deathwish47
October 3rd, 2015, 23:44
Ruleset: ShadowRun 4.0E
Setting: Seattle 2072
Party Size: 4
Game days: Sundays 8:30PM Eastern
Starting Day: 10-25-2015
Style: Voice chat (Teamspeak)
License Needed to Play: None; host is ultimate licensed.

Looking to start up a ShadowRun game for Sundays at 8:30PM Eastern. I hosted one nearly 2 years ago, loved it and want to try again.
We used forums/threads to establish buying/selling items, chatting with NPCS to develop character story, and PC interactions. I named it "Downtime Mode" and I may or may not use this system depending on party demand. Link to old Campaign for info: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20817-NEW-Shadowrun-Campaign
I try to accommodate the needs of all players, ranging from action to in depth roleplay.

If applying, please try to not mirror other player characters and be diverse (Role-Wise).

Party Make up:
Tony/Bear [Combat Medic]
HogarthUndead
Katrex
Marswipp [Tinker/Hacker]

For the purpose of character creation, I am using the standard 400BP system. In order to obtain restricted items, you must make a contact that has access to such gear.

If you wish to apply, you are acknowledging that you have read this post and can make a 2 hour game at the listed time.
Please post a character you are considering and any questions you may have.

Laucian
October 4th, 2015, 00:19
I'm definitely interested. It's been a while so I'd need to go and reread the 4e book but I'd love to play.

deathwish47
October 4th, 2015, 00:19
What kind of character were you thinking?

Laucian
October 4th, 2015, 00:28
Not sure, I've played 5e recently so I need to go and figure out the differences between editions first. I tend to play "simple" non-caster characters though, I'll try to figure out what I want to play as fast as possible. Any house rules to be aware of? Standard character creation? Anything you'd prefer we stay away from?

deathwish47
October 4th, 2015, 00:36
I am pretty open about character creation, you may wish to take a sample character and tweek it to your liking. OR you may use the 400BP system to make your character.

deathwish47
October 4th, 2015, 23:19
Updated OP: Includes restrictions on character creation.

Andrepartthree
October 5th, 2015, 15:55
I was one of the players in the campaign two years ago he mentioned - deathwish is an awesome GM! :) ... he put a TON of effort into the campaign and made it a lot of fun for everybody :) ... I found him to be VERY dedicated to making sure everyone had a good time :) .. he went so far as to open up an RP forum for the campaign and RP'ed the heck out of various NPC's who would interact with your PC outside of FG game sessions , if you're a fan of that sort of thing (I definitely was :) ) you'll have a blast there too :) ... I was a complete newbie to the Shadowrun rules and learned it "on the fly" (started out just reading the rules that applied to my PC in particular in the rulebook then went on and read the rest of the rulebook after that) and didn't have any problems at all far as rule knowledge or lack thereof hampering me ;) ..

(btw Deathwish you're totally invited to my upcoming Iron Kingdoms campaign.... 3 to 5 years from now when I finally have it up and running :P .. sadly no time to be a player anymore :( , all the spare time is going into said campaign I just lurk on FG every now and then like a creepy stalker :P ... ) ..

Basically , if you sign up for this campaign you'll have a really good time :) ... like most GM's I found that deathwish really appreciated players who took the time to come up with a fully fleshed out character background/personality and who took the time to role play and get into character during game sessions :) ..

Marswipp
October 5th, 2015, 21:40
This is beginning to sound more and more interesting. Any idea on the initial story arc?

By the way, I do have a character idea cooking.

deathwish47
October 6th, 2015, 00:07
Thank you for the kind words, Andrepartthee! Miss those good times!

Like I stated, I try my best to make the game enjoyable for everyone. A game is only as good as its players want it to be, and as enjoyable as its DM makes it.

