PDA

View Full Version : I want to play Pathfinder via Fantasy Grounds!!!

mmoplayer79
October 6th, 2015, 06:49
Hello.
I'm new to Pathfinder. I just downloaded and installed Fantasy Grounds (free version). I'm currently researching, reading guides, signing up for Paizo's Pathfinder Society, etc, etc.
I am RPG addicted for years, having played games like Neverwinter Nights and Baldurs Gate as well as too many MMORPGs to count. I have played only a few D&D sessions many years ago (very casual with friends and I'm not sure what edition). I miss the personal touch and creative spark that I remember from tabletops like this. Too many MMORPGs are shallow of content and playing them gets old really fast.
I am going to continue familiarizing myself with the Pathfinder sites and guides, signing up and stuff, but in the meantime, if anyone would be willing to show me around Fantasy Realms and teach me more about creating a Pathfinder character and playing games via Fantasy Grounds it would be very appreciated.
I will be downloading and installing TeamSpeak/OverWolf, too, so I will have voice chat ability when learning/playing.
Please reply ASAP and tell me whether you might consider helping a total newbie. I would like to start playing Pathfinder via Fantasy Grounds. Thanks and good day :)

Nylanfs
October 6th, 2015, 22:18
FG Con 7 (https://www.fg-con.com) is next weekend, check it out.

mmoplayer79
October 8th, 2015, 03:00
will do, tyvm :) i still need to finish reading through the Pathfinder Society Guild Guide to familiarize myself with the game and then create my preferred character - Kami Hiromi (Gnomish Rogue to be multiclassed with Sorcerer for build of something like Arcane Trickster/Spellthief). i will try and get myself set up and familiar enough with game to play online this weekend too. be well :)

Nylanfs
October 8th, 2015, 14:06
Be a ware that the Society Guide is for organized convention and play in stores and is a more restricted subset of the rules. Most home games are not using the Society rules.

mmoplayer79
October 9th, 2015, 01:53
yeah, that's what i hear and i know it's gotta be true. i hope that i don't have to buy a bunch of stuff all the time to play society but i tell u, i want to play society because it seems there is more availability to play games - i am only online - and the rules are standardized so i will come to expect a style of GM that will not change much. i like a simple, fair game, being able to rely on times/dates, and opportunity to always find a game when i would play. this is why i want to play society. otherwise, i made this character 11272 earlier today in PCGen according to Society Core Assumption Rules and maybe it's legit and ready to play my first game? idk. i will keep reading guides and hoping for someone to come along and show me how to play Pathfinder more and using Fantasy Grounds - a casual (no "minmax" players) session would probably be ideal :) thanks :) talk again later, take care :)

mmoplayer79
October 9th, 2015, 01:58
would you recommend that I read thru all the Core rulebook? or what parts are really necessary to know by heart when I am just player? let me know if you know of casual-like home games that i might play in online? i will do all that GM asks me to for game :) like make a home-game character instead? I am free to learn/play game weekdays 6am - 9am and after 5pm PST. I am always free to hang out, learn/play on weekends too :)

ddavison
October 9th, 2015, 02:38
Be sure to check out the game calendar with open slots.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/gamecalendar/dashboard.php

damned
October 9th, 2015, 03:16
Hey mmoplayer79! I see you have signed up at FG Con. You could ask the GM of that session what stuff they would recommend that you read.

mmoplayer79
October 9th, 2015, 03:37
ty damned and ddavison :) i will do what you suggest. you guys have fun with Pathfinder and Fantasy Grounds :) Game On!

Mask_of_winter
October 9th, 2015, 03:38
I think we found our mascot!