PDA

View Full Version : Savage Worlds v4.2 available as beta

Ikael
September 30th, 2015, 20:21
Savage Worlds v4.2 version has reached to beta-phase and if you switch your FG into TEST or DEV mode and update you will get this newest version! This update provides following features:

[Feature] Targeting feature streamlined. Targeting is enabled always by default but only Attacks and Powers utilize targeting. Other trait dices can be used to do targeting by dropping dices on CT/token
[Feature] Bennies can be dropped on Shaken indicator to consume a benny and remove Shaken status
[Feature] Bennies can be dropped on pending damage section in CT to make soaking roll
[Feature] New radial menu options for Bennies: Use benny to soak, remove shaken, re-roll trait
[Feature] Shaken and Incapacitation icons can be middle-mouse clicked or dragged to start related rolls. Alternatively user can right click on the indicator and select new option to make to roll
[Feature] Holding CTRL down will transform Shaken and Incapacitation indicators into buttons. Clicking the button will make related roll
[Feature] Holding CTRL down will reveal new button in CT's pending damage section: Soak. Clicking the button will make soaking roll and consume a benny
[Feature] Soak button added to character sheet and to minisheet. Clicking the button will make soaking roll and consume a benny
[Feature] Shaken Recovery and Soak rolls are linked to combat tracker. Successful Shaken recovery will remove shaken status and soak roll will apply result to pending damage section
[Feature] New option: Auto-roll Shaken. Determines if Shaken roll should be rolled automatically
[Feature] New option: Auto-roll Incapacitation. Determines if Incapacitation rolls should be rolled automatically
[Feature] New effect keywords: Wounds, Fatigue and Encumbrance. These will reduce corresponding penalties
[Feature] New effect keywords: Shaken, Soak and Incapacitation. These apply modifiers to given rolls
[Feature] If "Auto-roll Incapacitation" option is enabled CT will be rolling Incapacitation and Bleeding out according to rules
[Feature] New field added to weapon sheet next to damage which can be used to determine if damage is lethal or nonlethal. By default all damages are lethal
[Feature] Making trait, attack and damage rolls from CT entries supports all roll-related features
[Feature] Effects can assign specific value for derived stat (such as Blind reduces parry to 2)
[Feature] Effects can adjust trait dice types. For instance "Strength +2d" would increase combatant's strength by 2 dice types
[Feature] If NPC added to combat tracker without assigned token, a default letter token will be assigned
[Feature] Trait/Attack/Damage rolls made from hotkeys use live values
[Feature] Ranged weapon's Mininum Strength requirement can be beyond d12, such as d12+5
[Feature] Following abilities registered to ignore wound penalty: Nerves of Steel (1), Improved Nerves of Steel (2), Construct (3), Undead (3)
[Feature] Following abilities registered to ignore wound penalty for incapacitation rolls: Hard to Kill (3), Harder to Kill (3)
[Feature] Following abilities registered to auto-apply modifier to Shaken recovery rolls: Combat Reflexes (2), Construct (2), Undead (2)
[Feature] Following abilities registered to auto-apply modifier to Soak rolls: Elan (2)
[CoreRPG] Language feature updated to use CoreRPG version
[CoreRPG] Character selection updated to use CoreRPG version
[CoreRPG] Dropdown template updated to use CoreRPG version (combobox)
[Module] Built-in effects updated to contain effect modifiers
[Module] Command, Inspire, Fevor and Hold the Line! abilities added to predefiend effect list
[Dev] Any trait rolls can be easily made programmatically
[Dev] Register trait modifiers which will be applied to certain trait rolls
[Dev] Register ignore penalty abilities which will reduce certain damage penalties
[Dev] Register pre-defined trait rolls
[Dev] Register custom roll handlers which are applied after normal dice handling
[Dev] Derived stat base calculation setup supports maximum and minimum values
[Dev] Register custom record source types to enable CoreRPG's custom item drop handling
[Bug] NPC and vehicle names could overlap with wildcard/hostile tool
[Bug] Lockpicking, Persuasion and Streetwise, links fixed in Deluxe Player Guide
[Bug] Module NPCs did not have unskilled-skill
[Bug] Party inventory tab-page was unaccessable
[Deprecated] Wild Card tool removed
[Deprecated] Unnecessary options removed thanks to streamlined implementation: "Shortcut keys for Targeting", "Targeting indicator state after roll", "Shortcut key for disabling Damage Penalties"

We hope to see people trying out this new version and providing us feedback and/or possible issue reports. Beta-phase will last for some weeks until we push it as live version (if no deal-breaker issues are found!)

Known issues:

Effect adjustments are not taken account to NPCs who are not active and when there is more than one instance of given NPC in the combat tracker. For instance 5 Skeletons (from the same NPC sheet) in the tracker, and one has effect that adjusts rolls. If the Skeleton is not currently active in the combat tracker, these modifiers are not applied to rolls automatically. This issue is relevant only if NPC needs to make roll outside his own turn.

Ikael
September 30th, 2015, 20:21
Benny related feature highlights, see attached images.

