PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Grounds II on Drive Through RPG?

senjak
October 1st, 2015, 19:01
Is there a difference between Fantasy Grounds Ultimate and Fantasy Grounds II that is available from Drive Through RPG? Are those modules compatible with this version of Fantasy Grounds?

I'm a bit confused and want to make sure what I'm buying before I spend the money on it.

Thanks!

Senjak

BnaaUK
October 1st, 2015, 20:05
Way back when I first brought it, the difference was that you could use PayPal on the OneBookShop stores like RPGNow and DriveThru. Now, even this is no longer true. So I originally brought my copy on DriveThru, but upgraded to ultimate on the Fantasy Grounds site. I don't see the subscription options on DriveThru though.

I believe that it's just another option to buy the software, it's also available on Steam. The software works the same way though as it downloads its files from the same place, updates work the exact same way.

Be sure to sign up to DriveThru with the same email address you use on these forums as it links your account, meaning you get access to all updates for the modules and rulesets that you purchase automatically. Though I believe there is a manual linking for previous purchases too.

senjak
October 1st, 2015, 21:19
Thanks! That is good to know as I was looking at the Ultimate edition. Ultimate upgrades are for Cybermen.

Senjak

kylania
October 2nd, 2015, 16:47
Do remember that the only difference between Ultimate and Full is that Free users can connect to Ultimate DMs.