PDA

View Full Version : UI Glitching when clicking around

Doats
October 3rd, 2015, 19:41
Yesterday I started having an issue with the UI, namely, it really doesn't work due to the abstract-est of errors. Whenever I click on say, Load Campaign, it works on the second or third try. Then, when I try to press the campaign I want, it reverts back to the FAQ Menu, ie, where it was before. I try to click again, it goes back to the load campaign view. Eventually after enough spamming of this it'll load the campaign up. The error is much the same in the game view. Clicking an icon yields it appearing, clicking anywhere inside it or outside it causes it to disappear. Clicking any other icon or even the game board's background causes it to disappear. To access another icon I either have to spamclick outside of the menu or close it with the red x, then I can open another menu.

Exiting to the launcher or quitting the game completely also takes a few tries when doing it through the radial menu.

The menus themselves are also pretty glitchy, trying to move them causes them to make a jump; the center of the menu moves to the mouse pointer instead of where I clicked. Typing things in usually gets aborted after 2-8 letters, needing you to re-click in the field you want to type.

I've made sure the game is updated, restarted my computer more than once, tried a reinstall and finally made sure it was running as admin. I'm using the gurps_4e.pak as ruleset, in case that'd make a difference.

Moon Wizard
October 3rd, 2015, 21:32
It sounds like there is some sort of problem with your mouse or keyboard perhaps. Something seems to be causing lag/offset for mouse events delivered to Fantasy Grounds, and something is causing the focus to shift for text entry (probably extra mouse events).

* Which OS are you running?
* Are you using a standard keyboard/mouse; or is there something unique on your setup?
* Are you using a touch screen?
* Are you using a tablet drawing accessory? (i.e. Wacom, etc.)

If you are running on Mac, you might want to turn on the compatibility flag in the Settings and try again.

Regards,
JPG

Doats
October 3rd, 2015, 21:46
I'm running W7, nothing fancy about the KBM. No extra peripherals connected either. I ran FG2 on my mac with the exact same setup and it ran fine. I seriously doubt this being a glitch with my hardware; its the exact same stuff I had a year ago and FGII worked like a charm then.

It also doesn't feel like lag or desynchronization with the mouse. The effects aren't as random as they sound. The UI is operable, just at a seriously decreased rate and with some annoyance, due to the extra needed clicking.

Moon Wizard
October 3rd, 2015, 22:45
The core portion of FG that handles the keyboard, mouse and screen display has not changed for several years; so it seems like there is something that changed. Almost all changes have been with the API or UI code. Also, this is the first report I've ever had for this issue, which leads me to think there is something unique on your machine.

It doesn't necessarily sound like a lag issue, though I didn't want to rule that out. It sounds like the application is receiving extra mouse click events somehow (which could cause UI button click misses and text entry to lose focus). That's why I was asking about touch screen or other peripherals.

I would normally suggest looking at graphics driver too, just in case. Maybe try turning down graphics options for FG through the driver.

Are you running on a laptop?

Regards,
JPG

damned
October 4th, 2015, 01:03
What video card do you have?