Special notes:

As GM make sure you are using Combat (GM) option: "Auto-apply Damage results" as Confirm. Otherwise pending damage features won't be used in your game.
When you consume a benny to make Soak roll it willroll from that character's Vigor. If the character has Elan edge, then +2 is automatically added to the roll and showed in the final result
Soak roll results are automatically updated to pending damage section (to field Soak as numeric value). If there are multiple pending damages (why you lazy GM!!!) then the soak roll result is applies to only one of them: If the roll is made from specific pending damage it will apply to it, otherwise it applies to the first pending damage
GM still has to manually apply pending damages (allows him/her to manually adjust the outcome if needed)

Ikael
September 30th, 2015, 20:22
New action button related highlights

Special notes:

Shaken recovery rolls will take account automatically following edge/ability modifiers: Combat Reflexes (+2), Construct (+2), Undead (+2)
Successful shaken recovery roll will remove Shaken status automatically
Soak rolls will take account automatically Elan (+2)
Following edges/abilities will reduce damage penalties from any trait rolls automatically: Nerves of Steel (ignores up to 1-point of wound penalties), Improved Nerves of Steel (ignores up to 2-points of wound penalties), Construct (ignores up to 3-points of wound penalties), Undead (ignores up to 3-points of wound penalties)
Following edges/abilities will reduce certain trait roll penalties automatically: Hard to Kill (reduces up to 3-points of wound penalties from Incapacitation rolls), Harder to Kill (reduces up to 3-points of wound penalties from Incapacitation rolls)

Ikael
September 30th, 2015, 20:23
Other miscellaneous, but important feature highlights

Special notes:

Supported effect keywords:

Name of any Attributes (example: Strength +1)
Name of any Skill (example: Fighting +2d)
Name of any Derived Stat (example: Parry = 2)
Armor: adjusts armor value that can be pierced with AP
Defense: adjusts all defensive values (parry and ranged to-hit)
Cover: adjust ranged attacks to-hit values ("Cover +2" changes that you need to score 6 to hit instead of 4)
Attack: adjusts all attack values (melee, thrown or ranged etc.) If you want to adjust only certain type of attack you should use name of skill (example Fighting +2).
Trait: adjusts any and all trait rolls
If any attribute's name is used as effect keyword, adjustments will also affect any and all skills linked to that attribute (for example Agility -2 affects Fighting, Stealth, Swimming etc skills as well)
Damage: adjusts any and all melee damage rolls
Name of any penalty (Wound, Fatigue, Encumbrance) to adjust penalty modifiers
Shaken: adjust Shaken recovery rolls
Soak: adjust Soak rolls
Incapacitation: adjust incapacitation rolls

Any trait keyword can be adjusted either by modifier (ie. Fighting +1) and/or dice adjustment (Fighting +1d)
Any Derived stat can be adjusted either by modifier (Parry -2) or by assignment (Parry = 2)

Ikael
September 30th, 2015, 20:33
targeting placeholder

Dr0W
October 1st, 2015, 03:40
Holy sh... Ikael.

damned
October 1st, 2015, 04:18
Ikael's the man! And kudo's to any others (phantomwhale?) who are also working on this with you!

Dr0W
October 1st, 2015, 04:19
I honestly dropped a tear when I saw that you implemented not only one of my most desired features that was auto-rolling for shaken status but SO MUCH MORE...

Just tested all of them and all of them worked like a charm. Except one thing that I'm not sure if it's working as intended (But it's something that I really wouldn't care).

If any attribute's name is used as effect keyword, adjustments will also affect any and all skills linked to that attribute (for example Agility -2 affects Fighting, Stealth, Swimming etc skills as well)
I tested this and it really works. But if I use Agility -1d my Agility does get -1d but the linked skills won't. I don't know if they were supposed to get 1 less die or what, just reporting. :)

Thanks a lot once again. This update made me wet.

Dr0W
October 1st, 2015, 06:22
Bug Report:
Powers are not correctly tied to the correct skill, they now choose a random skill when you cast. Changing the number of skills a character has makes it use different skills for it. Example: My Magic user was using Athletics to cast it's spells. Then I added another skill and it started using Shooting for some unknown reason. Changing the type of power doesn't make the skill change, you keep using the same skill. Reverting back to Live fixes the problem.

Ikael
October 1st, 2015, 19:11
Bug Report:
Powers are not correctly tied to the correct skill, they now choose a random skill when you cast. Changing the number of skills a character has makes it use different skills for it. Example: My Magic user was using Athletics to cast it's spells. Then I added another skill and it started using Shooting for some unknown reason. Changing the type of power doesn't make the skill change, you keep using the same skill. Reverting back to Live fixes the problem.

Excellent find thank you. This issue is resolved and will be fixed in the future patch. Keep up the good catchin'

I tested this and it really works. But if I use Agility -1d my Agility does get -1d but the linked skills won't. I don't know if they were supposed to get 1 less die or what, just reporting.

This is expected result. No rules in Savage Worlds have stated that dice type adjustments on attributes should affect linked skills as well, however modifiers such as in Entangle power states that modifier to attribute also affects linked skills

Dr0W
October 1st, 2015, 21:01
Thanks a lot!

