PDA

View Full Version : Will FG support card flipping?

cychow
September 28th, 2015, 22:17
I'm curious if FG will support card flip and shuffling? Mainly for Through the Breach RPG from Wyrd Miniatures. It would need full deck support and partial deck support built on 13 cards.

Chung

Trenloe
September 28th, 2015, 22:29
Not natively.

You can simulate random card decks with this extension: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?23099-Basic-Card-Tables-Extensions

cychow
September 29th, 2015, 04:34
Yeh, I was thinking about ways around it and using a table would be a way to go but then you'd have to figure in your discard pile and stuff. ug. ok. Thanks.

Chung

Trenloe
September 29th, 2015, 05:03
Yeh, I was thinking about ways around it and using a table would be a way to go but then you'd have to figure in your discard pile and stuff. ug. ok.
Have a look at the extension, it adds features to the standard FG table functionality - you track which cards are used (a discard pile) and can shuffle them back in to the deck either as a whole or individually.

It's obviously not an exact replica of card decks, but it goes some towards allowing you to simulate multiple card decks within FG.

cychow
September 29th, 2015, 20:40
Will do! Thanks Trenloe!

Chung

GrimDS
November 1st, 2018, 04:39
Wondering how you made out with weather this worked or not for you and if there is a rule set somewhere?

dulux-oz
November 1st, 2018, 06:01
Wondering how you made out with weather this worked or not for you and if there is a rule set somewhere?

Not yet (the Ruleset) - but the DORCore will (might?) have Card Functionality - or I might make it an Extension. Either way, I've got it working now for my Deadlands Classic Ruleset.

Trenloe
November 1st, 2018, 07:34
Welcome to the the FG forums!

Have a look at the extension linked in post #2 which simulates basic card drawing from a deck.

GrimDS
November 1st, 2018, 11:45
Thank you for the Quick Response.
I believe I've found a way to make it work just need to do some more testing and it is with the card Extensions Mentioned below along with a little modification.

I'm new to creating things for FG and I'm still working through what can be done exactly.
I'll post here what I have done if I get it simulating things the way I want.