My first game was that the party was hired out by a rigger who subcontracted jobs for the party. Each week they had 3 missions to pick from but only had time to do one. The world would react to which job that they did and how they did it. Ultimately the party went the greedy route and picked jobs that paid the most, but they attracted the most attention and had a bounty hunter after them as well as got mixed into a triad yakuza war. The open world concept was so that players could develop their character to a very detailed degree and bond with those in the party. It honestly went well but the party broke apart due to time constraints and other reasons that are personal.

For this campaign, I am going to give it a bit more story and a little less open world. Specifically, the adventure will be placed at Seattle 2072, when the lone star contract was not renewed and the knights were taking over security for the government of Seattle. I do not want to give away a big part of the plot, but corporate espionage is going to play a huge role into this story.

As of right now, I am working on drawing maps (I suck at those map tile programs) and creating encounters.

deathwish47
October 6th, 2015, 00:09
(btw Deathwish you're totally invited to my upcoming Iron Kingdoms campaign.... 3 to 5 years from now when I finally have it up and running :P .. sadly no time to be a player anymore :( , all the spare time is going into said campaign I just lurk on FG every now and then like a creepy stalker :P ... ) ..

Deal!

Marswipp
October 6th, 2015, 01:00
So, a tech geek and green security agent for a corporation just might work...

deathwish47
October 6th, 2015, 01:08
In all honesty, ANYTHING will work. assassination attempts might happen, hacking, kidnapping, etc. Anything can happen and most certainly it will all good wrong ;)

Marswipp
October 6th, 2015, 01:47
Sounds interesting. I'll send you the notes I have on the character idea, deathwish.

Laucian
October 6th, 2015, 02:27
Right now I'm thinking either a Monowhip wielding infiltrator, Adapt Martial Artist, or a Sniper(Although I'm not sure if that one's viable). I'm gonna make them and see which I like better. Anyone have any comments?

deathwish47
October 6th, 2015, 09:24
Snipers are always useful!

deathwish47
October 8th, 2015, 21:42
The game date is going to be pushed back a week until we get enough players.

Marswipp
October 9th, 2015, 02:51
I did say I was interested in playing, and have forwarded a character concept. Is it safe to assume we'll be using the FG TeamSpeak community server?

deathwish47
October 9th, 2015, 03:16
I did say I was interested in playing, and have forwarded a character concept. Is it safe to assume we'll be using the FG TeamSpeak community server?

I know and you are added to the list, but we still do not have a full group.

We will be using FG TS.

Nylanfs
October 9th, 2015, 03:57
I can't play, but did post to the two SR forums I'm a part of so hopefully that will bring some players in.

deathwish47
October 9th, 2015, 14:22
I can't play, but did post to the two SR forums I'm a part of so hopefully that will bring some players in.

I am sorry... what?

Nylanfs
October 9th, 2015, 15:21
https://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=41349

https://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=22247.0

Every once in a while a discussion will pop up there talking about starting an online game.

deathwish47
October 9th, 2015, 15:28
Thank you Thank you!

Laucian
October 11th, 2015, 02:53
Alright, I got one maybe two people interested, hopefully they post shortly.

deathwish47
October 11th, 2015, 03:36
The only person that has finalized a character with me is Marswipp.

Marswipp
October 11th, 2015, 14:50
I still have some finalizing to do. There were errors on the original submission...

deathwish47
October 11th, 2015, 19:10
I still have some finalizing to do. There were errors on the original submission...

FG will be up for you all day! :)

HogarthUndead
October 11th, 2015, 23:16
Howdy, I'd love to join if you'll have me. It will be my first time playing on fantasy grounds, and it has been years since i have played SR4.0, so if either of those are a problem let me know. I have an adept face (if that isn't taken) 95% finished in chummer. I can transfer him over to fantasy grounds as soon as i figure out which of the SR4.0 rule sets we're using (i found 2 for fantasy grounds).

deathwish47
October 11th, 2015, 23:49
It is the brand new, it is still not complete but easy to work around

Nylanfs
October 12th, 2015, 00:42
Howdy, I'd love to join if you'll have me. It will be my first time playing on fantasy grounds, and it has been years since i have played SR4.0, so if either of those are a problem let me know. I have an adept face (if that isn't taken) 95% finished in chummer. I can transfer him over to fantasy grounds as soon as i figure out which of the SR4.0 rule sets we're using (i found 2 for fantasy grounds).