Ikael
October 1st, 2015, 23:07
Attached extension contains sample codes which demonstrates latest developer API features:

[Dev] Any trait rolls can be easily made programmatically
[Dev] Register trait modifiers which will be applied to certain trait rolls
[Dev] Register ignore penalty abilities which will reduce certain damage penalties
[Dev] Register pre-defined trait rolls
[Dev] Register custom roll handlers which are applied after normal dice handling
[Dev] Derived stat base calculation setup supports maximum and minimum values

This is quick sampler and might contains some bugs, but the main idea is to provide it for those who are interested in reading codes through to learn how you can customize Savage Worlds for your needs. Without latest SW API changes doing the same feature would required approximately 100 times more code and it would be very likely conflicting with other extension. With latest API doing these customizations are breeze.

Load up the extension and as host do the following to utilize sampler features:

Create PC character
Click the speaking bubble icon on PC sheet's upper right corner to make that PC as GM identity (you will see it's name below chatbox when this is done and when writing to chat you see that you present that character)
Sample features allows host to use following slash commands to make trait rolls for activated identity:

/attr [attribute] -- to roll character's attribute trait. For example "/attr strength" to roll strength. Any and all trait features are applied to these rolls automatically, say if you have setup effect to boost strength it's taken account here. Codewise you can make these rolls by using following lua code:
TraitManager.makeAttributeRoll(CharacterManager.ge tActorType(nodeActor), nodeActor, sParams)
/skill [skill] -- to roll character's given skill trait. For example "/skill notice" to roll notice. Any and all trait features are applied to these rolls automatically. Codewise you can make these rolls by using following lua code:
TraitManager.makeSkillRoll(CharacterManager.getAct orType(nodeActor), nodeActor, sParams)
/overdrive -- this is custom action that will use lowest of character's spirit and vigor as trait dice and will include overdrive derived stat's value to the roll as well. If you succeed in this roll you will get Overdrive effect which boosts your attack, damage and toughness -- This is purely sampler and doesn't come from any setting

There are also few abilities that will affect overdrive rolls: Relentless and Calm. If character has Relentless ability any wound penalties are ignored from overdrive roll. If character has Calm hindrance all overdrive rolls will have -2 penalty

Sampler also contains additional dice handler customizations: Display more information about trait and wild dices
When making damage roll and if that score exceeds victim's natural toughness by double, victim becomes prone

These samplers are just small part of the big picture. Check codes out and try some fancy customzations and ask if you want to know more.

Dr0W
October 2nd, 2015, 04:47
I'm getting a
Script Error: [string "rollmakers.lua"]:49: attempt to call field 'getTraitNode' (a nil value) error when I try to use /overdrive.

So far I've only been able to use the commands as GM, can they be made accessible to players too? Also, one thing that I'd love to do would be make the players able to use effects on themselves (apparently it's not possible), so I could possibly create an action that applies that as a buff, right?

Ikael
October 2nd, 2015, 06:12
I'm getting a
Script Error: [string "rollmakers.lua"]:49: attempt to call field 'getTraitNode' (a nil value) error when I try to use /overdrive.

So far I've only been able to use the commands as GM, can they be made accessible to players too? Also, one thing that I'd love to do would be make the players able to use effects on themselves (apparently it's not possible), so I could possibly create an action that applies that as a buff, right?

Forgot to mention that this extension depends on the latest beta version which will be available soon. Meanwhile you can read/review codes. This sampler is meant to be used only by host, but it's possible to make it work for players also. However I have no plans to update the extension further. This is not going to teach you how to code, the purpose is to showcase newest developer features.

Doswelk
October 3rd, 2015, 10:46
If all goes to plan I will make a video today highlighting some of the new changes...

Doswelk
October 4th, 2015, 14:25
Video uploading now....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSfWF3rGc3Q

Crymoricus
October 4th, 2015, 14:54
What an upgrade. I mean, it was already just awesome. But wow...

dulux-oz
October 6th, 2015, 07:35
Bug Report

Hi Guys,

On the Weapons Window (Items=>Weapon) if you have a Weight (eg 10) and a value of "Lethal" but no other fields filled in (apart from the name), when you Lock the record the "Lethal" and the Weight overlap and become unreadable

Just thought you'd like to know

Cheers

Ikael
October 6th, 2015, 10:52
Bug Report

Hi Guys,

On the Weapons Window (Items=>Weapon) if you have a Weight (eg 10) and a value of "Lethal" but no other fields filled in (apart from the name), when you Lock the record the "Lethal" and the Weight overlap and become unreadable

Just thought you'd like to know

Cheers

Good find, I made fix for this and it will be in the next update patch

Ikael
October 6th, 2015, 10:53
Video uploading now....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSfWF3rGc3Q

The video is extremely good! The pacing is superb and all the nice new features are described so nicely. I recommend everyone to check this one out.

Dr0W
October 7th, 2015, 22:05
Bug Report
If a NPC doesn't have the required skill and needs to make an unskilled roll (Not having fighting skill to make a melee attack or not having the shooting skill to shoot), the Unskilled roll doesn't work at all.

Edit: Also noticed that npcs that have Nerves of Steel don't get wound penalties ignored like it used to nor having Undead like it works now for PC.

