to talk with you again, take any more tutoring you'd be willing to give me, and maybe play together sometime too :) be well :)