PDA

View Full Version : Question about 5th edition with regard to the ultimate license

Jotver
October 4th, 2015, 04:36
OK I am thinking about running a Rage of Demons game for some friends using fantasy grounds, I have not yet bought a license. My questions is this, I know that I have to buy the Rage of Demons book, but will I also have to buy the monster manual and the core rulebook to be able to play that? My concern is the price to do all of that.

kylania
October 4th, 2015, 06:20
Nope, Out of the Abyss comes with everything needed to play it. All the maps and monsters. So OOTA + Full/Ultimate license is enough. The Core Class pack is helpful since it's basically the PHB and allows your users to drag/drop characters, but you can get by with just the adventure module and license in a pinch.

The Monster Manual is usually just for home brew campaigns. All modules so far have come with everything needed to play it.

Jotver
October 4th, 2015, 07:42
Thank you so much, I really wanted to use this instead of roll20 and I was not sure I could afford it!

kylania
October 4th, 2015, 07:49
Another thing to remember is that you only need the Ultimate license if you want Free Licenses to join your game for, umm well, free. If everyone has Full Licenses then you don't really need Ultimate.

ArteF
October 4th, 2015, 12:22
I'm still wondering about the DMG, things like Eladrin race are in the DMG but some DMs will homebrew it or not allow it at all. V_V

I'm wondering if the two example races will be added to and come with the PHB module or if they will be a part of the DMG module.

damned
October 4th, 2015, 13:47
I'm still wondering about the DMG, things like Eladrin race are in the DMG but some DMs will homebrew it or not allow it at all. V_V

I'm wondering if the two example races will be added to and come with the PHB module or if they will be a part of the DMG module.

If they are a part of the DMG they will come with the DMG. To date SmiteWorks have stuck very closely to the physical works in their releases - they havent added or subtracted content to the products.

Nylanfs
October 4th, 2015, 19:25
Also note that if you buy from the Smiteworks store you can get a 6/mo payment plan through Paypal.

Trenloe
October 4th, 2015, 19:53
Also note that if you buy from the Smiteworks store you can get a 6/mo payment plan through Paypal.
Indeed you can. Note: this is only available to people living in the USA and requires a minimum purchase of $100.