Edit2: Just stepping by to say that thanks to this I've been able to implement a /fulldefense slash handler that rolls Fighting+2 and creates a "Full Defense [Parry = ".. rRollResult.totalScore .."]" effect. I'll keep on playing with this and learning my way around.

Ikael
October 9th, 2015, 22:04
Bug Report
If a NPC doesn't have the required skill and needs to make an unskilled roll (Not having fighting skill to make a melee attack or not having the shooting skill to shoot), the Unskilled roll doesn't work at all.

Edit: Also noticed that npcs that have Nerves of Steel don't get wound penalties ignored like it used to nor having Undead like it works now for PC.

Edit2: Just stepping by to say that thanks to this I've been able to implement a /fulldefense slash handler that rolls Fighting+2 and creates a "Full Defense [Parry = ".. rRollResult.totalScore .."]" effect. I'll keep on playing with this and learning my way around.

Thanks again, your beta-testing is really fruitful. I was able to capture the issue where "Nerves of Steel" or "Undead" abilities won't reduce penalties. It's fixed now and commited onwards. However either I do not understand and/or cannot reproduce the Unskilled issue. For instance in my example if NPC doesn't have the required skill to make Shooting attack it will it will make the correct unskilled roll for it. Even if I have edited the "Unskilled" entry it will be taken account in those situations. Could you provide me more details how it's not working and maybe step-by-step guidline to reproduce it. In any case I really approciate your help. My personal time is lacking "free slots" more and more, but still I want to make this update be awesome. Your feedback makes this possible :)

Dr0W
October 10th, 2015, 00:28
Got some more testing done and noticed that problem is with the War of the Dead ruleset. The NPCs there lack the "<< Unskilled >>" skill making it impossible for it to be rolled. I tried deleting the Unskilled skill from a common NPC and the unskilled rolls really stopped working.

So it's not really a "bug", but if the NPC doesn't have an Unskilled skill it won't work. More than that, if I end up deleting the "<< Unskilled >>" skill like I did, what's the best way to add it back to an NPC (since I can't easily reproduce those << >> using my keyboard)? Keep up the good work and thanks again for the awesome update!

Ikael
October 10th, 2015, 01:42
Got some more testing done and noticed that problem is with the War of the Dead ruleset. The NPCs there lack the "<< Unskilled >>" skill making it impossible for it to be rolled. I tried deleting the Unskilled skill from a common NPC and the unskilled rolls really stopped working.

So it's not really a "bug", but if the NPC doesn't have an Unskilled skill it won't work. More than that, if I end up deleting the "<< Unskilled >>" skill like I did, what's the best way to add it back to an NPC (since I can't easily reproduce those << >> using my keyboard)? Keep up the good work and thanks again for the awesome update!

Thanks again, one very old timer (I don't even know how many version old) bug was resolved: You should not be able to removed "Unskilled" entry from your list like you cannot from your PC skill list. This is not fixed and will be in the next patch. However about the "War of the Dead" issue I bet you have opened NPCs directly from module and not brought them to be part of the campaign. Only if NPCs are part of the campaign they will have the "Unskilled" skill, if you tend to us them from modules they either have or don't have them depending on module creator's will. The whole Unskilled-skill is meant to be automated that content providers don't have to worry about it, but again only NPCs in personalities list are fully-ledged so personally I don't feel thre is bug about this. Personalities list NPCs will have all the support from ruleset where module NPCs are just "templates". You can make rolls from them, but in practise it's not good at all, you should have make them part of your campaign anyways.

But still, great that you could provide me tip of the issue. Another bug was resolved thanks to you!

Dr0W
October 10th, 2015, 02:37
However about the "War of the Dead" issue I bet you have opened NPCs directly from module and not brought them to be part of the campaign. Only if NPCs are part of the campaign they will have the "Unskilled" skill, if you tend to us them from modules they either have or don't have them depending on module creator's will. The whole Unskilled-skill is meant to be automated that content providers don't have to worry about it, but again only NPCs in personalities list are fully-ledged so personally I don't feel thre is bug about this. Personalities list NPCs will have all the support from ruleset where module NPCs are just "templates". You can make rolls from them, but in practise it's not good at all, you should have make them part of your campaign anyways.!

Yea, I know it's a good practice to make the npcs part of campaign before using them and I really do that, usually. But in the case of WoD the module is so well done that the NPC and encounters are all preconfigured with their right placement already on the maps... And if I make the NPC part of the campaign before using them those links won't work with the new npc (right?). So it's ok, even if I have to make some workaround (like giving those few npc a Fighting: d4-2 dice), but it's really nothing to worry about.

Glad to be of help, I'll keep on reporting weird stuff I find. o7

Ikael
October 12th, 2015, 19:10
Yea, I know it's a good practice to make the npcs part of campaign before using them and I really do that, usually. But in the case of WoD the module is so well done that the NPC and encounters are all preconfigured with their right placement already on the maps... And if I make the NPC part of the campaign before using them those links won't work with the new npc (right?). So it's ok, even if I have to make some workaround (like giving those few npc a Fighting: d4-2 dice), but it's really nothing to worry about.