Welcome to the forums and community Hogarth!

HogarthUndead
October 12th, 2015, 04:59
Thank You! Here (https://www.sendspace.com/file/0od4q8) is a .htm of my character. I'm still working on getting most of it transferred over to Fantasy Grounds.

deathwish47
October 12th, 2015, 05:16
Looks good, now we just got to put it into FG.

Marswipp
October 12th, 2015, 15:35
I completely missed the server time yesterday. Will you have it up at other times throughout the days before the slated start time?

deathwish47
October 12th, 2015, 17:04
I will just leave it up for yea.

Nylanfs
October 12th, 2015, 17:14
Also note that you can create the character on your side and export to send to the GM.

Marswipp
October 12th, 2015, 17:22
I'm aware of how the system works. I simply started the process on his server, and wish to finish it there.

HogarthUndead
October 12th, 2015, 22:03
After trial and error (and youtube videos) I think i have most of it in FG now. I am new to this however, so i have no idea if i am doing it right :-). I am trying my best though. Take a look and let me know what I'm doing wrong. For example I don't seem to be able to get "use edge" to work or my weapons to roll. Thanks for putting up with my newness.

Katrex
October 14th, 2015, 02:53
Hi there I'd be interested in playing, I'll send you a character concept in a moment.

Nylanfs
October 14th, 2015, 16:52
Welcome to the community Katrex! :)

Katrex
October 14th, 2015, 23:27
Im very much a roll 20 guy have no idea what this is, but thanks!

deathwish47
October 15th, 2015, 02:45
Came here just for my shadowrun game? I am flattered!

Katrex
October 15th, 2015, 05:20
Anyway sent you a pm on character concept let me know if you like it.

anima110
October 16th, 2015, 15:44
this seems fun do you still have room?

xwillfx
October 16th, 2015, 17:22
I would love to play if there is still room I would like to play an Eladrin Rogue. Possibly a druid if that is allowed. I will have everything ready to go. Let me know if there is still room. I can commit to the every Sunday. I am new to FG but a fast learner. I have watch the tutorials. Thanks!!

Nylanfs
October 16th, 2015, 18:35
xwill I think you posted in the wrong thread. This is for Shadowrun. :)

tlavalle
October 17th, 2015, 21:16
are you still looking for players?

deathwish47
October 18th, 2015, 13:13
I am still looking for players. I need to push back another week because I only have 2 players so far. Lots of people say interested, no one submits anything.

HogarthUndead
October 18th, 2015, 16:07
For those of you who are interested but haven't submitted a character, is there anything any of us can do to help you? Thanks for the patience deathwish, I'm sure we'll get a solid group of runners together eventually.

bmoore1969
October 18th, 2015, 20:36
How do I submitted a character

Katrex
October 18th, 2015, 21:30
I was kinda waiting for you to say yes or no to my concept before creating the characters crunch

MasterSgt James
October 18th, 2015, 22:45
I'm interested, Been LFG for a while now.

damned
October 19th, 2015, 01:11
Woot - looks like this is starting to come together!

tlavalle
October 19th, 2015, 01:48
Ok I will send concept to you deathwish

Nylanfs
October 19th, 2015, 03:16
Welcome to the community MasterSgt James, and we live close together too. :)

Katrex
October 19th, 2015, 05:52
So how exactly does one make a character on this site... Im much more of a roll 20 user.

Marswipp
October 19th, 2015, 16:21
As far as I know, characters are made by hand via the program, either connected to the host's server or offline. License type does limit flexibility, too.

