PDA

View Full Version : 6-month no interest and Gift Certificate options now available

ddavison
October 8th, 2015, 18:03
The 6-month no interest option was always there for US based customers, but wasn't obvious. The store page now has a direct link explaining how this works. I apologize for the non-US residents, since this is still just something that PayPal offers for those in the U.S.

On another note, you can now buy a gift-certificate for someone that allows you to select how much and just supply their email address and a personal message. They will then be able to shop and check out using that gift certificate for any purchases they make here on the store. Feel free to include Fantasy Grounds gift certificates on your birthday, holiday and other special occasion wish-lists. Similarly, these make a great way to provide rewards for players or a big thank you for an excellent DM.

JohnD
October 8th, 2015, 18:30
Nice.

Nylanfs
October 8th, 2015, 20:04
Yea!

TinCanKing
October 8th, 2015, 21:23
I'm having trouble finding the 6 month no interest link within the store page. Where should I be looking?

ddavison
October 8th, 2015, 21:34
It should be right here:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/

On the right-hand side of the screen. Let me know if it doesn't show up for you, since it is possible that there is something cached.

TinCanKing
October 8th, 2015, 21:45
It's there now! Thanks! I think the issue was on my end, cleared my cache and it appeared.

kane280484
October 8th, 2015, 22:42
Q: If a gift certificate is, lets say, 20$ and my friend wants to buy more expensive stuff, can this gift certificate cover part of the expense, with the rest being paid normally?

ddavison
October 8th, 2015, 23:27
Yes. The gift certificate will cover up to it's amount and the rest will be need to paid by the recipient in order to complete the checkout.

Dr0W
October 8th, 2015, 23:42
As a non-US resident I'd like to point that Steam might offer different options of payment for your country if you don't live on US. I've got a few friends who only bought it because Steam offered up to 1 year interest so you all get covered. :)

ddavison
October 8th, 2015, 23:49
Thanks for the additional info. We have also heard of cases where it is either cheaper or more expensive on Steam due to how they adjust pricing for different regions above and beyond a simple currency exchange. It's worth checking both options to see what provides the best deal.

Dr0W
October 9th, 2015, 00:42
Thanks for the additional info. We have also heard of cases where it is either cheaper or more expensive on Steam due to how they adjust pricing for different regions above and beyond a simple currency exchange. It's worth checking both options to see what provides the best deal.

Indeed it is. I always wondered it you guys would receive less money because we pay "less". I live in Brazil and recently our coin got undervalued. One american dollar used to cost 2 Real, but it has recently reached 4 real , it doubled and it's a prohibitive time for us to buy anything in dollar, but Steam kept the usual conversion where $1 = R$2, so we can still buy games and FG for a fair price. But I've recently seen lots of people cancelling "some other VTT" monthly subscription because now it costs a lot and I'm showing them FG. :)

JohnD
October 9th, 2015, 01:06
How do people know when someone has bought them a gift certificate?

ddavison
October 9th, 2015, 01:13
Indeed it is. I always wondered it you guys would receive less money because we pay "less". I live in Brazil and recently our coin got undervalued. One american dollar used to cost 2 Real, but it has recently reached 4 real , it doubled and it's a prohibitive time for us to buy anything in dollar, but Steam kept the usual conversion where $1 = R$2, so we can still buy games and FG for a fair price. But I've recently seen lots of people cancelling "some other VTT" monthly subscription because now it costs a lot and I'm showing them FG. :)

We get a little less, but it enables people to buy it for a fair price in their location relative to their cost of living. So, from that standpoint it is just better that they have it.

ddavison
October 9th, 2015, 01:14
How do people know when someone has bought them a gift certificate?

It asks for their email address and then it sends them the gift certificate email from PayPal with the code they can use to complete their purchases. I would also recommend sending them an email to ensure that they don't trash the email and think it is spam.

Dr0W
October 9th, 2015, 01:22
We get a little less, but it enables people to buy it for a fair price in their location relative to their cost of living. So, from that standpoint it is just better that they have it.

I agree. Not only because I get to pay less but I think that it's better selling for less that not selling at all.

damned
October 9th, 2015, 03:24
This is great Doug!

Show some appreciation to your GMs people :)

Mellock
October 9th, 2015, 17:19
Sweet to be able to gift straight from the store :p

Odd question: what if 2 people give a DM a $20 gift certificate and he wants to buy something costing $30. Can you put in multiple gift certificates on one order? Is any remaining credit lost?

ddavison
October 9th, 2015, 20:40
It looks like you can use more than one on a single purchase. Any remaining funds stay with you on your PayPal account for use on future purchases.

From the PayPal Gift Certificate Terms and Conditions:
https://www.paypal.com/rcterms

Redeeming Gift Certificates

In order to redeem your Gift Certificate you must have a PayPal account. You can create a PayPal account HERE or at the time of redemption.
Your Gift Certificate can be used solely to pay for items sold on Merchant’s website. To redeem the value associated with your Gift Certificate you will be required to provide your Gift Certificate code during the checkout process.
You cannot redeem this Gift Certificate at any other merchant or for cash.
You cannot redeem this Gift Certificate at this Merchant’s in-person store – you can only redeem it on the Merchant’s website.
Any unused value will remain on your Gift Certificate until spent.
If the amount of your order exceeds the value remaining on the Gift Certificate, you will be required to pay for the balance using PayPal.
You may use more than one Gift Certificate at a time.
For security purposes, you may be required to enter credit card or bank account information before you can redeem the Gift Certificate.

Mellock
October 10th, 2015, 11:02
Awesome, thanks!

Richard Mayo
June 10th, 2017, 19:22
It should be right here:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/

On the right-hand side of the screen. Let me know if it doesn't show up for you, since it is possible that there is something cached.

Cannot find any way to purchase a Gift Certificate.

LordEntrails
June 10th, 2017, 19:59
Cannot find any way to purchase a Gift Certificate.
If I remember correctly, gift certificates were discontinued a year ago or so do to processing issues with Pay Pal. You can simple gift/send the person money per normal Pay Pal methods.

Nylanfs
June 10th, 2017, 20:23
Alternately you can buy the stuff as a gift through Steam also.