PDA

View Full Version : Few issues with Core Class PHB, and Hoard of the Dragon Queen.

spite
September 30th, 2015, 12:24
So tonight me and a few friends played Hoard of the Dragon queen, and there were a few things I found that I couldn't figure out, and basic googling didn't find an answer for.
Firstly, when dragging a class over to the character sheet to "level up" we were wondering if there was a way to make the HP gained a roll, instead of the average. Everyone preferred to roll theirs and take the chance but without trying to keep track of HP before and after and removing/roll/readding the HP we couldn't see another way.

Secondly, in regards to the Hoard of the Dragon Queen book, I noticed a few of the NPCs are missing their spells in their actions/abilites. The first noticed was acolytes, where it says in the first field "The acolyte is a 1st-level spellcaster. Its spellcasting ability is Wisdom (spell save DC 12, +4 to hit with spell attacks). The acolyte has following cleric spells prepared:
Cantrips (at will): light, sacred flame, thaumaturgy 1st level (3 slots): bless, cure wounds, sanctuary"
But then in the actions only Light and Sacred Flame were available. Is this intended? If so, why? I was needing to keep the spell book open to keep referring to when needing to cast the other spells it had prepared, along with keeping track of spell slots in a piece of paper (partly against the whole point of a VTT :P )
Oh and the other thing, the Hoard of the Dragon Queen's Loathsome Limbs table (linked to in NPC Trepsin) is an empty table. If someone doesn't have the Monster Manual table available then they will be unable to roll loathsome limbs.

damned
September 30th, 2015, 15:12
Heya spite - I dont think you can turn off average hit points. Average will always add the same number each level so it shoudl be easy enough to modify with your players roll once you know the number.

Add your HotDQ bugs here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?23710-5E-Bug-Reports-and-Notices-of-Fixes-Rolled-Out/page53 and they will get addressed in the next update.

Nylanfs
September 30th, 2015, 17:05
And on the NPC's missing spells, a) report them and b) unlock the NPC and add them to the spell list, that way you don't have to keep the spell section open.

Zacchaeus
September 30th, 2015, 20:52
If your players look in the chat window when they level up it will show them how many hit points have been added. If, for example a Cleric with CON of 14 levels up the chat box will show Average hit points for additional Cleric level added to 'A Dwarf'. (5+2). The +2 is the CON bonus so that can be ignored so all we have to worry about is the 5. So if your players want to roll just have them roll and if this particular Dwarf rolled a 4 just reduce the HP max by 1 or if he rolled an 8 increase hp by three.

spite
September 30th, 2015, 21:11
Thanks for the responses everyone, We didn't notice the chat log so that makes it easier. And I'll copy those bugs over to the link posted. Thanks everyone!