PDA

View Full Version : Newbie - I want to learn/play Pathfinder via Fantasy Grounds :)

mmoplayer79
October 9th, 2015, 00:37
I'm still hoping to find anyone at all who would be willing to run a short scenario of Pathfinder via Fantasy Grounds with me and teach me, meanwhile, more about how to do all this. I am free between hours of 6am - 9am PST weekdays and anytime at all on weekends. Software I will want to use is TeamSpeak for voice chat, PCGen for character generation, and Fantasy Grounds as Virtual Playtable. I have played one small and casual session of Pathfinder via RPTools (with lots of GM help) before finding Fantasy Grounds and have played D&D in the past + too many RPGs (NWN, Baldurs Gate, etc) to name/count so I have a little familiarity with systems. I have built a Pathfinder character with PCGen and imported to Fantasy Grounds Character Management. Besides having skimmed thru some Pathfinder guides, this is all I know for now though. Please, anyone, please help me become familiar with the Pathfinder game and Fantasy Grounds? Ultimately, I think I might like to play via the Pathfinder Society. Thanks, I hope someone will reply soon.
I wanted to link/attach the character I generated in PCGen to this thread. I built him (1st lvl Gnomish Rogue) according to Pathfinder Society Core Assumption rules. I wanted to get the character evaluated by the community, and especially those used to Society play - I wonder if he's legal and ready to play game yet.
If I could only know how to link/attach the XML :( 11268 (is this <-- it? hmm? maybe ;P)

Mask_of_winter
October 9th, 2015, 00:45
Have you signed up for a Pathfinder game during FG Con7 (October 16-18th) ? https://www.fg-con.com/events/
Best place to meet PFS GMs that will be able to answer your questions and get your feet wet.

mmoplayer79
October 9th, 2015, 02:13
I will check out this link u gave me and attempt sign-up for a game there then. I don't have to purchase anything to play, do I? I'm broken man :( LOL.
Did you look at my character build XML here --> 11273 ??? Does this character look play-ready for my first game? Does this attachment/link even work? Idk actually how to use the attachment thingy :(
Thanks for your response. Be well :)

Mask_of_winter
October 9th, 2015, 03:05
FgCon is free for anyone.
I don't play PFS so I wouldnt know what a legal character for it looks like. But a PFS GM would. And guess what, there are 21+ PFS games for FG Con7 so your GM will be able to answer all your questions.

damned
October 9th, 2015, 03:17
No purchase required for PFS games or for FG Con games.

mmoplayer79
October 9th, 2015, 03:45
lol, ok ok, tyvm :) when i signed into FG teamspeak server and went to Pathfinder channel i ended up talking with JerryRig and he was one who actually suggested that I poke u. he said he thought u actually DM PFS games, lol :) little bit of misleading info, hmm? he meant well though :) i attempted booking multiple slots for FG Con now and looks like I've been accepted to some of these already, woot! :) I will make sure to ask all my burning questions to the DMs there. Thanks again :) Game on!

Nylanfs
October 9th, 2015, 03:55
You can use PCGen to make PFS legal characters.

mmoplayer79
October 9th, 2015, 04:29
yeah, ty Nylanfs :) i made this character earlier today --> 11276. Hoping that link works. Anyway. I made him via PCGen according to PFS Core Assumption ruleset. I believe he should be PFS legal. Check him out if you like, let me know what you think :)

JerryRig
October 15th, 2015, 04:11
your character with effects

mmoplayer79
October 15th, 2015, 06:52
Thank you. You are awesome JerryRig! The time you spent with me today showing me how to set up my abilities/effects and helping me basically get this character all ship shape and ready to play was invaluable and will not be forgotten :). As I learn more about Pathfinder and Fantasy Grounds, and when there are other's in need of help like this, I will pass it on. Great friend, sir, good form.

dulux-oz
October 15th, 2015, 07:13
Thank you. You are awesome JerryRig! The time you spent with me today showing me how to set up my abilities/effects and helping me basically get this character all ship shape and ready to play was invaluable and will not be forgotten :). As I learn more about Pathfinder and Fantasy Grounds, and when there are other's in need of help like this, I will pass it on. Great friend, sir, good form.

Yeah, Jerry's good people :)

JerryRig
October 16th, 2015, 19:55
Glad to be able to help. Karma coming full circle for me as well.

Thanks!

Ellspeth
October 16th, 2015, 20:16
Jerry is a great GM, I have been around when he helped many new people, and he was one of the first GM's to invite me into a game here on FG that I am still playing in. Hard to say why he puts up with our group, that we like to call Caljaric's Traveling Road Show and Circus. You will find this is a great place to meet a lot of people who share a passion, welcome aboard.

JerryRig
October 19th, 2015, 14:48
the answer is FEAR. Ya'll are crazy and if i can keep you off the streets for just a little while the world is a safer place!!