PDA

View Full Version : LFG D&D 5E (I'm looking for a group not for people for a group)

rexx
October 8th, 2015, 09:44
FG License: Ultimate
Time Zone: Central Time

Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: I’m available every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday between 4:00 PM – 11:00 PM Central Time Saturday and Sunday after 9:00 AM - 18:00 PM. I am in the information technology field so I’m on call sometimes and may have to handle something for work but this is rare and I’m only on call once every 8 weeks.

Term: I would like to find a long term group that plays D&D 5e regularly. I am not against playing a short term game but ultimately I would like a regular group of people to play D&D 5e with.

Voice: I’m willing to use whatever voice client the DM wishes us to use. I would prefer a voice game over a text only game. I can type around 80 wpm but the game will be more fun roll playing experience if I can hear and speak with the DM and party.

Game System Preferred: D&D 5E I will also play D&D 4E I do not know pathfinder yet however I may in the future be interested in pathfinder as well.

Game System Experience: I started playing D&D with 1st and other roll playing games for years. I quit around the time I got married then picked it up again later in life with 4e. I have been playing D&D 5E recently. I have also played several other roll playing games like Shadow Run, GURPs, etc.

Fantasy Grounds Experience: New I have watched a lot of online videos and played around with FG.

Character Type Preferred: Other than a Sorcerer I don’t care what class I play. I don’t mind playing a meat shield, dps, or a healer.

About me: I am a divorced 45 year old father of four children. I have plenty of time to play roll playing games. I don’t mind playing with younger people or people my age. I am currently DM 5e a campaign with my four children. I started playing D&D about 35 years ago. I stopped playing for several years and picked it up again when my children saw my old 1st edition book collection and became interested so we started playing 4e which was the current version available at the time.

GunnarGreybeard
October 8th, 2015, 22:24
Welcome rexx. I know you said you prefer a voice over text only game but my game is open if you ever want to just run a few sessions to get familiar with FG. Even if you only play temporarily until you find another game that better meets your interests that would be cool with us. We play bi-weekly on Wednesdays from 7-9PM CST. The party could use a Cleric and the Game Calendar entry is D&D 5E - Out for Revenge (Ultimate License) (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1320). We just played last night so the next session is not until Oct 21st.

rexx
October 8th, 2015, 23:35
The link you posted does not seem to be working for me.

damned
October 9th, 2015, 03:29
Welcome DMHERETIC! You sound a similar age to many of the folk around here.

Id suggest that you watch a couple of videos and that you sign up for one or two 5e games at https://www.fg-con.com/events there are Adventurers League games which have some restrictions and requirements plus there are some other 5e sessions running. I know you are looking for a weeknight game but there are games on at all sorts of times for FG Con so if you can fit it in I think it will be useful for you.

You will get a great intro to Fantasy Grounds and 5e and importantly you will meet other players and GMs which will help you find more games and maybe even a long term game.

Its completely free to play but you must register and book and for AL you need to get your character to the GM ahead of game time or check if there are pre-gens available.

Dont be shy either - there are plenty of other really great games being run by other great GMs.

I think GunnarGreybeards calendar has been set to Private...

rexx
October 9th, 2015, 03:48
Thank you for all the tips. This is great information to have. I have been reading the links people have sent me via pm as well as your post to this thread. Please keep this wonderful information coming. I have been watching the instructional videos available via the wiki. I'm looking forward to being an active member of this community.
Regards,
Rexx

JohnD
October 9th, 2015, 04:18
Welcome rexx... keep at it and you'll find something. Also, it's very cool you're introducing your kids to a healthy imagination - that will serve them well for their entire lives.

rexx
October 9th, 2015, 04:46
It's great bonding time with the children. It's something that is fun we can all do together. I think it helps them with more than just imagination. I think it also helps them with critical thinking and how to solve problems using your brains. Thanks for the warm welcome :)

GunnarGreybeard
October 9th, 2015, 08:40
The link you posted does not seem to be working for me.
Sorry about that, forgot the campaign is set to 'Not accepting players' so it's probably not accessible. I went ahead and sent you an invite via the Game Calendar so you should be able to accept that and then have access. Once the invite is accepted you should be able to poke around in the discussion section of the calendar and see the other information. No obligations if you feel this is not for you, stay as long or as little as you like, just try to give me a heads up so I can adjust any encounters before the next session.

I sent some information via PM but for reference, PC races are limited to any of those in the PHB (check the current Player list in the Game Calendar for the current race/class breakdown). The game is also low magic/fantasy (magic but very few magic items). It was originally intended as a one shot to give people FG experience but the group decided they wanted to continue it as a regular campaign so there is a develops as it goes along sort of general story. I can give you notes from the last few sessions so you can get an idea of what is going on.

Just let me know.

rexx
October 10th, 2015, 04:39
Thanks GunnarGreybeard, I accepted the calendar invite but did not receive the pm. I created a level one dwarf cleric using fantasy grounds. Is there a way I can send this character for your review or do you want me to use a premade? I'm looking forward to joining the group. I am still going to look for another group however I don't see a reason I can't play more than one group so long as the game times do not conflict.
Regards,
Rexx

GunnarGreybeard
October 10th, 2015, 08:17
Rexx, you should be able to export the .xml file and then upload it to this forum thread and Ill grab it and import it into my campaign.

rexx
October 10th, 2015, 18:50
Please let me know if this cleric is OK for the campaign or not.

rexx
October 10th, 2015, 18:52
Please let me know if this cleric is suitable for the campaign.

rexx
October 10th, 2015, 18:53
This is the same character sorry for the duplicate post.

Mphillips51501
October 10th, 2015, 20:52
I would love to play if you are still looking

Mphillips51501
October 10th, 2015, 20:53
I would love to have you join up with my game that I am putting together

GunnarGreybeard
October 10th, 2015, 21:29
Please let me know if this cleric is suitable for the campaign.
Looks good, already imported. Any questions between now and the next session just let me know. I will put together some background info from the last few sessions and PM you so you have it for reference. Just an FYI, there is a story being fleshed out but most of the time we play fast and loose, nothing serious. Just some head banging of bad guys with some intrigue thrown in to keep the party guessing.

rexx
October 10th, 2015, 22:24
GunnarGreybeard,

Can we do a connectivity test before the next session? I have yet to use FG to connect to someone and would like to test that prior to game session time. Please PM with a time you are available that I can test the connectivity prior to the next session.

Thanks

rexx
October 10th, 2015, 22:26
Mphillips51501,

Can you give me some more information? What game are you playing? When do you play? etc.
Thanks,
Rexx

GunnarGreybeard
October 10th, 2015, 22:32
Rexx, I have a few minutes right now, before getting some sleep before work tonight. I won't be around but will leave server up and the server alias is in my sig.

rexx
October 10th, 2015, 22:57
Connection test worked great. Thanks

GunnarGreybeard
October 10th, 2015, 23:31
Good deal.

rexx
October 12th, 2015, 06:50
I'm still looking for a group. I've updated my time availability to include time on Saturday and Sunday. I have also purchased an ultimate license since I intend on use the FG tool for my campaign with my family. I am in the future run a game of my own once I learn FG more.