Glad to be of help, I'll keep on reporting weird stuff I find. o7

Returning back this this subject. Picked up very old adventure module of mine, opened it in SW4.2 and there is no issue. My NPC don't have Unskilled-skill by default, but ruleset takes care that it will be there when sheet is opened. I could make Axe Throwing attack from Stone Golems and they used correct unskilled d4-2 dices for it (because they don't have Throwing skill). -- So even my own argument "roll directly from module" was inaccurate-- it should work.

Now I wonder why this is happening in your War of the Dead module. I don't have it so I cannot do testing with it. Could you explain how you were able to get that situation? Even some screenshots about WotD elements can provide some insight

EDIT: My mind is tricking me. I do not have the issue because I created proof-of-concept fix for it and forgot it. It worked very fine and now I have pushed it to review stage. This would grant you to have and use Unskilled-skill even if you play directly from modules.

Dr0W
October 13th, 2015, 03:15
Mind some more Bug reporting?
Once again on Spells. Spells are being rolled against target's Parry and not against target number 4 as they should be.

Ikael
October 13th, 2015, 19:38
Mind some more Bug reporting?
Once again on Spells. Spells are being rolled against target's Parry and not against target number 4 as they should be.

Bring it on! More seriously, good find again. In v4.2 powers and attacks tabs are more equal code-wise than before and share lots of common code. However powers had these few small, but significant differences which went unnoticed. Thanks again for the great beta-testing!

Dr0W
October 13th, 2015, 23:01
Minor Bug Report
Not a deal breaker, reporting because it used to work on prior version and is something quite useful and I hope it's something simple to make it work again.

When you drag an attack or damage (and probably anything else) to the Hotkey toolbar (That thing on the lower part of the screen that you can use F1-F12 to make shortcuts for rolls), it does work normally but I can't make it work with targeting. Example: I have a hotkey set to roll my sword attack to roll on F1, on my turn I target the enemy and press F1. The roll is made but it doesn't compare with my target's parry at all.

I've been preparing a module to teach my friends to play Savage Worlds while teaching them to use the ruleset and it's functions, so I'm kinda playing with the whole ruleset and what it has to offer while I do this and end up finding these bugs.

sebim
October 15th, 2015, 13:58
LOOOOVE the new bennie stuff! When do you guys thin weŽll get a Deadlands Reloaded fix for 4.2? Combat tracker crash when clicking next combatant or next round if DL:R extension is used at campaign creation.

/Daniel

phantomwhale
October 17th, 2015, 03:21
LOOOOVE the new bennie stuff! When do you guys thin weŽll get a Deadlands Reloaded fix for 4.2? Combat tracker crash when clicking next combatant or next round if DL:R extension is used at campaign creation.

/Daniel

I can recreate that - let me take a look into fixing it up

[EDIT] and the fix is with Smiteworks for there next test channel release window.

Sorry, not had a good opportunity to test Deadlands: Reloaded with the new 4.2 changes, so any more bugs, please do post them here, and I'll try and provide fast feedback / fixes.

Always useful to get the contents of the console (use '/console' to bring it up, if it doesn't pop open) when errors happen. Also handy to have the output of '/version', but only to check if the error comes from the third-party extension, which in this case was obviously not the case.

Thanks again for the report

Dr0W
October 19th, 2015, 03:42
Major Bug
The following skills: Lockpicking, Persuasion and Streetwise are broken on the SW Deluxe Player Guide. They appear to be blank, no name or description when you click on them on the module or you drag them to a character.

Minor Bug
Used to work: Clicking the bennies on Character Selection that sets your bannies to the default amount isn't working with Bad Luck (that should reduce bennies by 1)

Not bugs but suggestions:
I see the Effect list got updated with new effects but some of them could use some improvements: Invisibility should grant [Defense +4] and there should be invisibility, Raise [Defense +6].
Smite should be Smite [Damage +2] and Smite, Raise [Damage +4]. Unarmed Defender *might* provide a [Parry -2] bonus, but this wouldn't be exactly what the rules say (attacker gets a +2 instead of defender getting a -2 to parry, but I can't think how it would make any difference)

sebim
October 19th, 2015, 13:34
Please make a new thread about other bugs than the one I asked about.

Dr0W
October 19th, 2015, 17:18
Please make a new thread about other bugs than the one I asked about.

Are you even aware that this thread is being used for bug reports long before you even posted yours? And why would I? This thread doesn't belong entirely to you and your problems only.

sebim
October 19th, 2015, 18:28
Are you even aware that this thread is being used for bug reports long before you even posted yours? And why would I? This thread doesn't belong entirely to you and your problems only.

Sorry. I was totaly zoned out after reading to much stuff on the net. Igonre my last post.

Ikael
October 20th, 2015, 19:49
Major Bug
The following skills: Lockpicking, Persuasion and Streetwise are broken on the SW Deluxe Player Guide. They appear to be blank, no name or description when you click on them on the module or you drag them to a character.

