PDA

View Full Version : PFS #6-13: Of Kirin and Kraken (7-11/lower, NORMAL, 1XP/2PP, Sovereign Court)

HoloGnome
October 7th, 2015, 00:15
Game On! See the Calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1645) for scenario details. I would like to run this one at subtier 7-8.

This scenario contributes to the storyline of Sovereign Court.

Lord Kavos
October 7th, 2015, 02:48
Hey buddy, thanks for the invite to this one, would love to play it, but it's a bit late on a Sunday night for me (9pm start - I get up for work at 6am so wouldnt allow for much sleep)

A day or 2 earlier would work, that would be Friday or sat night which works well for me...

xazil
October 7th, 2015, 03:57
I'll come along :)

HoloGnome
October 7th, 2015, 05:16
Sorry LK...guess it won't work out. :( I'm booked except for game times.

Lord Kavos
October 7th, 2015, 05:43
all good buddy.

Wouldnt mind playing that adventure - Julius played the prequel a couple of years ago, but I can't operate on 3 hours sleep for work the next day :-(

cmdisc
October 7th, 2015, 08:32
As of right now, my schedule is free. So I can bring my 7th level support cleric along assuming she survives the session before.

bigboom
October 7th, 2015, 12:38
I'm up for this as well and will bring a pregen. Like the previous session, I'll bring whichever class is needed to round out the team!

HoloGnome
October 7th, 2015, 13:03
Ok...sounds good!

LK - you need a sleep compression algorithm.

Lord Kavos
October 8th, 2015, 00:00
I thought u would suggest taking a pillow to work...

HoloGnome
October 8th, 2015, 02:52
Well...that is another reasonable strategy.

cmdisc
October 8th, 2015, 05:45
What's all this talk about sleep when there's gaming to be done? Get your priorities straight, people! :D

HoloGnome
October 8th, 2015, 17:23
I think the word "Kraken" is too scary for Australians, who are only used to regional K animals that are warm and fuzzy, like Koalas, Kangaroos, and Kiwis (in NZ). They're just obsessed with K's. So, a fear response is only natural. I blame Clash of the Titans (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOo4e5fPVQ4). Ahhhh!!! Sea Monster!!!

Lord Kavos
October 8th, 2015, 22:49
I think you are mistaken buddy... Although animals starting with K seem our friendliest, there are still killer Ks over here...just like every other letter :-)

HoloGnome
October 8th, 2015, 23:27
Kippers. Well, they're dead.

tahl_liadon
October 9th, 2015, 15:41
joining if there is slot open.

pc stats and token/portrait files attached.

GM BK
October 9th, 2015, 18:17
unfortunately, something has come up and it looks like i'll have to drop from this one. Sorry! Good luck, everyone! :)

HoloGnome
October 9th, 2015, 21:15
Hi Tahl - there is space, but your character xml has not been converted from Hero Lab. See the Beacon Below thread. Also, prefer that you play something in sub-tier, if possible. Have you used Fantasy Grounds before?

HoloGnome
October 9th, 2015, 21:16
I ran this scenario as CORE this week and it took about 4.5 hours - lots of fun!

Lord Kavos
October 9th, 2015, 23:02
4.5 hours u say...I see you are still trying to tempt me to play HG...

Any chance the game can start an hour earlier? I could play then...5hrs sleep should be enough for me to function at work...

HoloGnome
October 10th, 2015, 00:12
Yep - ran it last night (no optional). OK, LK - I'll get up at 3AM if the others agree to the switch. It looks like the only other early riser would be Tahl, assuming the character is in order, etc.

cmdisc
October 10th, 2015, 01:43
The time change means a 12 noon start for me. Gee, I don't know if I can swing that. :p

Ok, Ok, I'm good for it if everyone else is. :)

bigboom
October 10th, 2015, 03:32
An earlier start is no problem for me!

Lord Kavos
October 10th, 2015, 04:23
Here are Julius' files buddy...

If the time change doesn't work for all i'll still play, but a strict 1am finish for me will apply.

So hopefully we can run in 4 hrs if that's the case.

xazil
October 10th, 2015, 05:03
Er, stiil. Ill change over to Phorynous my cleric as he is from Tian and doesnt have overlap with Julius like Janek does.

Lord Kavos
October 10th, 2015, 06:26
Janek has a different style to Julius, so you can play him still buddy if u want to...

Julius is all about scouting, trapfinding & attacking with empowered intensified touch spell sneak attacks - Janek is more battlefield control that Julius is...

Lord Kavos
October 10th, 2015, 06:32
You may want to prep the 11th lvl pregen just in case bigboom - if we end up in the high tier (looking that way even with the 7th lvl version) you may as well bring out the bigger gun...

HoloGnome
October 10th, 2015, 07:59
This session is intended to run in the 7-8 subtier, so we won't need a pregen/11. Among other things, it is CON practice for me to run 7-8's within 5 hrs. So, please bring characters that are in subtier as much as possible. A 9 is OK as long as it doesn't break the APL. If we have to do the 4-player adjustment, that's fine. Thal - your Hero Lab export xml is not formatted correctly for FG and I would prefer that you bring a character that is in-subtier. Also, any of you is always welcome to play a pregen. Thal do you have a different character that is formatted correctly and have you used FG before?

xazil
October 10th, 2015, 08:20
I think we have three 7s, two 9s and a 10. That gives 8.16, rounded to 8 and thus lower tier for a 7-11. I didn't think the level 11 pre-gens were part of the PFS legal package...

HoloGnome
October 10th, 2015, 08:41
I would prefer not to see a L10 PC in a st7-8 run. It distorts party balance and undermines level-appropriate challenges and DCs. Too many OOS characters also push the same limit, in-APL or not. Not too long ago, I had to GM for a 1-2 where someone brought their 4th level in a 1-5. It was an auto-win run

tahl_liadon
October 10th, 2015, 14:43
i am unable to play at the new time slot... thanks for accepting application.

HoloGnome
October 11th, 2015, 15:08
Great game, everyone! Full success in 3hr. 45min.! w00t! :)

bigboom
October 11th, 2015, 15:30
Thanks again especially to HG and CM for easing me into Pathfinder! Been a fun weekend for me! Hope everything goes smoothly for you guys next weekend!

HG, if it's not too late, instead of applying both chronicles to one new level 1 character, can I apply each to a separate new level 1 character? So one chronicle to level one character #1. And the second chronicle to level one character #2.

If it's too late or bothersome, then not a big deal - I'm OK to stack them both on a single level 1 character. Thanks!!

HoloGnome
October 11th, 2015, 17:15
Sure - no problem...and you're welcome! Just send me the other PFS ID. ;)

HoloGnome
October 14th, 2015, 07:54
I have reported this game and you should all have your chronicles.