PDA

View Full Version : Join Game

kenneth_burnell
September 28th, 2015, 02:23
I am having issues with connecting to the gm as the player. I have made sure that the ip address is correct and I have also tried connecting with the alias. In both instances I have not been able to connect to the host. I am not sure what I can do to be able to connect. I have asked the gm if port 1802 has been opened and he has confirmed that it is.

Nickademus
September 28th, 2015, 02:27
I imagine the first question people are going to ask you is if any other players can connect to the GM.
If not, does the GM's connection test come back pass for fail.

If so, you may try nuking your connection history and starting fresh (the nuke symbol in the upper left).

kenneth_burnell
September 28th, 2015, 02:39
I have tried this as well and it still not working.

kenneth_burnell
September 28th, 2015, 03:13
I am still not able to connect to the host and not sure what is going on. There are other players that were able to connect.

cychow
September 28th, 2015, 03:18
Is your outbound ports open for 1802 from your computer and network?

cychow
September 28th, 2015, 03:23
Also when you say you can't connect, are you getting any errors? How is it "not connecting"?

Nylanfs
September 28th, 2015, 03:53
Player's do not need to open port 1802,

kenneth_burnell
September 28th, 2015, 04:16
I was finally able to find out the section that I needed to open the port on the network. Thanks for the tip cychow. I thought it was just the one section that I needed to do that in.

damned
September 28th, 2015, 06:34
Far and away in most cases it is not required for the player to make any changes to the players to his/her router - unless you have tightened security up more than the default settings. If you have turned on the routers firewall or allowed only specific protocols you may need to make exceptions for Fantasy Grounds to talk OUTBOUND on TCP1802.

tadkil
November 24th, 2015, 04:19
Related problem to this thread I think. I have been able to host games without difficulty. I have not been able to long onto a game and the GM reports his server is up and active. I get the red ERROR stop sign when I try to log on.

damned
November 24th, 2015, 07:10
Sometimes your AV or Windows Firewall will block an App it doesnt recognise.
It could also be blocked at the router by a higher security setting than the default.

tadkil
November 28th, 2015, 04:11
The issue is definitely with the router.

I tried disabling the firewall and my virus protection software and was still unable to connect. Next, I used a mifi from work and was able to connect to my DM's game without any difficulty. The other players have not had any challenges logging on & I have been able to host my games.

I manipulated the security setting on my router and I have not been able to connect. I have returned them to default for security's sack.

My ISP is Cox. I have a Cisco modem. Any thoughts?

damned
November 28th, 2015, 07:02
It was a router setting. In setting up the inbound settings an entry was also added to the filters to specifically block tcp 1802.

Swipht
November 29th, 2015, 17:28
I'm also having this same issue. I can host just fine, but I can't join

Things I've done
Made exceptions in fire wall/anti virus
Shut off fire wall/anti virus
Made ip static
Port forward 1802 (two different ways)
Changed router security to low
reinstalled fantasy grounds

Never mind got it. Check your port FILTERING you DON'T want them enabled.

damned
November 29th, 2015, 23:11
I'm also having this same issue. I can host just fine, but I can't join

Things I've done
Made exceptions in fire wall/anti virus
Shut off fire wall/anti virus
Made ip static
Port forward 1802 (two different ways)
Changed router security to low
reinstalled fantasy grounds

Never mind got it. Check your port FILTERING you DON'T want them enabled.

This was the same as tadkils situation - filters actually remove/block what you add there.

tadkil
November 30th, 2015, 01:23
This was the same as tadkils situation - filters actually remove/block what you add there.

Damned took a look at it for me & fixed it. A bit of ID10T in my set up. :o