Minor Bug
Used to work: Clicking the bennies on Character Selection that sets your bannies to the default amount isn't working with Bad Luck (that should reduce bennies by 1)

Not bugs but suggestions:
I see the Effect list got updated with new effects but some of them could use some improvements: Invisibility should grant [Defense +4] and there should be invisibility, Raise [Defense +6].
Smite should be Smite [Damage +2] and Smite, Raise [Damage +4]. Unarmed Defender *might* provide a [Parry -2] bonus, but this wouldn't be exactly what the rules say (attacker gets a +2 instead of defender getting a -2 to parry, but I can't think how it would make any difference)

Thanks again for the great feedback. New changes commited for review and probably is going to get published in test mode. Changes were:

Module (lockpicking, persuasion, streetwise) issue was fixed but seemd like it has been around for some time already
Bad Luck now affects benny count again. There was small logic error which failed to determine if you have the hindrance if hindrance had brackets, ie. "Bad Luck (Major)". Now it's fixed
Rolls made from hotkeys will use live values of the trait (so you don't need to update hotkey when your traits change)
Hotkey rolls utilize targeting feature

About effect list, I had all of these under consideration long time ago, but decided not to include them because of:

Invisible: What if opponent has some special ability which can ignore invisibility penalties or maybe reduce them?
Smite: If set as effect then any and all damage rolls will be affected, but what if you have two weapons and only only gets smite boost?
Unarmed Defender: If two unarmed fight each other there is no penalty/bonus

I always thought that there are situational modifiers that opponent must take account, but it's true that maybe it's less bad to include these modifiers for reference and they could be removed/adjusted by the roll maker afterwards. Also these are exceptions, in 90-99% cases these can be ignored. Maybe I will includ them after all.

Dr0W
October 23rd, 2015, 05:27
Not a ruleset bug but got broken anyway so might be easily fixed on a new update:
Because of 3.1.3 update we got this new "Math and dice expressions within brackets will be evaluated in table results.", so tables with brackets (that are not math expressions apparently) don't work and display an error when you roll them. That includes some of the tables on SW ruleset like the injury one, for example. This can be easily fixed by removing the brackets from the tables. I'm not sure if I should report this here or elsewhere since it's not realy a SW bug.

Moon Wizard
October 23rd, 2015, 05:35
The bracketed table names for table linking should still work. We're using for DMG setup.

Can you point me to example where it's not working?

Thanks,
JPG

Dr0W
October 23rd, 2015, 07:15
The bracketed table names for table linking should still work. We're using for DMG setup.

Can you point me to example where it's not working?

Thanks,
JPG

Of course I can. Any table that has bracketed stuff doesn't work, like the Injury tables included on SW Deluxe. It's results are for example: [Unmentionables]: If the injury is permanent, reproduction is out of the question without miracle surgery or magic. There is no other effect from this result. Since [Unmentionables] has brackets I get this error: Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_table.lua"]:275: attempt to call field 'isDiceMathString' (a nil value). However if I remove the brackets from Unmentionables (and all the results on the table) it works fine. So I'm not sure if it's a matter of changing the table by removing the brackets from the Deluxe module or getting Core code fixed.

Dr0W
October 23rd, 2015, 07:18
Also some more bug report: Party sheet Inventory tab is not showing for the DM or players. It doesn't matter if the option "Party: Show inventiry for clients" is On or Off.

Ikael
October 23rd, 2015, 14:01
Also some more bug report: Party sheet Inventory tab is not showing for the DM or players. It doesn't matter if the option "Party: Show inventiry for clients" is On or Off.

I found this issues as well some time ago and patch for it is already on the way in latest build 10 (not yet in test channel I believe)

Dr0W
October 24th, 2015, 03:39
Just got updated to build 10 now I'm gettin this error
Ruleset Error: window: Control(languageicon) anchoring to an undefined control (language) in windowclass (chat)

All the time when typing anything on chat to the point that it's unplayable.

Ikael
October 24th, 2015, 06:15
Just got updated to build 10 now I'm gettin this error
Ruleset Error: window: Control(languageicon) anchoring to an undefined control (language) in windowclass (chat)

All the time when typing anything on chat to the point that it's unplayable.

Dang, this is most likely because CoreRPG was updated moment ago and seems like it updated parts that might cause issues in Savage Worlds. Bad timing. I am busy for next few days and won't be able to do this project. I will leave note for phantomwhale if he might be able to fix it meanwhile

Ikael
October 24th, 2015, 10:49
The first aid to the problem might be too disable Chat: Language features. The issue probably is caused because CoreRPG changes its drop down control name to combo box and changed some logic in it. SW utilizes CoreRPG drop down but references to it with unexisting name. If no one else takes a look at it I will do it this sunday

dulux-oz
October 24th, 2015, 11:46
The first aid to the problem might be too disable Chat: Language features. The issue probably is caused because CoreRPG changes its drop down control name to combo box and changed some logic in it. SW utilizes CoreRPG drop down but references to it with unexisting name. If no one else takes a look at it I will do it this sunday

For what it's worth, Ikael, I just had to spend a couple of hours going through my code to fix up the same issue, so I sympathize :(

Moon Wizard
October 24th, 2015, 17:06
Quick patch pushed to Test channel for latest SW errors. I made some under the cover changes on new additions to CoreRPG for developers in the latest Test version that coincided with their changes to use the initial implementation of those changes.

