PDA

View Full Version : [LFG] 2 Players LF 5e Weeknight Game Mon-Thurs EST (USA)

Viv
October 3rd, 2015, 20:04
FG License: One is free, other has Ultimate
Time Zone: EST USA
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Weekly Mon-Thurs 9pm EST
Term: Long term campaign
Voice: Yes

Game System Preferred: D&D 5e
Game System Experience: One has been playing since the beginning of 4e, the other is fresh player
Fantasy Grounds Experience: One has experience with both playing and DMing in FG, the other is brand new

Character Type Preferred: One wants to play Cleric, Warlock, Rogue, Bard, Wizard, or Druid, other wants to play Barbarian, Bard, Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Rogue, or Sorcerer

About us: I can't speak for what the newer player wants, considering she hasn't played and doesn't know yet, but from my experience, I prefer there to not be a focus on either roleplaying or combat, but rather a genuine focus on making both interesting, putting in the work to include character building through plots involving their backstories and making combat challenging so characters feel like they've accomplished something. I personally tend to switch up whether I'm talking in character or talking in third person about my character depending on the situation. I like to throw in jokes and generally have a good time laughing with everyone at times, and hanging out, and I think this is necessary to offset the other aspect of the game which should definitely exist, which is a roleplaying experience full of great character interaction and story. Basically, I like a real fantasy roleplaying experience, but I'm not so serious about it that I want everyone to always pretend to be their character and be crazy about it.

deathwish47
October 4th, 2015, 00:26
What time frame on Monday are you both open? I have a game going that may not have stable players.

Viv
October 4th, 2015, 06:12
9pm EST is when we could start. Sorry I forgot to mention the actual time in the post, I'll edit that now.

damned
October 5th, 2015, 07:49
Welcome Viv - have a look at https://www.fg-con.com/events - lots of sessions in all time slots on Friday/Saturday/Sunday and new players are very welcome.
There are lots of Pathfinder and a bunch of 5e sessions plus some really cool Savage Worlds and Cthulhu games and so much more.

All games are free to play, most require no experience (the pathfinder ones probably do require some experience and the higher level ones certainly do) - you just need a free/demo (or better) version of fantasy grounds, teamspeak 3 client and a headset and mike.

Joining in a session here will help you meet other active players and GMs which may help you find a game that suits your timing in the future.

baker7378
October 6th, 2015, 19:22
Viv... are you looking to run a game or join? if you are wanting to run then I am looking to join a weeknight group because weekends are harder for me but during the week I am wide open... let me know I am pretty open and love playing.