PDA

View Full Version : currency encumbrance + moving multiple items

Ken L
October 6th, 2015, 02:13
To add in currency encumbrance, it was suggested to create an actual 'coin' item and give it weight, but if you award 2000 coins, drag drop is limited to one. I've yet to determine how to move a 'stack' of an item other than by tracking the number amount and changing it manually.

The end game is for it to announce to chat as it does for single item transfers:

<player name> -> <PARTY> (100 gold)

and vice-versa.

dulux-oz
October 6th, 2015, 02:52
I'm actually working on this already, and its scheduled for release Soon(TM) (as soon as I can get the testing done) - its part of an Extension able to interact with the new "shopping" functionality in the new version of my Locations Database Extension. :)

Moon Wizard
October 6th, 2015, 03:10
I thought there was code to transfer all of an item stack using Ctrl or Shift. Not at my machine right now to look up.

Cheers,
JPG

dulux-oz
October 6th, 2015, 03:23
I thought there was code to transfer all of an item stack using Ctrl or Shift. Not at my machine right now to look up.

Cheers,
JPG

The drag-and-drop part? Yes, I think there is.

Nickademus
October 6th, 2015, 03:35
Hold Shift and drag.

Ken L
October 6th, 2015, 03:55

Works, is there a way for set a specific amount? perhaps for a party of 4, they want to split the 2k as 500gp each.

dulux-oz
October 6th, 2015, 04:00
Works, is there a way for set a specific amount? perhaps for a party of 4, they want to split the 2k as 500gp each.

The party sheet does that type of split when you transfer to the party members - but not if the "coin" is an "item", only if it is a coin value

Moon Wizard
October 6th, 2015, 04:12
You could drag and drop the coin link to copy the entry and change the values. I don't think there's anything built in to split items automatically.

Regards,
JPG

Ken L
October 6th, 2015, 05:53
I'll just whip up an extension to add weight totals for coins.

Weepdrag
February 27th, 2016, 20:25
Sorry to ressurect a dead thread, but did this coin weight extension ever happen? And if so, will it work for 3.5e?

Thanks in advance