PDA

View Full Version : Possible Character database corruption Error

stevenyuko
October 3rd, 2015, 09:04
I have an activated ultimate Account. every time I enter my character under "Character management" window, Once I close out FG, and try to re-open FG at a later time, I get the below error: "Possible Database corruption Error.

This is an error I can re-create over and over. When I go to the folder move the file over as instructed, and try to re-open FG, its just the generic 1 level character thats always there when you first start. I have also tried to import each of the XML files in that folder and they are all 1 level characters. Not the character I wasted the last hour setting up. For those who will ask me if my account is really activated;

I have literally uninstalled and re-installed the entire application to see if I might just have a corrupt install.. Still getting the same error after I create a new character and close out FG and re-open.

I also went to Steam and verified the integrity of the program, all was well;

I've invested a pretty penny into this program over the past couple of days, I hope its not useless to me. :cry:. I'm running it on a MAC with a Steam install.

Here are the files I see in that folder:

Trenloe
October 3rd, 2015, 14:51
This sounds like the application isn't exiting cleanly. When you come to leave the application try right-click on the desktop and select "Exit Program" from the radial menu, don't just close the window. See if this saves the data correctly.

stevenyuko
October 5th, 2015, 09:04
This sounds like the application isn't exiting cleanly. When you come to leave the application try right-click on the desktop and select "Exit Program" from the radial menu, don't just close the window. See if this saves the data correctly.

It appears that's the case. If you exit using the mac quit menu item then the above will happen every time. It must be an issue within wineskin and the app not saving before wineskin closes out.

damned
October 5th, 2015, 10:19
It appears that's the case. If you exit using the mac quit menu item then the above will happen every time. It must be an issue within wineskin and the app not saving before wineskin closes out.

thats good to know. i wonder if it only happens in character management and not also in the main game as it hasnt been reported before AFAICR...?