PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of buying have question

kridak
October 1st, 2015, 02:23
I do the Gming for our games, i work on my home computer to do all campaign prep during the week and then when we play on the weekend i use my work laptop at the table.

It sounds like if i am reading the rules right that this is not allowed?

Am i correct? Do i need 2 licenses???

Kridak

damned
October 1st, 2015, 04:07
Hi Kridak yes that is correct the licensing agreement is for one user one computer but the devs have on the forums stated that you can install it on two computers so long as they are both for your use and you are not using FG on both at the same time. Many people do what you want to do - prep on one and play on another. You can do this.

senjak
October 1st, 2015, 16:01
Thank you! That is the exact question I had.

I like to prep on my home machine that has two monitors 1920x1200 and then drag my laptop along to gaming. I keep everything on a dropbox account so that as long as I can see the network I'm able to get my files.

Trenloe
October 1st, 2015, 16:10
I like to prep on my home machine that has two monitors 1920x1200 and then drag my laptop along to gaming. I keep everything on a dropbox account so that as long as I can see the network I'm able to get my files.
Word of warning: Do not use Dropbox (or any similar cloud sync service) for your FG live data (i.e. the FG app data directory). There have been reports of the FG campaign data getting corrupt. You can use Dropbox to manually backup FG data from one PC and then manually copy it to another, but don't add your FG app data directory to the automatic sync.

kridak
October 1st, 2015, 18:08
Thank you so much for the answer!

Damn thanks for the dropbox warning...i was going to install directory right in dropbox!!!!

I will instead manually copy as you suggest...thank you that would have sucked monkey balls!

Kridak

llothos
March 8th, 2016, 04:09
The EULA states that you have a license to use one copy of the software on any one system and that the license is not transferable to any other system. In other words you are not allowed to install the software on several computers.The software itself cannot tell what computer it is running on and as long as no two players in a game are using the same license, the software will assume the above to be true.

Taken from their website. They basically say it's against the rules BUT they have know way of knowing if you do it.

Moon Wizard
March 8th, 2016, 04:34
We have specifically stated that it's okay to install a copy on your home computer and another copy on your laptop using the same license, in order that GMs have flexibility in working on their campaigns.

We do have ways of tracking license usage, but we generally don't enforce unless heavily abused.

Regards,
JPG