PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Racial Ability Modifiers

n10city
September 29th, 2015, 05:23
Foremost, I'd like to say that this isn't a huge issue. I'm just wondering if there is something I'm missing, or if the way I'm doing this is pretty much the solution. I've noticed that during character creation in 3.5, there's no specific location to enter racial modifiers to a character's ability score. I've told the players to note the racial bonuses in the "Special Abilities" box on their sheets and adjust the appropriate abilities accordingly.
Is this the way to do it or is there someplace to enter this that specifically notes from whence came the adjustment?

Trenloe
September 29th, 2015, 06:03
What you're doing is just about right. Note it somewhere (the abilities is probably the right place) and add it to the relevant stat. These modifiers are one-off, permanent modifiers when the PC is created, hence there's no specific place to note them as it would be pretty much a waste of valuable character sheet space. To the best of my knowledge the racial ability bonus/penalty, other than modifying to the ability score, has no further game mechanic so no need to note it anywhere special/obvious.

n10city
September 29th, 2015, 06:13
This is what I figured. For the standard D&D 3.5 races I don't really even need the note, as I've been playing for some time. It's all the expanded race choices that had me wondering if there was somewhere else I should be entering the info. Thanks!