Regards,
JPG

dulux-oz
October 25th, 2015, 01:19
Ahh, you're a marvel, Moon :)

Moon Wizard
October 25th, 2015, 03:35
I didn't fix their stuff to use the new classes, I just stuffed the old classes into the SW ruleset. They still have some work. ;)

JPG

ShotGun Jolly
October 29th, 2015, 16:36
I didnt see a comment which simply stated.. "WOW" for 4.2

So, lets correct the issue..

"WOW"

Ikael
October 29th, 2015, 21:51
I didnt see a comment which simply stated.. "WOW" for 4.2

So, lets correct the issue..

"WOW"

Thank you. I have updated changelog slightly (see the first post), nothing mind blowing, but few highlights:

[Feature] If NPC added to combat tracker without assigned token, a default letter token will be assigned
[Feature] Trait/Attack/Damage rolls made from hotkeys use live values
[Feature] Ranged weapon's Mininum Strength requirement can be beyond d12, such as d12+5
[CoreRPG] Language feature updated to use CoreRPG version
[CoreRPG] Character selection updated to use CoreRPG version
[CoreRPG] Dropdown template updated to use CoreRPG version (combobox)
[Deprecated] Wild Card tool removed

So now you can setup your hotkeys from the most used traits/attacks/powers/damages/etc and whenever you make the rolls from the hotkey it will use the current values instead of values that existing at the moment of hotkey creation. For instance you setup hotkey to have your melee weapon's damage there. If your strength increases/decreases it will be taken account from making damage roll from the hotkeys. In addition hotkeys utilize targeting features as well.

Also the wild card tool (from GM and client tools) was completely deprecated and removed since it did not provide any use anymore. You can setup any character's (PC or NPC) wild die from the sheet and thus the tool is obsolete.

Note that these changes are not yet in test channel. The latest build is 10, so if/when build 11 hits the channel you get all the newest bits. The latest version of Savage Worlds is not compatible only with FG v3.1.3 which will be pushed as live version during this week. There is no more features/changes planned for Savage Worlds v4.2 so you can expect it to hit the streets soon-ish if everything goes as expected.

dikdastard
November 3rd, 2015, 15:27
Only recently bought FG with the idea of using it primarily at tabletop with a player instance on a second laptop hooked up to a basic projector in our existing face to face DLR campaign based around the Flood. Should be a major help to keep track of stuff for my aging GM brain as well as prettier battle maps, handouts etc.

Been working thru forums last couple of weeks trying to get to grips with the software and despite initial disappointment around lack of automation out of the box for SW this 4.2 version in the dev channel looks almost exactly what I was after, so huge thanks to Ikael from me as well for his efforts. :D

2 things though if I may- I think it is stated somewhere that all Ikael's extensions are now compatible with paid for content and indeed there are no crashes on running it with DLR. However, the DLR extension possibly as it handles bennies in a different way to normal SW currently nerfs a lot of the new features (thought I was being thick at first not making it work but they are simply not there until the DLR extension is removed). I would be tempted to run SW without the DLR as all the new toys work great without it, except I then get loads of errors in accessing any deadlands specific material from the GM and players guides. Hopefully you are going to tell me just to wait and the DLR extension will get updated to allow the new features and not simply overwrite them?

2nd thing is I have been combing the forums for help in manual dice rolling that would retain the automation features so my players can still roll their own dice at the table. There have been a few solutions posted but I can't get any to work in the new version particularly with rolls against parry applying effects etc.

Can anyone tell me how hard it would be to create a D0 for SW ruleset, as exists in some other rulesets? I was thinking we could then have FG versions of the PCs set up using D0 instead of their real die values allowing us to drag and drop just like a normal FG die roll but entering the tabletop rolled dice value directly into the roll modifier function instead. Hopefully this would then retain all the desired automations in the new 4.2 ruleset. Would this work or am I being too simplistic? It is clear from the forums there are other users out there and therefore a potentially increased market for developers, who could benefit from FG at existing face to face games not just on line, as a sort of all encompassing GM aid so it would be really good to have some form of manual die rolling functionality built in more transparently within the software for would be users.

Ikael
November 3rd, 2015, 19:24
Only recently bought FG with the idea of using it primarily at tabletop with a player instance on a second laptop hooked up to a basic projector in our existing face to face DLR campaign based around the Flood. Should be a major help to keep track of stuff for my aging GM brain as well as prettier battle maps, handouts etc.

Been working thru forums last couple of weeks trying to get to grips with the software and despite initial disappointment around lack of automation out of the box for SW this 4.2 version in the dev channel looks almost exactly what I was after, so huge thanks to Ikael from me as well for his efforts. :D

Thank you!

2 things though if I may- I think it is stated somewhere that all Ikael's extensions are now compatible with paid for content and indeed there are no crashes on running it with DLR. However, the DLR extension possibly as it handles bennies in a different way to normal SW currently nerfs a lot of the new features (thought I was being thick at first not making it work but they are simply not there until the DLR extension is removed). I would be tempted to run SW without the DLR as all the new toys work great without it, except I then get loads of errors in accessing any deadlands specific material from the GM and players guides. Hopefully you are going to tell me just to wait and the DLR extension will get updated to allow the new features and not simply overwrite them?

You could report DLR related issues to phantomwhale, who is the developer/maintainer of the extension. It can have some feature broken due to different take on bennies etc. It might be hard to notice these issues without really trying them out so playtesting it with v4.2 ruleset is the best approach to improve DLR.

