PDA

View Full Version : SIZEing things up

Zacchaeus
October 6th, 2015, 20:46
(Guess who's going through the 5e effects Wiki)

Anyway, I can't get SIZE to work so I'm wondering if you guys have got it to work or whether 'tis a buggette (or, of course, once again I'm doing it wrong).

As far as I can tell something like IFT: SIZE >=(medium); ADVATK should work. In other words if the target is greater than or equal to medium then we get advantage with attack rolls. I've tried this with IF: as well and with the >= inside and outside the brackets and with just medium and with other sizes etc etc but I can't get it to work at all. The size bit just gets ignored (or else it's returning true all the time), going straight to the ADVATK bit and giving advantage to all attacks. I've also tried it with various other things like DMG etc and that again just gives the extra damage to all damage rolls not just to the targets of the correct size.

darrenan
October 6th, 2015, 21:29
I'm assuming the ITF: above is a typo and you were actually trying IFT: ?

Zacchaeus
October 6th, 2015, 21:33
I'm assuming the ITF: above is a typo and you were actually trying IFT: ?

Indeed you assume correctly, original post edited. Well spotted :)

Trenloe
October 6th, 2015, 22:32
Looking at the code it appears that the SIZE conditional won't work in two particular instances:

Any operator (>, <, >=, <= or =) in the conditional effect will break the sSizeCheck code in checkConditional in scripts\manager_effect.lua in the 5E ruleset (line 1270).
Base SIZE effects won't work for NPC targets as the check is being made against the "type" field of the NPC, not against the "size" field. Line 588 in scripts\manager_actor2.lua.

Which pretty much covers most instances - except when checking a singular size of a PC.

Zacchaeus
October 6th, 2015, 22:42
Thank you Trenloe, I will zoom over and bug report this right away.