Nylanfs
October 19th, 2015, 16:53
You can download the ruleset and input you character made using the book and then export and post to here or send to GM, or wait for his campaign to be up and create it on his side.

If this is your first experience with SR I recommend Reading the 4e Quick Start Rules (https://www.shadowruntabletop.com/wp-content/uploads/Downloads/Shadowrun%20Quick-Start%20Rules.pdf).

Katrex
October 20th, 2015, 02:23
ah no im a veteran shadowrun player just not used fantasy grounds.

HogarthUndead
October 20th, 2015, 17:47
Once you download and install Fantasy Grounds, you will need to install the SR 4 files. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24935) Once it is installed you should be able to load sr4 as your system, and than load the sr4 rule set to drag and drop skills and some equipment onto your sheet. Youtube videos helped me a lot with figuring out what to do. Things will look a little different in the videos since we aren't playing d20 DnD, but it should still help teach you how to load rule sets, create characters, export characters etc.

If you want to import my character sheet to see how it looks filled out feel free, I'll also be posting an updated version soon hopefully. Getting everything in can seem a little daunting at first, but it isn't terrible especially since you can drag in skills and some equipment. Apparently there is a way to copy and paste even more equipment and other things from the books into the SR4 files so you can drag and drop them as well. Unfortunately that is a little beyond my ability/understanding at the moment, so i just entered it manually on the sheet.

I hope that helps some.

HogarthUndead
October 20th, 2015, 18:00
Here is a quick explanation of how I got my character loaded into fantasy grounds. I personally found youtube videos to be a big help with showing me how to do all this.
1. Install Fantasy Grounds
2. Install Install SR4 for FG (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24935)
3. Launch FG
4. If you have a free license, i believe you can make a character in character management, or on the GMs server. I have a person license so i just made a campaign. Either way Be sure to select SR4 as your rule system
5. Once in the virtual tabletop, load the SR4 rule book so you can drag and drop skills and more. Note: Apparently you can load even more info into the file to drag and drop, but i''m afraid that is beyond my scope.
5. Fill out your chracter sheet. Drag and drop the skills and equipment you can while manually entering the rest.
6. To export type "/exportchar (chracter name)" with no brackets or quotes and with your characters actual full name as it is on the sheet.

I hope that helps at least a little.

Katrex
October 21st, 2015, 09:11
finally figured out how to do it, but man is it slower than chummer

HogarthUndead
October 21st, 2015, 23:27
Here is an updated version of my FG character sheet.

HogarthUndead
October 22nd, 2015, 03:32
What sort of power level are all of you ending up at? I'm at around 14 dice on my best skills and 7-9 on some of my auxiliary skills. Of course Shadowrun has a huge variability when it comes to dice pools, and I know there is theory crafting on the forums on how to have a 400bp starting char with around 40-50 dice on social skill roles. So should i be going for crazy stacking or is it cool to stick with less heavily theory crafted builds?

Katrex
October 23rd, 2015, 01:53
Im building quite sensibly instead of powerfully im like 10-12 dice on a wide pool of skills. But I have thingslike false front lots of contacts and such which are hard to quantify in power.

Nylanfs
October 23rd, 2015, 02:28
Don't forget extra life styles and Safe Houses (https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/99534/Shadowrun-Safehouses)!

Laucian
October 23rd, 2015, 04:15
Yeah my highest is Longarms 15(17 Sniper Rifles)

HogarthUndead
October 23rd, 2015, 22:57
Awesome sounds like we are all in the same ballpark as far as dice pools go :-).

Marswipp
October 24th, 2015, 22:41
Deathwish, any confirmation on the start day?

deathwish47
October 26th, 2015, 03:34
Today I will open up Fantasy Grounds and TS for those who need to put their toons and finalize in FG.

