PDA

View Full Version : So I'm attempting to work on a Kineticist and am having a problem adding a blast

BlindManJoe
October 8th, 2015, 01:20
First off I am new to FG and this is my first attempt at adding spells of ANY kind so its a bit of a test having to manually make the spells for a Kineticist.

The issue I am having is that on the damage roll for the spell:

Multi x Stat (Max)

I can't set the multiplier to half. I have tried typing 0.5 and it simply doesn't let me input that. Yet with a weapon I can do 0.5 stat multiplier on a damage roll?

Hope this is the right place to be asking this question.

Trenloe
October 8th, 2015, 15:23
Historically there hasn't really been a need for spells to have a half ability modifier (that I can think of).

Just put a manual modifier in the "Bonus" field to give the correct overall modifier.

BlindManJoe
October 8th, 2015, 17:04
Thanks for that I figured it was worth bringing up in case I was missing something. Due to the diversity of the classes "spell" being able to be changed in many different ways this is going to be crazy how many I need to me. xD

Trenloe
October 8th, 2015, 17:15
Look into using effects (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/3.5E_Effects) and the Player Effect Removal extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?21546-Player-Effect-Removal-Extension) to manage the different options.

BlindManJoe
October 8th, 2015, 21:09
So far the issues I have come against that will require me manually editing spells are:

Depending on the "spell" in this case a [Wild talent] or an [Infusion] both use separate base stats for their save DC.
Damage dealt with energy blast rather than physical blast require 1/2 con mod in damage calculation rather than full.
No way to automatically "apply" burn for using spells/infusions [Burn] is essentially the limiting factor in a Kineticist ability to prevent infinite casting.

Not sure where I would put this info to be viable.

bhalverson
November 1st, 2015, 20:32
It's actually quite an easy fix... I'd request it be included in the next patch. I recall this used to be something that you could do when I first joined Fantasy Grounds, but since then, has been removed for some odd reason due to UI layouts of spells, etc.

Under the 'Spell/Ability Damage' window for a spell called, let's say, "Kinetic Blast."

[d6] x [Odd CLs] ([0]) + [0] + [0.5] x [Con] ([0]) + [0]

So changing the field that permits multiplication Constitution, this will permit you to always add half of the total of your current Constitution score. In events such as Elemental Overflow, where you can add more con, and events such as Bear's Endurance, this will automatically shift every time your con score changes. Again, for some strange reason, you're able to add 1.5 as a modifier, but anything with a 0.XX, it negates completely as soon as you begin clicking elsewhere or close the window. Simply change the field to allow 0.00 as the starting value. Might be blowing smoke, but that's all I recall from my programming class haha; the one I failed ;_;

EDIT: Also noted that, as easy as it sounds to simply add a fixed bonus to offset this, when you start using abilities such as Empower to begin altering your damage dice, this set bonus really stirs up the bee hive. Having that Multiplier fixed to allow 0.5 will allow Fantasy Grounds to move with the times and function with the Occult Classes. My two cents...