2nd thing is I have been combing the forums for help in manual dice rolling that would retain the automation features so my players can still roll their own dice at the table. There have been a few solutions posted but I can't get any to work in the new version particularly with rolls against parry applying effects etc.

Can anyone tell me how hard it would be to create a D0 for SW ruleset, as exists in some other rulesets? I was thinking we could then have FG versions of the PCs set up using D0 instead of their real die values allowing us to drag and drop just like a normal FG die roll but entering the tabletop rolled dice value directly into the roll modifier function instead. Hopefully this would then retain all the desired automations in the new 4.2 ruleset. Would this work or am I being too simplistic? It is clear from the forums there are other users out there and therefore a potentially increased market for developers, who could benefit from FG at existing face to face games not just on line, as a sort of all encompassing GM aid so it would be really good to have some form of manual die rolling functionality built in more transparently within the software for would be users.

Such feature is not supported out of the box for attacks, but if you drag-and-drop any number into CT entry's token it will be recorded as pending damage (but it's bare minimum and you will lack some special features and calculation from there). However thanks to v4.2 new API it's relatively easy to make this work.

EDIT: Instead of providing sample ideas how to make it work here is extension that makes it work...
Extension adds three new slash commands

/melee [totalScore]
/ranged [totalScore]
/damage [totalScore] [ArmorPiercing]

Armor piercing value is optional you can invoke damage as "/damage 12" or "/damage 15 2".

All of above slash commands will use currently active combatant as attacker and all current targeting is used to determine targets

Note that this was quick 10min extension, you're welcome to edit/update it for your needs

dikdastard
November 3rd, 2015, 20:45
To echo the words of an earlier post- WOW! You sir, are a legend!

Thank you so much for going to the trouble of running up that mini extension- just tried it out and it works great. I've been trying to crack that problem for at least a week and it took you 10 minutes! I got the damage to work but no way I could get it to register a manually entered die roll as an attack. I guess no need for a D0 after all :o

Now I've got that, if DLR will start to play nicely with your 4.2 ruleset its starting to look just about perfect for my needs.

I've switched dev mode back on to run 4.2 alongside DLR from here on and as you suggest will report issues direct to Phantomwhale. Fortunately someone else is GMing our group in a Pathfinder game at the moment so I've got plenty of time to run in test mode at the moment and am happy to help the development in any way I can.

Skellan
November 4th, 2015, 23:21
<moved to the proper thread>

Skellan
November 4th, 2015, 23:40
The Deadlands Noir ruleset seems to be working well. Awesome update

Dr0W
November 20th, 2015, 18:56
Once again on powers, when you roll a skill from a power it doesn't display when the trait roll result was a 1 and this is very important for powers. If you roll the skill from the skill tab it does work, but not from powers.

Thanks for the hard work o/

Ikael
November 21st, 2015, 13:12
Once again on powers, when you roll a skill from a power it doesn't display when the trait roll result was a 1 and this is very important for powers. If you roll the skill from the skill tab it does work, but not from powers.

This can be fixed by changing scripts/manager_trait.lua script's line 577 from
return DB.getValue(nodeAttack, "fumble", 0)
into
return DB.getValue(nodeAttack, "fumble", 1)

Note this this issue is also with normal attacks. Quickfix on this without programming is to setup fumble range once for the attack or power and it will work thereafter. The issue is that when fumble is not defined it was expected to be 0 (ie. no fumble at all), but this the default value should be 1.

Dr0W
November 21st, 2015, 14:02
Thanks! I tried changing the value on manager_trait.lua but it didn't seem to work. Setting up a fumble range did work tough, but I wasn't aware that this was really an issue until I put it to test after a game where nobody got screwed by rolling a 1 on trait rolls.

Ikael
November 21st, 2015, 14:13
Thanks! I tried changing the value on manager_trait.lua but it didn't seem to work. Setting up a fumble range did work tough, but I wasn't aware that this was really an issue until I put it to test after a game where nobody got screwed by rolling a 1 on trait rolls.

You're correct, that won't fix it because fumble is already set to 0 in database level. To fix it you must use following code:
return math.max(1, DB.getValue(nodeAttack, "fumble", 1))

phantomwhale
November 22nd, 2015, 11:44

This will be patched in the next SW release in a few days time (v4.2.3) - thanks for the report !

Hector Trelane
December 17th, 2015, 06:01
This will be patched in the next SW release in a few days time (v4.2.3)

Question about current version of SW and the change log and features list: can I find this info in any single place? I see from my login screen that the SW ruleset is now v4.2.2, but at first had skipped reading this thread since the subject line says 4.2 is beta. I also see that the changelog in the \App Data\AddOns\Savage Worlds Ruleset is current only through SW v3.4. And, of course, Kevin Hogan's excellent Supplemental Guide 1.2 is current through SW v4.0.

For those, like me, who are getting back into the SW saddle and are catching up on the significant (and excellent) feature updates, it's confusing to track what's changed. A sticky thread with the current version and link to a change log would be ideal.

Apologies in advance if this info is tracked somewhere already... but I couldn't spot where, if so.