HogarthUndead
October 26th, 2015, 15:13
I made a few corrections and fixes to my sheet, mostly fixing some things with boosts since i figured them out, and putting descriptions on some things like contacts. I might as well just upload it myself if you have your FG server open, but I unfortunately don't think i have the information to access it. Is the TS server in question just the FG TS server? I hopped on FG's TS first thing after waking up and seeing the new post but unfortunately no one is in there under Shadowrun.

dentos
October 30th, 2015, 18:56
I would love to play as well if you still have space, I have a character made up on hero lab already, but i cant the get the ruleset to play nice to transfer it to FG. it would be a human Security consultant if that's fine.

damned
October 31st, 2015, 01:21
hey dentos - i dont think the import from herolab works for shadowrun...

dentos
October 31st, 2015, 03:24
thanks, i was planning on just transferring the info in fantasy grounds i just used hero labs as a proofing system so that i don't break my character's build and then have to try and figure out what i did. as well HogarthUndead do you still have the link to the video you used to trouble shoot the SR install?

damned
October 31st, 2015, 04:13
Are you using v1.0.5?
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2lfM8KN50STd2NnbC1RZ0I1QkU

dentos
October 31st, 2015, 04:21
yes

HogarthUndead
October 31st, 2015, 17:31
Deathwish, are we getting started tomorrow? What do you still need from us? I haven't received any info on how to get into your FG server, or responses to my private message. Does that mean I'm not going to be in the game and should stop working on my character and responding on this thread? Sorry, but I'm a bit confused by the lack of communication.

ianmward
November 1st, 2015, 00:34
hey dentos - i dont think the import from herolab works for shadowrun...
No, it doesn't.
I did add support for Savage Worlds a while back and have played with doing one for Shadowrun, but it's not there yet. I will probably do it for the SR5 version when that gets to the top of my priority list :-)

astarsearcher
November 1st, 2015, 02:10
Interested in playing if you're still open to new players!

Laucian
November 1st, 2015, 02:18
Unfortunately it seems my work schedule has changed and I won't be able to play. Sorry about the late notice, thankfully there seem to be enough replacements.

deathwish47
November 1st, 2015, 14:37
HogarthUndead and to all others, if your name is in the first post, you are in.

Sorry it is taking so long to start up this game. Work, and among other things, is making this take longer than it should.
The game will be pushed back for one more week, but I promise you it will be epic and ready to go next Monday!

Marswipp
November 1st, 2015, 19:08
You mean Sunday? (If it is Monday, I won't be able to participate, as I've all ready got the time slot filled.)

deathwish47
November 1st, 2015, 20:43
You mean Sunday? (If it is Monday, I won't be able to participate, as I've all ready got the time slot filled.)

Whoops, Sunday!

astarsearcher
November 1st, 2015, 21:06
If you want a fifth, I'm available. I make a great inflitrator/decent shooter.

tlavalle
November 2nd, 2015, 02:08
no game tonight?

deathwish47
November 2nd, 2015, 02:42
no game tonight?

Next week, my job is preventing me this week.

Marswipp
November 6th, 2015, 01:53
Just to make sure everything is clear, the game start day and time are Sunday, November 8, at 20:30 UTC-5 bar further last-minute interference?

HogarthUndead
November 6th, 2015, 23:07
I put together a quick dossier for my character with some downtime today, figured I might as well share it. Also I'm posting the newest/most up-to-date version of my character.

PS. DoB is wrong on the dossier, forgot to change it from the template default.

HogarthUndead
November 8th, 2015, 16:30
Are we still planning on playing tonight?

HogarthUndead
November 9th, 2015, 02:30
Is this Shadowrun game still going to happen? Last i heard we were starting tonight but deathwish is a no show. I am really exited for Shadowrun, I've even been watching Leverage and playing Payday 2 to help tide me over.

Nylanfs
November 10th, 2015, 02:28
Here, this may help tide you over. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GPGQoR6f6w)

Marswipp
November 16th, 2015, 03:34
I'm beginning to wonder if things fell through...